Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

A man and a woman demonstrate dining under a plastic shield in a Paris restaurant on Wednesday, May 27, 2020. As restaurants in food-loving France prepare to reopen, some are investing in lampshade-like plastic shields to protect diners from the virus.

Get_Smart-Cone-of-silence.jpg

• Like 6

7 food, beverage servers test positive for COVID-19 in county

Seven food and beverage servers at several unnamed establishments in Kenosha County have tested positive for COVID-19, the county’s health officer said.

“This is sort of the scenario that public health was afraid of,” said Jen Freiheit. “If you have one bartender that maybe came in touch with 300 people on a night shift, those are 300 people that we would like to contact trace.

“It is very difficult, obviously, to be able to get a list of all 300 people that visited that particular establishment that night.”

The news was shared by Freiheit during her weekly COVID-19 public address on Wednesday, during which she also announced:

The county is conducting several new facility outbreak investigations, required when there are two or more positive cases within a building or workplace.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 3

23 hours ago, China said:

7 food, beverage servers test positive for COVID-19 in county

Seven food and beverage servers at several unnamed establishments in Kenosha County have tested positive for COVID-19, the county’s health officer said.

“This is sort of the scenario that public health was afraid of,” said Jen Freiheit. “If you have one bartender that maybe came in touch with 300 people on a night shift, those are 300 people that we would like to contact trace.

“It is very difficult, obviously, to be able to get a list of all 300 people that visited that particular establishment that night.”

The news was shared by Freiheit during her weekly COVID-19 public address on Wednesday, during which she also announced:

The county is conducting several new facility outbreak investigations, required when there are two or more positive cases within a building or workplace.

Click on the link for the full article

Don't we take this chance when we get Delivery or drive-thru?

Edited by skinfan2k
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

Don't we take this chance when we get Delivery or drive-thru?

For sure. It all depends on how seriously the service workers at a location are taking precautions. But, if the bartender is within close proximity of a lot of people for a long time, it's more likely to spread that way if he isn't wearing a mask. 

Edited by Hersh
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Hard to open back up the economy with race riots and curfews...

Was just thinking, we're gonna be told that the sucky economy from now till the elections is caused by the moocher class demanding free stuff.  

5 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

kavanuagh

Kavanaugh attended Georgetown Prep, Yale University, and Yale Law School

Exhibit One against the argument that high quality education develops morals, values and ethics.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i bet buzz retires and he and buzzette drive their new MUET (massive urban escape transport) up to my old home turf of alaska and live the free life, isolated from others and off the grid

I've often thought about buying a rural place miles from folks and retiring there. But I don't know if I would want to spend that much time in my own company.

• Like 2