Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

1 hour ago, goskins10 said:

They are doing the best they can. I just do not like to wait. So I don't.....  

Fantastic for all the businesses that are at 💯 capacity with a waiting list. From experience, it’s not really a reflection of the quality of the product or service. And people like novelty. So it’s never going to last, no matter how good. 

But I don’t do lineups. That goes for bars, restaurants, movies, etc. Plan B is really Plan A2 anyways 😂

I haven't eaten at one of those places in many years. 

I wouldn't go to a place without reservations available on a weekend anyway. 

You take your mother to that place that is typically busy on the weekend without reservations...You clearly don't love her. Same goes for your wife on Valentine's day. 

• Like 4

So why not do what Mark Cuban proposed.  Test every american every 2 weeks and reopen everything.  You know we already gave out what $4T for bailouts.  That could have been used to purchase tests. use the Production act to make that many tests.  Don't tell me we can't do that.  W

2 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

So why not do what Mark Cuban proposed.  Test every american every 2 weeks and reopen everything.  You know we already gave out what $4T for bailouts.  That could have been used to purchase tests. use the Production act to make that many tests.  Don't tell me we can't do that.  W

We don't have the testing capacity to do that.  To date we've only run 10 million tests in the US.  There are more that 330 million people in the US.  We don't have the tests or reagents or laboratory capacity to run 330 million every 2 weeks.  We could do more if our leaders hadn't failed in ramping up our capacity.

4 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I’m failing to understand what would be the point of posting that picture other than to portray that’s what he was about to eat.

dreaming of an ice cream Sunday? People post pictures of all sorts of things all the time. Believe the narrative you want to believe, though...

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

1 minute ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

kinda but not really is still not really.

Ok well the difference between that and your defense of him is...minimal...but ok. 

5 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Believe the narrative you want to believe, though...

7 hours ago, China said:

We don't have the testing capacity to do that.  To date we've only run 10 million tests in the US.  There are more that 330 million people in the US.  We don't have the tests or reagents or laboratory capacity to run 330 million every 2 weeks.  We could do more if our leaders hadn't failed in ramping up our capacity.

That's fair...but there needs to be more thinking like this rather than "let's stay shut down until things 'settle down' a bit"

The fact is, this is a virus and it isn't going to be eradicated before the country/world needs to re-open. Things can re-open while those who are nervous or uncomfortable delay their participation. Just like before the virus - if someone didn't feel like going to work or going out to eat, they didn't have to. We leave our homes every day risking something, so eventually we are going to have to accept this virus as just another one of the daily risks we decide to take/not take. 

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

That's fair...but there needs to be more thinking like this rather than "let's stay shut down until things 'settle down' a bit"

The fact is, this is a virus and it isn't going to be eradicated before the country/world needs to re-open. Things can re-open while those who are nervous or uncomfortable delay their participation. Just like before the virus - if someone didn't feel like going to work or going out to eat, they didn't have to. We leave our homes every day risking something, so eventually we are going to have to accept this virus as just another one of the daily risks we decide to take/not take. 

The problem here is that we really could improve our capacity and alleviate some of of that risk. Its unnecessary risk that people are trying to avoid and just diving back in is the opposite of that. All people want if for the federal government to use the immense power we give it to help us out in that. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Llevron said:

The problem here is that we really could improve our capacity and alleviate some of of that risk. Its unnecessary risk that people are trying to avoid and just diving back in is the opposite of that. All people want if for the federal government to use the immense power we give it to help us out in that. 

I get it...I don't have a solution obviously, I just like hearing things like what Cuban said. Because, the truth is, we will be dealing with this virus for a while so we need ideas on how to move forward with it being a part of our life. 

32 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

dreaming of an ice cream Sunday? People post pictures of all sorts of things all the time. Believe the narrative you want to believe, though...

Llevron pretty much covered it already.

But I honestly don't care enough to invest in a narrative.  I just think it's okay to call a spade a spade, whether you like them or not.

26 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I get it...I don't have a solution obviously, I just like hearing things like what Cuban said. Because, the truth is, we will be dealing with this virus for a while so we need ideas on how to move forward with it being a part of our life. 

Agree. I dont have a solution either. Nor do I have the data that would help me. There is an organization that is tasked with acquiring, using and distributing that data to benefit us all. And they have said this week that they were successful in that and signaled that they have no further interest in it. I just wish we all could agree that the Feds have alot more they can and should be doing and the conversation starts and stops there until they do. The current leadership wants us to move on so bad that they will kill us to do it. If we dont let them we force their hand. Or atleast thats what I would hope. ****s gonna open up though cause people are dumb and greedy. So we will see what happens. 

16 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

The photo of the ice cream came from Buca, just like Elon said... 

Once you disagree with the narrative the media is selling (and have no doubt, they are selling it), watch out... knives out.

Oh i get it so the media is telling me to buy ice creme from Elon Musk! If nothing else this should be an example of how confirmation bias works both ways. You are trying so hard to prove that you are correct and that we are wrong despite how little evidence you have of either. This is the only reason this conversation is even worth it for me. I give 2 little ****s if he ate ice creme or not, honestly. And I dont really care if you get it. But its amusing to see you wriggle yourself into this little knot to teach the libs on the interwebs a thing or two while you ignore the same **** you are preaching. 

Truth is, there is a little button on twitter you may or may not have knowledge of called a RE-tweet button. The libs use it all the time to share posts they thought were cool. And its crazy easy, so much so that even a conservative could use it. You just press it and voila! You post the same picture you were just eye-ballin' and without all the work of copying it, saving it, and coming off looking like you were claiming it was yours. Crazy how effective it is, really. I know Musk isnt that tech savvy, but if he had just used that instead of going through all the work of making it look like it was an original post, maybe there wouldn't have been confusion. But we cant expect him to know something like that.  

Not that any of this is at all important. And also, now I want a brownie. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 5