Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The "Re-Opening" the Economy Thread

kfrankie

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Why be careful about it?  Any harm in accusing a malevolent jackass of being a russian agent rather than "just" being a stupid malevolent jackass? 

The desirability of not seeing Russian spies under every bed?

A desire for truth?

10 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

Impersonating an authority figure to push your harmful agenda is low.

Yes it is.  But I don't see proof that it's happened in this case.  (Wouldn't surprise me if it was.  I'm just not going to claim it as fact.)  

I'm just gonna narrow it down then, Larry. That "Nurse" is a plant

I come from a family of military, lawyers, and most importantly medical professionals. I have seen plenty of craziness in that realm, but I have never known a nurse that would welcome a flood of patients, making their lives a living hell.

They're not out of a job. They still have money. They can keep their homes. They're doing (in many cases) what theyve long wanted to do... Help people.

"Nurses For Reopening " is fake bull****.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I'm just gonna narrow it down then, Larry. That "Nurse" is a plant

I come from a family of military, lawyers, and most importantly medical professionals. I have seen plenty of craziness in that realm, but I have never known a nurse that would welcome a flood of patients, making their lives a living hell.

They're not out of a job. They still have money. They can keep their homes. They're doing (in many cases) what theyve long wanted to do... Help people.

"Nurses For Reopening " is fake bull****.

What does your family say about taking one person's experience, going from there to assuming that because none of those professionals has explicitly told you that they support reopening, therefore not one of them does, and then going from that to concluding that therefore there isn't a single nurse anywhere who believes that?  :) 

Me, I've only worked with a few nurses.  And one of them recently announced that the government should not perform any clinical testing on new medications.  Because he concludes that clinical testing uses placebos, and therefore it involves giving patients something that is known not to treat their condition, therefore all clinical testing is unethical.  

He expressed this opinion in support of Donald Trump's declaration that we shouldn't require testing chloroquine, to see if it works or is safe, and should just have doctors handing out drugs (that particular drug) without knowing if it works or not.  (You'll never guess who he voted for.)  

Yet in none of that long post, did I see anything addressing the issue at hand, letting the covid floodgates open. I too have seen doctors and nurses quibble over varying methods of treatment, from childhood to now. I have never seen anyone openly welcome anything remotely close to that, nor have I heard it.

It's just not real, man.

Edited by Mr. Sinister
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, No Excuses said:

I'm open to any suggestion. Not interested in rifles but a handgun for myself and my wife is what I'm thinking.

A lot of it will depend on what exactly you want it for and experience.  PM me if you have any questions or anything. 

3 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

if **** hits the fan, I'm hopping in my car with my family and driving straight for Toronto.

Same here. Already looking into it, just so if it indeed hits. I don't have to scramble and find the necessary documents/cash.  Everything will already  be prepared. Just gotta pack. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Barry.Randolphe said:

if **** hits the fan, I'm hopping in my car with my family and driving straight for Toronto.

If they re-open the border:

The Canada-U.S. border could be closed for another month

OTTAWA -- Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the current talks underway to extend the Canada-U.S. border restrictions prohibiting all non-essential travel across the border for another month are “going well,” and now’s not the time to talk about terms of loosening the cross-border shutdown.

Last month, Canada and the United States agreed to extend the closure for at least another month. That agreement is set to expire on May 21.

Canada is now looking to see that extended, even as parts of both countries begin gradually reopening. Federal officials are in discussion with Homeland Security about putting off the loosening of cross-border travel restrictions to June 21.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Y'all really think Canada is going to let Americans in? Good luck with that LMFAO.

Might be harder for you gringos to cross.

Just gonna tearfully tell them I'm fleeing all the trumpets that don't want me in their country anymore. They might send me a chopper.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Something you want to say to me?

Are you an American?

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

For their own or against their own?

That’s what this boils down to.  

You may need to fight your own to save your own.

• Like 2