Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

Elgin bar owner bans customers from wearing masks inside

ELGIN, Texas (KXAN) — No entrance with a mask.

A local tavern in Elgin has banned its customers from coming in covered up. 

The statement posted outside the tavern reads, “Due to our concern for our citizens, if they feel the need to wear a mask, then they should probably stay home until it’s safe.”

Click on the link for the full article

Can't say that I disagree with the owner. 

That snippet doesn't say that they are banned. I have not read the full article. There's no point of going to a restaurant or bar with a mask. Can you eat or drink with the apparatus? 

Stay safe and protect yourself and others if you can. 

That's the way I read that.

I hate to point this out, but MD, where the Gov shut things down comparatively early and said he would keep closed until numbers looked better, has had a couple days of increases.  We went from 762 acute cases in the hospital to 818 in two days.  That is a 7% increase in 2 days.  I note that is starting 3 days after we opened everything up on Friday. I note that is starting 3 days after we opened everything up on Friday which is in line with the incumbency time frame of 2-14 days.  I hope this isn't the start of a horror story and tomorrow's numbers get better.

https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/ 

• Sad 1

I don't have anything planned until the middle of next month. We've been prisoners in our own home for months. I'll roll the dice in appropriate circumstances. Other than that...I could stay home forever. Probably would kill myself after much longer though. 

My wife and I have walked and jogged, but have not set foot in a place besides groceries.

• Like 1

Besides Larry, not as many potential at risk people going to Disney world. 

I don't want to imprison the folks that are potential victims, however I also don't want the rest of us on lockdown. 

I'll see my parents sooner or later. They understand. 

1 hour ago, clietas said:

Over or under on it closing by July 18th? I'm thinking under. Place is a breeding ground for this kinda virus. 

Depends on how Disney plans to react when the park gets linked to outbreaks.

Mickey gonna be wearing a mask then it comes out he tests positive, what's the breaking point for a company already loaded with cash?

Folks may try to get as much summer business as they can then mass shutdowns after labor day.

Just in time for folks to not want to go to school and the crises from being forced to.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Disney World reopening July 11

Gonna be dubious about that.  Really want to do that, but wondering if I'm being one of those spring breakers, so to speak.  

(Part of me is saying "If they limit the number of people, then the lines will be shorter!")

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Ivanka has nepotism issues, but does seem to be a lot less douchey than Don and Eric.

Don’t let the mask fool you. She’s the worst  one. She’s just smart enough to hide it. 

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Ivanka has nepotism issues, but does seem to be a lot less douchey than Don and Eric.

It's not her personality, she's just built her personal brand to appeal to women, whereas Don and Eric's whole schtick brand is being dumb assholes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, visionary said:

This is after receiving a huge capital injection thanks to the Fed propping up corporate bonds. They rejected government loans so they can fire people while still getting loads of capital. **** Boeing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1