Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Update - 3/11/21 - America Rescue Plan Bill is signed!

goskins10

9 minutes ago, clietas said:

So if I filed for 2018 but not 2019 yet I won't gets me a gubment checks with Daddy Warbucks sig until I file for 2019?

No. They will use your 2018 tax information - including dependents - to determine how much you get. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, clietas said:

So if I filed for 2018 but not 2019 yet I won't gets me a gubment checks with Daddy Warbucks sig until I file for 2019?

If you filed a 2018 with a direct deposit account number with it for your refund, they'll deposit it electronically. If you want it sent to you electronically and didn't fill out that information, you can still do so here (under Non-Filers: Enter Payment here): https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/non-filers-enter-payment-info-here

If you had them send your refunds by check you may have to wait awhile.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

How dare they.  They taking away from the GOP tax cuts.  

Looks like a horrible bill to me.  The cut-off is way to high, imo.  It's $260,000 for couples, then an extra $500 per child up to three kids.  I don't think we will be in this situation for one year, but who knows?  Example, you have a couple where one stays at home with the kid, the other makes $200K per year.  The employed spouse can work remote and gets the same paycheck, basically zero impact on their earnings.  

Now they are going to get $4500 per month extra?  They were fine and living comfortably prior to the bill and the bill would give them free money even though they were not impacted by the current situation.  That money could go towards others that need it more, or help out somewhere else.  I understand that a lot of people need it, and I'm all for helping others, but it seems like this wasn't thought out very well.  I think it needs more checks and balances.  

And yes, my family would qualify for an extra $4500 per month.  And yes, we are both blessed that we can work from home and our pay is not impacted.  But if I'm being perfectly honest, this reeks of potential political gain from one party during an election year and doesn't seem to be a good bill.  Just giving out money to those that don't need it is a waste, imo.  

• Like 2

Hey, Taze...I love you bro, but keep deets inside. 

We all need to. Just my opinion. 

We've been together for years for a team. 

We shouldn't let anything divide us now. 

To clarify: we should all be together, not divided by who got what. It's not going to matter long term. 

Edited by skinsmarydu

5 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Hey, Taze...I love you bro, but keep deets inside. 

We all need to. Just my opinion. 

We've been together for years for a team. 

We shouldn't let anything divide us now. 

To clarify: we should all be together, not divided by who got what. It's not going to matter long term. 

I'm just saying that it's not well thought out.  I'm 100% for something that helps people that need it.  I think it's a waste of money to just give it to those that don't need it.  I'd rather see a stimulus bill that is geared towards helping those that lost their jobs and can't work for home, are on the front lines (grocery/retail workers, restaurant workers, healthcare,etc.).

• Like 3

6 hours ago, MisterPinstripe said:

How the hell are we supposed to afford 2k per month to people? We cant just print money or have people decided are debt is insane so lets just keep racking it up?

Yes

You can do that when you have a 21 trillion dollar economy to leverage (and manage) and 330 million people to preside over

but yeah for average household of 4 it would be a silly tactic. 

6 hours ago, The Evil Genius said:

That said, the IRS shouldn't be promoting a check you status tool that is broken to start.

This is government work

did you not follow the ACA rollout?

they suck at petty much everything and almost in every way 

Edited by tshile

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Looks like a horrible bill to me.  The cut-off is way to high, imo.  It's $260,000 for couples, then an extra $500 per child up to three kids.  I don't think we will be in this situation for one year, but who knows?  Example, you have a couple where one stays at home with the kid, the other makes $200K per year.  The employed spouse can work remote and gets the same paycheck, basically zero impact on their earnings.  

Now they are going to get $4500 per month extra?  They were fine and living comfortably prior to the bill and the bill would give them free money even though they were not impacted by the current situation.  That money could go towards others that need it more, or help out somewhere else.  I understand that a lot of people need it, and I'm all for helping others, but it seems like this wasn't thought out very well.  I think it needs more checks and balances.  

And yes, my family would qualify for an extra $4500 per month.  And yes, we are both blessed that we can work from home and our pay is not impacted.  But if I'm being perfectly honest, this reeks of potential political gain from one party during an election year and doesn't seem to be a good bill.  Just giving out money to those that don't need it is a waste, imo.  

you’re making an awful lot of assumptions about an awful lot of people that don’t seem to be true according to available data. 

yes, higher salary is significantly more likely to be able to work remotely. But even in that subject you jumped too far out on the ledge. 

I don’t need the money and I’m just under the cap. But I’m gonna spend the **** out of it because that’s my job to help the economic ****hole we’re about to fall into. 

I know a lot of people around my income and many higher. Not one of them is in my position. They all need it. 

we need calm and buy-In in staying home to save this from getting worse. Your assumptions are dangerous. 

Edited by tshile

4 minutes ago, tshile said:

you’re making an awful lot of assumptions about an awful lot of people that don’t seem to be true according to available data. 

yes, higher salary is significantly more likely to be able to work remotely. But even in that subject you jumped too far out on the ledge. 

I don’t need the money and I’m just under the cap. But I’m gonna spend the **** out of it because that’s my job to help the economic ****hole we’re about to fall into. 

I know a lot of people around my income and many higher. Not one of them is in my position. They all need it. 

we need calm and buy-In in staying home to save this from getting worse. Your assumptions are dangerous. 

Read my second reply.  If you don't need it, wouldn't you want it to go to those that do?  I do.  Could I use an extra $4500 per month, of course.  Would I rather I not qualify for it and it go to others that need it?  Absolutely.  Looking at the bill, it's not a good one, regardless of which side you lean.  I'd rather the bill help out those in need than those that are not impacted and the difference in those funds go towards helping out in other ways.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tshile said:

Bingo.  This isn’t an unemployment check and Republicans didn’t suddenly start caring about the poor.  This is about injecting the economy with cash.  Thus my question about reel or rod and reel.  

I plan on helping the companies I love the most... those that sell me unreasonable amounts of fishing tackle. Also, I’m trying not to give Amazon any of it.  The corona virus has helped them enough already.

• Like 1

Just now, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Read my second reply.  If you don't need it, wouldn't you want it to go to those that do?  I do.  Could I use an extra $4500 per month, of course.  Would I rather I not qualify for it and it go to others that need it?  Absolutely.  Looking at the bill, it's not a good one, regardless of which side you lean.  I'd rather the bill help out those in need than those that are not impacted and the difference in those funds go towards helping out in other ways.  

You need to stop thinking everyone of a certain income is of a certain situation

its good you don’t need it right now. It’s good I don’t either. 

but when you have to come up with a set of rules that gets a lot of money to as many of the right people as possible as fast as possible your level of detailed evaluation is impossible. 

I could see that level of evaluation for money handed out I June. And they better start those evaluations now. 

but our government is slow and incompetent. So they won’t. So this type of plan is what’s needed. 

I’d be in favor of no caps. Or maybe a cap at 1+ mil a year. I’m not even thrilled at that. The assumptions you’re making are dangerous on a national scale and I take them seriously so I don’t know where the line should be drawn for immediate cash injections. 

just be glad it’s less money going to corporations. 

11 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Different economic brackets will spend money on different sectors of the economy. 

Disposable income for higher earners could mean money they can pump into home repair, non-essential retail etc. That means jobs and money for people who may go unemployed otherwise. For instance, I sent my hair stylist money for my next five appointments to help her stay afloat since she runs her own small salon.

Something like 70% of the employers laying off employees say they will rehire people if there is consumer demand. This is unlike other depressions where the financial collapse isn’t due to structural issues. Keeping the economy afloat by pumping money can prevent it from becoming a totally hopeless situation. The more we do now, the better we are positioned to get back to normal when we can confidently go out again and get back to pre-pandemic life. 

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1