Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Kamren Curl, S Arkansas

zCommander

Kurl looked like a wiley 'ol vet on that play.

Very impressed

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Hoping this kid can give us some much much needed help as a S. He made a couple nice plays on Sunday. Our S’s are so underwhelming atm that his presence was welcome tbh.

Don't know if you were aware, but he was playing strictly nickel corner and didn't get any time at Safety.

Don't know if that's the ultimate plan for him, but they stuck with the original safeties all game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Hoping this kid can give us some much much needed help as a S. He made a couple nice plays on Sunday. Our S’s are so underwhelming atm that his presence was welcome tbh.

Yea I’d like to move him to free safety at some point this season.  I still think Collins is good, he doesn’t like the “box safety” label, but he’s good at it.  I think he can make plays in the secondary too though.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, -JB- said:

Had a nice tackle behind the line of scrimmage Sunday.  Let’s hope he’s a diamond in the rough!  Oooooooweeeeee!

At the time he made that play, the score was still a tie game at 17-all ... that was a BALLER play, which forced Philly into a third and long that ultimately got us the ball back... and if you go and look at the replay, if he hadn't make that play, there was NO DEFENSE out in the flat and Clement could have moon-walked 25 yards without being touched.   Liking the young guy so far, that was a game-changing play by a 7th-round, relatively unheralded rookie... props ... looking forward to seeing more from this dude.

Edited by ColonialWBSkinsFan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Did he say anything other than "Ooooooweeee !!!" ?

He said his victory food after the game was fried rice.

He said his favorite player on the team to watch on O was Terry McLaurin.

He said he prefers text messages over talking on the phone.

• Thanks 1

Even if he looks good, I'm not sure he has the pathway to regularly contribute in the way Moreland has had.

If Fuller were healthy, I'm not sure Curl gets even half of the limited reps last week. You have to expect fuller would be on the field especially in nickel, and the most likely candidate to get bumped would be Curl. Once we get Fuller back, a lot of Curl's opportunities will dry up quickly. He needs to show out on special teams if anything.

He'd be relegated to a B Love situation. Wont know what he can do b/c he'd be buried in the depth chart

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JoggingGod said:

Fuller isn’t playing safety for us afaik 

Curl is not likely to log a lot of pure safety snaps for us outside of injury. He didn't log any in the last game. If I remember correctly Apke and Collins logged every snap. Curl was only brought in as an extra DB in Nickel and Dime and that is a roll that can be played by a CB or S. Fuller fills that role nicely.

Even if Fuller gets slotted into an outside CB role, I would expect Jimmy or Fabian (whichever is not on the outside) to come in as an extra DB before Curl. Unless we run a lot of dime defense I don't see Curl getting a lot of reps. He has to be the odd man out for the extra DB between himself, Jimmy/Fabian/Kendal.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Even if he looks good, I'm not sure he has the pathway to regularly contribute in the way Moreland has had.

If Fuller were healthy, I'm not sure Curl gets even half of the limited reps last week. You have to expect fuller would be on the field especially in nickel, and the most likely candidate to get bumped would be Curl. Once we get Fuller back, a lot of Curl's opportunities will dry up quickly. He needs to show out on special teams if anything.

He'd be relegated to a B Love situation. Wont know what he can do b/c he'd be buried in the depth chart

you can never have too many DBs, he’ll get snaps imo

• Like 2

Yup, he’ll get his snaps especially if Kendal Fuller is eased back into things for this game or on a limited snap count after coming back from injury. But, it’s a good and true point that if healthy Fuller will bump him down in playing time. 

Edited by Fresh8686