Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2021 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

31 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

So who would be the most boring pick for us to grab? I think for me and what I've been seeing, it has to be Teven Jenkins. There is zero excitement about that pick for me, he doesn't seem like a standout to me at all. Actually the top of this entire OL is pretty overrated IMO, it's nothing compared to last years crop at the top. 

Mac Jones

So that is who they will pick.:chair::ols:

:229:The Rook

24 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Those would be good picks to me. I also like Farley at 19. Trade-back scenarios I like Greg Newsome, Jamin Davis, Kadarius Toney, and Alex Leatherwood. Moehrig still seems to have high variance on where he goes at this stage, he's still mocked anywhere between picks 17-34. Walter Football has him falling in the 2nd and they are one of the more accurate mockers this late into the pre-draft stage, so I'm not sure if I take him at 19 or trade back for him honestly lol. I definitely prefer to stay put and take the better talent. 

Farley at 19? No thanks. The guy is another back injury away from retirement. Or worse. He still has a numb toe. I am not touching him until well into the draft. 

“His is different,” the personnel director said. “Gronk had one surgery before he came out and Farley’s had two. He’s got multi-level injuries. When you get multi-level back surgeries, it’s two different spots where you have pressure being redistributed. That’s what makes his a little more risky. One, it’s multi-level and, two, it’s two before he’s played an NFL game and one is recent. He should be OK but you never know. He’s only rehabbing right now.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/packers/news/scout-on-farley-youre-betting-on-probability

The opinions in this thread are so all over the place right now :ols:

Some want to trade up for JOK, Sewell, Pitts, Fields, Lance.

Some want to take Darrisaw and hope the core thing wasn’t serious.

Some want to take Farley despite two back injuries and an acl injury.

Some want Moehrig, some don’t at all. Some like him but only as a trade back.

Some say sprint to the podium if Smith is there at 19, some say he’s too small and can’t do it. 

Some love Waddle. Some think he’s destined to be Malcolm Kelly with the injuries.

Some want Najee (or Etienne) others think you can’t draft a back that early even if they’re the BPA.

Some want Zaven. Some don’t because they think he’s positioned as a 3-4 OLB now.

Some want Parsons because he’s a great athlete, others don’t want to advocate for the guy with severe locker room issues and want nothing to do with him.

I’m going to be honest... tomorrow night might be fun because no matter what happens a segment of the fan base is going to have a melt down :ols:

3 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Eagle’s guy really going out on a limb. SMH

Yea he basically says they could do anything and everything... yeah no kidding.

What would be strange is if they traded up since Eagles already traded down... Doesn't make a lot of sense to now trade up.. but I suppose if someone falls a little that they like anything is possible.

2 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Watch the Patriots trade up to #4 and take Kyle Pitts 🤣

Unless San Fran takes Pitts at 3 to add to their arsenal. Then even Rosen or Sudfeld could throw 60 TDs  :806:

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

You’re moving UP for JOK?

Even 3 spots is wacky @RWJ:806:

10 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Some say sprint to the podium if Smith is there at 19, some say he’s too small and can’t do it. 

Some love Waddle. Some think he’s destined to be Malcolm Kelly with the injuries.

Some want Najee (or Etienne) others think you can’t draft a back that early even if they’re the BPA.

Some want Zaven. Some don’t because they think he’s positioned as a 3-4 OLB now.

Some want Parsons because he’s a great athlete, others don’t want to advocate for the guy with severe locker room issues and want nothing to do with him.

I’m going to be honest... tomorrow night might be fun because no matter what happens a segment of the fan base is going to have a melt down :ols:

I'm legit hyped for the draft. I mean last year was great getting Young but it was a foregone conclusion and the rest of the night was just watching the rest of the league.

There is just so much intrigue and unknown this year because of COVID and so many possible pathways based on who goes out and gets QBs and what not.

I can't wait.

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Love JOK but heck no to a trade up.  I'd consider a trade up for Sewell or Pitts if the price isn't crazy but I think it will be and I think Pitts is taken at 4 and no chance to get him.  I'd trade up for Fields.  I might for Lance if the price isn't too big.

I'd take Darrisaw but I am not married to him.  I'd probably stay at 19 and take him there if he lands there but I won't hate it if they traded down.

Me not among them.  No to Farley -- maybe at 51.

I like him in a trade back but I wouldn't hate it at 19.  I dig the player.  I'd be jazzed if they end up with him.

I'd sprint to the podium and order my custom Devonta jersey 5 minutes later.

I love Waddle.  No shot though at 19 so I don't think about him much.

Like you, I'd love Najee.  I like Etienne almost as much.  The board would meltdown though if they took them.

I've gone from hot to closer to lukewarm on Zaven.  I like Jamin and Koramoah better but not because of the 3-4 stuff.  I think both are better players than Zaven for this team.  But I wouldn't hate Zaven at 19.  He will be a good player IMO.

I love the player.  I don't think i am in position to judge his character from afar so I'd trust the FO to figure that out one way or another.  

Yep.  Couldn't resist answering this list one by one.  It's a good summary of the angst of the first round on this thread.  :ols:

9 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Unless San Fran takes Pitts at 3 to add to their arsenal. Then even Rosen or Sudfeld could throw 60 TDs  :806:

Even 3 spots is wacky @RWJ:806:

If the WFT really likes him and they need to move ahead of LV who wants him.  That's wacky?  Let's see N.O. when they traded their entire draft plus a 1st and 3rd to us for Ricky Williams that's wacky, bro. 

2 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I know the Rams have some big fancy draft house. Which makes no sense since they don't even have a 1st round pick until like 2040.

I should have let WFT use my house for free. I'd even provide the beverages if they let me make the 1st phone call to our 1st round pick

10 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Love JOK but heck no to a trade up.  I'd consider a trade up for Sewell or Pitts if the price isn't crazy but I think it will be and I think Pitts is taken at 4 and no chance to get him.  I'd trade up for Fields.  I might for Lance if the price isn't too big.

So a trade from #19 up to #16 for JOK is too pricey?  

9 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

This is what I want. Fields. 

But I’d settle for building a super explosive offense that a QB can step into a year from now, or making this a truly elite defense. 

He's my top want too.  Feels like they'd only make a move though if the price isn't steep.  A lot of noise that NE is all over it and not so much us.  But who knows maybe the WFT is skulking and trying not to make a lot of noise on this front.  tomorrow should be fun.  I'd say its at least in play that they trade up.

4 minutes ago, RWJ said:

So a trade from #19 up to #16 for JOK is too pricey?  

Koramoah I think is a nice fit for where they are at -- pick #19.  I am not giving up draft capital to go get him.  To go up 3 places I'd guess that would take a 4th?  If so I'd rather hold on to the pick and take someone who might be there in the 4th like a Tony Rice, Derrick Barnes, Anthony Schwartz, etc. 

29 minutes ago, KDawg said:

And a lot of the arguments are really well thought out, logical and enthusiastic.

I read one post and think, “Boy he/she’s scored some good points. I think I’ll give him a trophy emoji”.

Then the very next post tears up that argument and comes to a different conclusion so I think, “Damn can’t give a trophy to that other post cause this guy/gal deserves it more.”

Then the next post says something like, “you’re all idiots and heres why”- laying out a stong argument in the process.

So I’m stuck with a warehouse of trophies all paid for and ready to go with nowhere to send ‘em.

My old feeble brain keeps going back and forth from side to side like it’s watching a grueling tennis rally that just won’t stop.

To hell with it! I’m gonna drink a pitcher of vodka and prune juice, drain my bunions, inflate Zelda and call it an early night.

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

He's my top want too.  Feels like they'd only make a move though if the price isn't steep.  A lot of noise that NE is all over it and not so much us.  But who knows maybe the WFT is skulking and trying not to make a lot of noise on this front.  tomorrow should be fun.  I'd say its at least in play that they trade up.

Koramoah I think is a nice fit for where they are at -- pick #19.  I am not giving up draft capital to go get him.  To go up 3 places I'd guess that would take a 4th?  If so I'd rather hold on to the pick and take someone who might be there like a Kylin Hill, Tony Rice, Derrick Barnes, Anthony Schwartz, etc/ 

SIP, #1:   if they like him (RR and Co) what would you think?  #2:  My opinion is he's worth moving up for ahead of LV at #16 and giving up a 4th.  We could move down with our 1st 3rd rounder and get a later 3rd rounder and acquire the 4th back.    

4 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

If there are no droppers and no trade options I seriously think their defensive guy is Jamin and their offensive guy is Jenkins at 19

Feels to me:

A.  Darrisaw

B. Koramoah

C. Jamin Davis

D. T. Moehrig

Standig mentioned in a podcast he doesn't think Jenkins would be in play with them.  He could end up wrong.  But I haven't heard yet of a Jenkins tie to them.  

1 minute ago, TrancesWithWolves said:

And a lot of the arguments are really well thought out, logical and enthusiastic.

I read one post and think, “Boy he/she’s scored some good points. I think I’ll give him a trophy emoji. Then the very next post tears up that argument and comes to a different conclusion so I think, “Damn can’t give a trophy to that other post cause this guy/gal deserves it more. Then the next post says something like you’re all idiots and heres why- laying out a stong argument in the process. So I’m stuck with a warehouse of trophies all paid for and ready to go with nowhere to send ‘em.

My old feeble brain keeps going back and forth from side to side like it’s watching a grueling tennis rally that just won’t stop.

I’m gonna drink a pitcher of vodka and prune juice, drain my bunions and call it a night.

You might be draining something else too.  Be careful.

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

SIP, #1:   if they like him (RR and Co) what would you think?  #2:  My opinion is he's worth moving up for ahead of LV at #16 and giving up a 4th.  We could move down with our 1st 3rd rounder and get a later 3rd rounder and acquire the 4th back.    

That's cool.  You got a right to that opinion.   I like the player a lot but I would rather not burn a pick to get him.  

Archived