Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

6 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Marry Poppins 2? It's called Bedknobs and Broomsticks you damn heathens. 🤣

Tho yeah it's release was delayed because of the similarities. 

Fwiw it's actually called Mary Poppins Returns and the role was supposed to be for Julie Andrews in the sequel. She declined and Angela Lansbury stepped up. 

Edited by The Evil Genius
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

If you had $550 that you had to spend on "office technology" what would you get?

What do you already have?  I’m assuming you’ve already got a sweet 2nd monitor. 

If you’ve got that I’d throw it towards a pretty nice chair. Won’t cover all it but it’ll make a good dent. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

If you’ve got that I’d throw it towards a pretty nice chair. Won’t cover all it but it’ll make a good dent. 

I found that a 3rd monitor is really where its at.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

7 minutes ago, The Almighty Buzz said:

I found that a 3rd monitor is really where its at.

Good question. 

Just as background, I get a $1000 "technology budget" every year at work.  If I don't use it, I lose it.  Last year I got a new iPad and i forget what else.  This year I got my daughter an iPad (don't tell my work) and have $550 left.  

I actually have 2 home offices, my "nice" office which is inside, and my garage office where I work when it's nice out.  In the nice office I have two nice 27" Samsung monitors.  In the garage I have one 36" monitor (plus a 75" TV).  So I'm set on monitors at home.  I also have a scanner/printer.  High end wireless keyboards and mouse.  Camera and microphone. 

The monitors in my office office are garbage and since my eyes suck, I don't have enough real estate to blow up documents large enough to read.  I was going to use the $550 to cover most of a 49" curved monitor, then my IT department told me I couldn't for some bull**** reasons and, long story short, (1) IT people shouldn't argue with lawyers and (2) I get the monitor AND they are paying for it.  

So now I have the $550 left.  

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I don’t know what brand chair i have. It looks like this. 

I see stains, bruh, upgrade that ****

PS: if anyone hasn't enabled blue-light filter on their work laptops, I highly advise it, adds up (i do it for my personal phone and tablet as well)...

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1