Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

11 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

We probably shouldn’t let ourselves get too hung up on “one-day totals”.

No, but if you look, daily deaths aren't predicted to peak until June 8th in Florida, with infections estimated not to peak until 10 days from now.  I thought the recommendations were not to re-open the economy until we had downward trends, not upward ones.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/florida

• Like 2

Projected peak for coronavirus in Illinois now mid-June, says Gov. J.B. Pritzker, who’s now confined to his home after senior staffer tests positive for COVID-19

The Chicago region is not on track to move to the next phase of Gov. J.B. Pritzker’s reopening plan later this month, and models now indicate the state isn’t expected to start coming down from the peak of the coronavirus pandemic until mid-June, Pritzker said Monday.

Delivering the news from his Gold Coast home, where he is isolating after one of his senior staff members tested positive for the disease, Pritzker said the “timeline of plateauing near a peak has been expanded from mid-May into mid-June.”

“In many ways, this news is disheartening," he acknowledged.

In addition, the governor said northeastern Illinois is not yet on pace to move to the next phase of his plan due to the high rate of positive tests for the virus. That could keep the city and suburbs under the present restrictions of Pritzker’s stay-at-home order for a longer period than the other three regions of Illinois.

Click on the link for the full article

24 minutes ago, China said:

No, but if you look, daily deaths aren't predicted to peak until June 8th in Florida, with infections estimated not to peak until 10 days from now.  I thought the recommendations were not to re-open the economy until we had downward trends, not upward ones.

https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america/florida

If Florida peaks on June 8, that will be be a miracle.

My point was that single-day totals are useless.  

VA deaths:

May 9 - 15

May 10 - 12

May 11 - 11

May 12 - 41

Im not advocating for reopening.

1 hour ago, TryTheBeal! said:

If Florida peaks on June 8, that will be be a miracle.

My point was that single-day totals are useless.  

VA deaths:

May 9 - 15

May 10 - 12

May 11 - 11

May 12 - 41

Im not advocating for reopening.

wuss

• Haha 1

News from the front. 

My manager said that Mother's Day (by the numbers) was the busiest EVER. Ticket times were running 2 hours. Only about 25% of sales were 3rd party delivery, everyone else was picking up so they could drop their mom's lunch off on porches & at least see them through windows. He said he stayed up front & took abuse for 5 hours. (I'm "not available" on Sundays... been there, done that.)😄

^^All of this is why McConnell is pushing to exempt companies from liability for infections caused by on the job contacts. Don't go back to work? Fine, you get dropped from unemployment. Go to work & get sick? Too ****ing bad. Unless you have sick leave to cover your time off, you're not getting paid. Next in line, you're up...

Edited by EmirOfShmo
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I didn't vote for him. Have fun, MD

I was giving this dude props for his handling of the pandemic, but it looks like he has been caught up in the trump trap now. Doing this will make the measures taken since March a complete waste.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I was giving this dude props for his handling of the pandemic, but it looks like he has been caught up in the trump trap now. Doing this will make the measures taken since March a complete waste.

Especially in MoCo/PG County.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LD0506 said:
Idiot at Red Lobster

She is lucky no one really punched her back. I have worked in restaurants and bars and it's like a family. You may get mad at each other but you will also do about anything for each other including defending someone from a fight. Did you see skinny cook dude about to go after her when she swung a second time... LOL  

Also, if you are stupid enough to wait 3 hrs for food (unless you are Ok with it and do not complain), you are an idiot and deserve what you get. After about 30 mins I am either finding somewhere else, or going to the grocery store and make something. We have done that more than once. Nothing against the restaurant. They are doing the best they can. I just do not like to wait. So I don't.....  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Regarding the above incident at Red Lobster, it was screwed up all around:

Dozens Of Red Lobster Patrons Sent Home Without Their Orders

PITTSBURGH (KDKA) – Some Mother’s Day dinners turned into nightmares on Sunday night after dozens of Red Lobster patrons were sent home without their food.

The parking lot of the Red Lobster along with McKnight Road was packed with close 100 people and their cars waiting for their orders.

Many of them did not get the food they paid for.

Some of the people in the parking lot were food delivery drivers trying to keep in contact with their customers.

“I talked to them and said it’s going to take a long time,” said Khalid Alzahlani.

Others were waiting for online orders.

“We’ve been waiting for two hours and 20 minutes and they said there’s no way you can cancel it,” said Ron McAdams. “You can’t cancel it online…”

However, the long wait turned into an outright denial when police arrived and a manager came outside to tell the crowd they wouldn’t be fulfilling any more orders.

Patrons left frustrated and without food.

“I blame Red Lobster,” said John Morrison. “They took way more orders than they could possibly fill. I put mine in at 10:30 this morning.”

It wasn’t just individuals and families losing orders, it was delivery drivers losing time and money.

“You don’t get paid for the lost orders and your time,” said Shanda Welsch.

Click on the link for more

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

They are doing the best they can. I just do not like to wait. So I don't..... 

Me, either. There are too many places to eat in this town to wait unless you really want to eat there. 

But like I posted earlier, it was crazy. We've got an amazing staff, no one walked out. :ols:

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, China said:

Regarding the above incident at Red Lobster, it was screwed up all around:

Dozens Of Red Lobster Patrons Sent Home Without Their Orders

Edit

Even more reason why if the wait is more than 30 mins I am out. But fair enough REed Lobster owns some of it if they paid. They were being told it would take forever so still not smart. And i bet they could have gotten their money back Monday. Either way, still no reason to start hitting people. 

Last but not least and i will move on - Mother's Day is historically the busiest day of the year for restaurants. Think really hard about the "Let's make something for Mom plan". Just sayin'  🙂  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2