Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

Musk created his own problems with his rants. Instead of presenting the success of his factory overseas and how they are going to use the same playbook here, he goes on crazy ****ing rants. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Texas topped 1,000 new coronavirus cases for the fifth consecutive day Tuesday as Gov. Greg Abbott continued to defend his business reopening plan from political opponents who said he was acting too quickly.......

.....Although Texas has yet to see a 14-day decline in COVID-19 cases, an Abbott spokesman pointed to the state’s low rate of infection — positive tests as a percentage of total tests — which the White House plan says can be substituted for declining cases.

https://www.statesman.com/news/20200512/texas-counts-1000-new-coronavirus-cases-for-5th-straight-day?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=statesman&fbclid=IwAR22RRi33TAZhb3_oqLWzhlMQyd9R0teDZQFKtrlMJOYegUaMPGarK_37Dk

You are trying so hard to prove that you are correct and that we are wrong despite how little evidence you have of either.

The tweet doesn’t say what the news article says it does.  There is nothing to prove. It is a set of facts that the media has decided to spin. He posted a picture of an ice cream dish that came from Boca. That’s all he said. You can read his tweets. The media filled in the blanks they way they wanted to. They created his intent. That’s creating a narrative

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84
  • Haha 1

I sympathize with Musk and other businesses who rely on a physical prescence in the workplace  and probably have had close to zero revenue coming in because of that.

I'm work for a medical device manufacturer (but considered non-essential) and actually wondering how much longer my company can keep this going.  if it gets extended beyond end of May, all bets are off.  But with everything shut down, I don't think many are hiring, at least not around here. So I may have to move out of state.

its too bad some sort of compromise could not be reached.  its easy for the majority of workers and Google, Facebook, etc. to work from home.   But you can't run assembly lines from home.

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

Really makes you think

Hide contents

that this guy is a dumbass

See. I knew doctors were full of crap.  I mean my primary has been telling me to eat healthier and exercise more.  Does she know exactly what position I'm in while lifting weights and exactly how many times I gulp down fried food in a week?  Whew!  Crisis averted!  Lightspeed to Popeye's!

38 minutes ago, DCSaints_fan said:

I sympathize with Musk and other businesses who rely on a physical prescence in the workplace  and probably have had close to zero revenue coming in because of that.

I'm work for a medical device manufacturer (but considered non-essential) and actually wondering how much longer my company can keep this going.  if it gets extended beyond end of May, all bets are off.  But with everything shut down, I don't think many are hiring, at least not around here. So I may have to move out of state.

its too bad some sort of compromise could not be reached.  its easy for the majority of workers and Google, Facebook, etc. to work from home.   But you can't run assembly lines from home.

I don’t, really.

Tesla doesn’t NEED to stay open for production. Our leaders, nationally and locally have mostly failed us. They have done nothing to help workers and people in need aside from a one time payment that will likely fall short of paying people’s rents, groceries, etc. We the people are basically on our own. People feel indebted to come in to work, where they may get sick, because the only other option is to starve.

There is no NEED for Tesla to be building cars right now. Musk is a giant dickhead.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2020 at 12:00 PM, Corcaigh said:

" Larry Teague faces additional charges of violating Gov. Gretchen Whitmer’s executive order mandating all customers and employees wear face coverings inside retail stores. "

Although I think the premeditated murder charge might be more serious?

Michigan Braced for Lockdown Protest Amid Violence Fears

Protesters are set to stage another anti-lockdown demonstration on the steps of Michigan's state capitol building, just days after social media posts promoting violence against Gov. Gretchen Whitmer were uncovered.

The rally, organized by the group Michigan United for Liberty, is set to take place on May 14 at the Capitol building in Lansing.

"The legislators continue to play scheduling games with us, so we will be there whether they are or not, in large numbers," Michigan United for Liberty said.

"We will gather to raise awareness of the many hypocrisies of Governor Gretchen Whitmer, and to give a voice to the voiceless."

The demonstration is one of a number of protests voicing opposition to Whitmer's stay-at-home orders, which she has implemented to help stop the spread of the coronavirus.

At a previous rally on April 30, right-wing militia groups entered the Capitol building armed with assault rifles while lawmakers debated whether the state of emergency should be extended.

Michigan lawmakers and officials have now expressed concerns that these rallies could descend into violence after it was revealed several Facebook groups have been removed for discussing killing Whitmer.

"We haven't had any bloodshed yet, but the populous is counting to three, and the other day was two," one member wrote in the Michiganders Against Excessive Quarantine group. "Next comes watering the tree of liberty with the blood of tyrants."

In a group called People of Michigan vs. Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, one man wrote: "We need a good old fashioned lynch mob to storm the Capitol, drag her tyrannical ass out onto the street and string her up as our forefathers would have."

Another male added: "Can we please just take up a collection for an assassin to put that woman from Michigan down." One other also asked: "Wonder how long till she's hit with a shotgun blast."

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 1