Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Barmore is excellent, too. I mean we knew this stuff, but when you watch so many clips focusing on just one guy and then watch a big game where the Bama boys are playing so well together it’s downright scary.

If there’s one thing I’m glad about it’s the kind of Bama players we get.  Then again you can’t go wrong often with the program. 

Gonna have to watch more of Cornell Powell. He's a senior. he has good ball skills. Really impressive.

Lawrence stood tall in the pocket despite Werner barreling down on him. What a throw. He is firmly my 1. I was iffier about that earlier this offseason, but he is 100% QB1. The other guys are competing for QB2 still.

I liked Werner's athleticism on the two pressures in the first drive. He looks like he might have the ILB sauce. We'll see what else happens tonight. 

Cornell Powell (Clemson WR) vs. Notre Dame | Draft Breakdown (2020) - YouTube

Check out at 25 seconds and at about 2 mins and 40 seconds. This dude loves to block. Hands are a little suspect. Too many body catches and had a brutal drop. But he seems to have the ball skills that catch earlier tonight showed.

Skalski is a sleeper linebacker. He doesn't have some of the freak physical traits but the guy is a hard nosed, down hill, face smasher. He's a leader. He's full of fire. Nasty son of a gun. He plays downhill like a son of a gun, too. 

They've (Ohio State) been sending Werner on nearly every pass rush situation. He has great burst and an excellent swim move. I want to see him in coverage more. 

Fields extremely cool under pressure right now. He needs to remain that way.

Ohio State with masterpiece offensive play calling while Clemson struggles to get lined up. They have struggled with that big time so far tonight. 

Tuf Borland is too slow for the next level. He has to take extreme angles to get to a ball carrier and he still doesn't get there.

Werner is okay in coverage it looks like. I like him a lot so far. Not a lot of video on him, though.

Justin Fields legs and arm so far have been on point.

Sermon has been a major problem for Clemson as well.

These two teams are quarterbacked and have runningbacks that are going to be NFL stars.

Wow. This is the game by Fields I needed to see to reaffirm my thoughts on him. It's early still, but Lawrence isn't as cemented at 1 as I thought earlier. Though he's got a good grip.

Fields is having a game, man. No pressure is rattling him, he's throwing the ball with a lot of zip and putting it in absolutely excellent positions for his receivers. He is making sound decisions when plays break down. 

Werner is impressive, man. He's a top ILB candidate in this draft.

Herbstreit is getting a little insufferable that was not a good throw and there was no reason to throw it that far to Wilson’s outside shoulder. Loved the footwork and mechanics on the TD pass with the pocket collapsing. Shoulders and feet square rather than parallel. 

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wow. This is the game by Fields I needed to see to reaffirm my thoughts on him. It's early still, but Lawrence isn't as cemented at 1 as I thought earlier. Though he's got a good grip.

Fields is having a game, man. No pressure is rattling him, he's throwing the ball with a lot of zip and putting it in absolutely excellent positions for his receivers. He is making sound decisions when plays break down. 

I'm not sold on him. He had Olave wide open and overthrew him. Two downs later he threw over the middle too high when no one was around his wide receiver. That being said, he is dominating. 

Just now, Blue Collar Skins said:

I'm not sold on him. He had Olave wide open and overthrew him. Two downs later he threw over the middle too high when no one was around his wide receiver. That being said, he is dominating. 

Every quarterback makes tough throws and misses. Every one. Lawrence has done it. 

Mahomes does it. 

Rodgers does it.

When you wipe away a bad throw and break down the whys and hows it boils down to why they missed. Fields just missed. He didn't rush his throw. He didn;t have sloppy mechanics... Obviously you don't want to miss, but sometimes it happens... and if it happens that way it's acceptable. 

The pass over the middle was high, but it was in a catchable spot. Again, if you miss that's the way you want to miss. 

Speaking of misses... Lawrence just missed on that throw to Etienne.

It happens. 

46 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Skalski is a sleeper linebacker. He doesn't have some of the freak physical traits but the guy is a hard nosed, down hill, face smasher. He's a leader. He's full of fire. Nasty son of a gun. He plays downhill like a son of a gun, too. 

They've (Ohio State) been sending Werner on nearly every pass rush situation. He has great burst and an excellent swim move. I want to see him in coverage more. 

30 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Tuf Borland is too slow for the next level. He has to take extreme angles to get to a ball carrier and he still doesn't get there.

Werner is okay in coverage it looks like. I like him a lot so far. Not a lot of video on him, though.

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I was thinking the same thing with Skalski. The loved him last year as they gave hi numerous team awards. He is a true leader respected by all of them. Sadly he appears too pedestrian. If this was the 80's he would be a 2nd rounder.

And then theres the Ohio State LB's-it is evident we can remove Borland from the wish list! Werner could be moving himself up a round or two, maybe into the 2nd round. 

I thought Wade looked like crrap early but has really come on.

Funny he got tossed for targeting last year and now Skalski could be getting that

Without Skalski the Clemson D is going to totally fall apart. They've already been brutal. 

Okay how can you NOT like Fields? Look at that? He is injured. Not hurt. He's injured. The guy can't walk. He didn't care that he was injured. He went and made a tough rolling throw for a touchdown.

I don't know how people aren't sold on this kid. He's got the moxie, the tools, everything. He's a star. 

Just now, mhd24 said:

What is everyone’s thoughts on Olave?

I have to deep dive on him a little more. He seems like he's always open. Smart routes. Fast. Seems similar to a Terry McLaurin except with more of a mouth (not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing)

Sermon may very well be RB2.

Lawrence is struggling with pressure tonight. I may have been off base earlier. Fields could still wind up back in my QB1 slot. He had to have an incredible game and Lawrence a meh one and so far that's shaping up. Still a lot of time though... And of course pre-draft workouts before my final rankings go up. 

Archived