Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

5 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

Without a cup holder? You savage. 

Although that Baylor game last night must have been fun on the 75.

I didn’t even realize it was a Thursday game. I’m sure it’s DVRd, so no spoilers plz. 

And cup holders are for people that put their drink down. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

40 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Haha.  I mentioned that I have a 75" TV in the garage, so it is also my football watching and drink spilling chair. :)

From the number of stains, I'd say you have a drinking problem.

drinking-fail.gif.aabcb2297eb70de01f3e5e4ae689777b.gif

edit: to be clear, your problem is your aim.

Edited by Jabbyrwock
  • Haha 3

This is the chair I bought my wife a couple of months ago. She uses it all the time because she works from home mostly. 

Just about everything is adjustable. The only thing she doesn't like is that it doesn't recline enough for her. The warranty is great. I've already had to call them. When I received the chair, the back was torn, I called them and in no time I had a new back. It was really simple. 

It did take a few weeks to get the chair initially. I think it was because i chose the light blue 

https://www.branchfurniture.com/collections/office-chairs/products/ergonomic-chair

image.jpeg.525367cf0c2826ab80c7939550569561.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

On 5/29/2021 at 6:33 PM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Hipsters love to proclaim their love for the Oxford Comma as if it makes them original and different when all it is is chest thumping that you're educated.

On 5/29/2021 at 8:13 PM, PleaseBlitz said:

The Oxford comma is probably the mainstream approach. It is also old news in terms of nerdy stylistic arguments. Of course, I, an educated person, understand that the Oxford comma is sometimes necessary, sometimes wrong and often optional, and I look down at people who use it (or don’t use it) all the time. 

The trendy stylistic argument is how many spaces to put after a period. The correct answer is two.  Hipsters and @Spaceman Spiffuse one. 

https://cmosshoptalk.com/2020/03/24/one-space-or-two/

Oxford commas are divisive, distracting and unnecessary

Last month, news broke that Thérèse Coffey, the new U.K. health secretary, had instructed staffers at the Department of Health and Social Care and the U.K. Health Security Agency that, if they’re communicating with her, they shouldn’t use Oxford commas.

In the words of an American: It’s about bloody time.

For those who may have unwittingly stumbled onto a grammar column, a brief primer: An Oxford comma is the comma that appears before the word and in a list of three or more things — the comma after white in “red, white, and blue.”

And they’re the downfall of society.

Oxford commas are divisive. These puny punctuation marks inspire rabid supporters and detractors, each unwaveringly convinced that they are superior. Newspapers tend to forgo the Oxford comma (including the Associated Press, whose style guidelines are followed by most American newspapers), but The Inquirer abides by it (much to the chagrin of its resident grammar columnist).

Click on the link for more

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, LD0506 said:

Throwing soup on a painting is an idiotic attempt at a protest

They should be drawn and quartered. 

Apparently, the painting was behind glass (which I read on Twitter, so it has to be true) which means they REALLY weren’t willing to raise the stakes on whatever message they were trying to get across. 

Minds changed: 0

People pissed off: plenty 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I'm on to you mf'rs with these student driver stickers...

Saw one today on a newer BMW truck saying "Student Driver: Caution" 😒

Caution?  Normally it's a request for patience, not an imminent deadly threat warning.  And if you got BMW money, you letting your kids practice in your luxury car? 

So I look in the window and it's some older guy with a white dress shirt on and his cell phone in his hand. :angry:

The audacity to warn me of the dangers of you or someone learning how to drive when you jus another distracted one...nah, who do I file a complaint to about this BS ass phenomenon? NBC4 Investigates?

Ain't no way everyone learning how to drive at the same time, swellin...

see-you-eyes-on-you.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Haha 1