Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

I feel like I'm being told to get f'd right now, why is my tax money doing this to me?

20200524_015722.thumb.jpg.8d9a2ce96ef5545d25d75f03a4454575.jpg

Folks out here saying Obama was golfing during Ebola...with two US deaths...

Compared to 100,000.

I really did try to get a test today just because my mom did and I couldn't. That last place recommended was already closed because it was after 5 when I finally found that out.  DePaul Hospital had empty tents by time I got to them after that.

We did what scientist told us to do, which already sucked, now government isn't listening to the scientists, which is worse.

People can't bring heard immunity to Supreme Court to stop a deliberate attack against right to live? This has to be unconstitutional saying F it like this.

Edited by Renegade7

On 5/22/2020 at 1:51 PM, China said:

Alabama Is Packing Graduation Ceremonies and Overloading ICUs

Several high schools in Alabama—where coronavirus cases have been steadily increasing since lockdown restrictions were first loosened last month—went ahead with ceremonies this week, provoking the ire of protesters and dismay among some public health officials. Even as local Montgomery officials warned this week that major hospitals had completely run out of available intensive care unit beds due to an outbreak in the area, Gov. Kay Ivey announced Thursday that statewide bans on large entertainment venues, athletic activities, and childcare facilities would end on Friday at 5 p.m.

In other words, one of the states with the most alarming COVID-19 dynamics in the country was plowing ahead with a uniquely brazen reopening...

“Many people in Montgomery hospitals are not from Montgomery,” Reed said. “They’re suffering because they don’t have the rural health-care system in place that they need.”

Click on the link for the full article

Two thoughts. First, why are they still allowing rural patients to come in when the locals can’t get a bed? Shouldn’t they consider a “Montgomery First” policy a-la Tя☭mp’s Muricuh First policy?

Second, given Gov. Dimbulb’s early reopening in Georgia, I’m sure glad this is nowhere near us. Oh, wait.😬

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

it may be the rest of the populace does start imitating the citizenry of the french revolution with their objects being every trump-supporting entity out there skittering around in their petty whiny delusional self-centered arrogantly ignorant malevolent cognitive cesspool

though i'm sure they're not all bad  👼

Poll: Many Americans won’t venture into public despite businesses reopening

A new poll from the Associated Press/NORC Center for Public Affairs Research shows that only about half of Americans are ready to resume many of the activities they regularly did prior to the coronavirus pandemic, like watching a movie or attending a sporting event, if given the option.

The survey results underscore the reality that reviving the US economy is not just a matter of opening businesses and venues, but of the public’s perception about the safety of venturing out to crowded spaces and interacting with high-touch surfaces.

The survey, taken from May 14 to 18 (with a 4.2 percentage point margin of error), asked 1,065 US adults about the kinds of activities they did regularly before the pandemic, and whether they would consider taking them up again in the next few weeks if allowed to do so. It compared these responses to those of Americans in general by combining the answers of respondents who once regularly engaged in the surveyed activities with the answers of those who did not.

Overall, it found that Americans who did things like go to the gym or attend religious services at least monthly prior to the pandemic were more likely to say they’d return to doing so if given the chance. Nevertheless, for most activities — particularly those with higher risks of infection like concerts or using public transportation — fewer than half of those who once regularly engaged with them said they would do so if restrictions were lifted.

Click on the link for the full article

Wow Marty's playland still has the same neon sign since the late 70s, maybe the old haunted house on the fishing pier should try to make a comeback 

Favorite memory of Ocean City is watching Joe Juneau send the Capitals to their first ever Stanley Cup Finals in a place once called the Cork Bar 

Edited by c slag

My family used to spend a week in ocean city every year when we were kids.  We usually walk the boardwalk a few times a year now that my parents live in southern Delaware.  I can’t really imagine doing it right now though. 

• Like 1

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/im-looking-for-the-truth-states-face-criticism-for-covid-19-data-cover-ups/ar-BB14yyYa?li=BBnb7Kz

'I'm looking for the truth': States face criticism for COVID-19 data cover-ups

As states ramp up their reopenings, some are coming under criticism for making public misleading statistics or concealing information related to the coronavirus outbreak.

While the U.S. has reported more cases and deaths than any other country, the method for counting COVID-19 deaths varies by state. In testimony before the Senate earlier this month, Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, said the actual number of people who've died as a result of the pandemic is "almost certainly" higher than what's been counted.

Such data has been the basis for how quickly states are beginning to open up and return to a sense of normalcy. But government officials in a number of states are facing questions about how open and honest they're being about how the virus is impacting their state.

"Accurate, complete and timely information is the best way to understand, respond to and limit the impact of the virus on both health and the economy," Dr. Tom Frieden, who ran the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention under former President Barack Obama, told NBC News.

"This helps to set realistic expectations on how the pandemic will affect people's lives and to inform required changes in behavior to prevent the spread of the virus," he added.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/kentucky-gov-andy-beshear-hanged-011610816.html

Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear hanged in effigy as Second Amendment supporters protest coronavirus restrictions

What started out as a freedom-loving celebration of the Second Amendment ahead of Memorial Day turned into Kentucky Gov. Andy Beshear being hanged in effigy and protesters chanting outside the governor’s mansion.

The Second Amendment rally, meant to inspire people “about what it really means to be FREE,” according to Take Back Kentucky, attracted at least 100 people to the Kentucky State Capitol in Frankfort on Sunday.

It began as a celebration of constitutional rights but turned into a protest of coronavirus restrictions and Beshear’s administration. Folks toted guns and waved American and “Don’t tread on me” flags. Taps honored the fallen, and free flags were given to veterans from all military branches.

Tony Wheatley of Constitutional Kentucky, invoking Benjamin Franklin, said, “We have a republic, if we can keep it.” Calling on the crowd to recognize their ownership of the Constitution, he called legal hurdles making it harder to protest corruption.

Pastor Cliff Christman said that law isn’t relative, and to understand the country’s laws, one should understand Biblical law.

“This has been one of the biggest shams in world history,” Christman said. “Grown men have been hiding in (their) homes nearly wetting their pants over this invisible enemy that nobody sees. Where is it at? Let it come out and face us. I serve the one true and living God who conquers all enemies. Why should we give our freedom and our liberties up for such fear (and) propaganda and all the garbage that is coming out of Frankfort today?”