Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I looked for a more appropriate thread for this but didn't see anything. If there is, please let me know.

I don't shop a lot at Target. I'll go for specific sale items or when my wife drags me along with her. But I couldn't pass up this deal. You sign up for their "Red Card" debit card to get $40 off when you buy $40+ on your next purchase. Their debit card ties directly to your checking account & acts like a Target branded debit card. There is no hard credit check so there's no hit to your credit rating. Plus, you get 5% off all Target purchases & free delivery as a Red Card member when you use the card. Bonus: supposedly you can use the discount once for online orders (not pickup) & for in-store purchases making it good for $80 in free stuff. I ordered the card last week, got it Saturday (with the paper coupon) & placed an online order yesterday:

$53.97 - $40.70* +.43(tax) = $13.70. I'll probably go there this week to see if I get $40 free groceries.

*$40 discount + $0.70 5% Red Card discount

Note: make sure it's the debit card you sign up for so there's no credit check; there are items excluded from this; signup by July 23rd; purchases must be made by August 27, 2022; I need to see if my wife can signup using the same checking account.

$40 off $40 at Target w/ new RedCard Debit Card

Target is currently offering a coupon good for $40 off of $40 or more when you open a new Target RedCard until 7/23/22. It isn’t worth doing this deal for the credit card, but it could be a nice deal if you’re opening the debit card since that card has no fee or hard pull — making this a free and easy $40+ win for Target shoppers.

https://frequentmiler.com/50-off-50-at-target-w-new-redcard-debit-card/

• Thumb up 2

1 hour ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Last time I was in a Target (Summer 2021), joint looked like a set piece from Idiocracy.  Inventory strewn everywhere, maybe 2 employees in the whole place, single checkout line 15-20 people deep.

Terrifying.

That's every Walmart, everywhere :rofl89:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Last time I was in a Target (Summer 2021), joint looked like a set piece from Idiocracy.  Inventory strewn everywhere, maybe 2 employees in the whole place, single checkout line 15-20 people deep.

Terrifying.

Sir, that was a Wendy's. 

• Haha 3

On 6/27/2022 at 10:26 AM, Spaceman Spiff said:

Since no one asked, here's one thing I hate.  

I hate most stock photography, but there's one theme in stock photography I've noticed over the years that I find particularly irksome.  You typically find these photos in pamphlets and advertisements at banks and mortgage lenders; it is the brand new happy home owners that are sitting around their freshly purchased home with boxes casually strewn about and looking like they're having the time of their lives moving in.  

Moving into a new house can be exciting, sure.  But it's also stressful as ****.  

happy-people-moving-into-new-house-or-ho

Who pushes their dopey kid around the floor like that?  Nobody.

stock-photo-home-people-moving-and-real-

Get ****ed.

happy-husband-lifting-excited-wife-celeb

He's really about to throw her out the window.

happy-couple-moving-home-resting-260nw-1

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING THERE ARE NO BREAKS WHEN YOU MOVE INTO A HOUSE

joyful-couple-moving-house-packing-plant

No one's this happy and no one's this well dressed.  Everyone moving in is a giant, sweaty mess.  The only thing happy is that plant to be released from the box that you've been holding him captive in you assholes.

funny-moving-house-couple-empty-boxes-he

I don't even ****ing know.

Alright, now you’ve got 10 minutes of your stand off special figures out. Just need 50 more minutes of material and I’ll see you on Netflix.

• Haha 1

On all that is holy, if my A/C is out of freon, I'm gonna freak out...I'm fairly sure mine had the old kind.  Air is coming out cool, but not the ice cold I'm used to.  It's been running for an hour and hasn't dropped a single degree.  (Yes, I turn it up when I'm out for hours at work, but start bringing it down when I get home, then go full on COLD at bedtime & it usually won't start again until about noon next day.  My A/C dude says that's ok, or I wouldn't.)  I turned the whole system off for a few minutes, gonna test it again & see what happens.  :kickcan:

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, skinsmarydu said:

On all that is holy, if my A/C is out of freon, I'm gonna freak out...I'm fairly sure mine had the old kind.  

The old freon is still around. It's just more expensive now since it has to be recycled basically. I'm not sure how many hvac service companies still do that unfortunately. I'll probably find soon as the one in my house is about twenty years old. 

AC at my folks house was out last weekend for a few days. Theirs uses the old freon as well. My mom was freaking out that she'd have to replace the HVACs. Apparently a friend of hers was sold new units under the guise of the old freon isn't sold anymore so you'll have to install new ones. 🤨

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

The old freon is still around. It's just more expensive now since it has to be recycled basically. I'm not sure how many hvac service companies still do that unfortunately. I'll probably find soon as the one in my house is about twenty years old. 

AC at my folks house was out last weekend for a few days. Theirs uses the old freon as well. My mom was freaking out that she'd have to replace the HVACs. Apparently a friend of hers was sold new units under the guise of the old freon isn't sold anymore so you'll have to install new ones. 🤨

Yep, it apparently just needed a reboot.  I've heard those commercials here about the new stuff, my HVAC guy says I'm fine (he installed it, and installed the one in my old home decades ago, so I trust what he tells me.)

When I tell my bosses these things (cool the restaurant at night when it costs the least), they look at me like I have 18 heads.  (Our maintenance man put a new thermometer in a cooler and I asked, "Did you calibrate it first?"  Got that same extra head look with a "Calibrate it????"  )    It's easy.  You stick it in a cup of ice water and it should read 32-35 degrees.  I've known this since I was 17 with my first job in a Bonanza steakhouse as the salad bar girl.  Jeez.  :rolleyes:

:807:

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Die Hard said:

The GOP Sewer thread is zonked. It’s freezing up my Safari browser on my IPhone and IPad. I rebooted both devices to no avail.

Anyone else have that problem?

Having Apple devices in the first place? Nah, can't say I have that problem at all? : )

*fa real, tested in Chrome and Dolphin on Android without issue, could jus be Safari having problems with something in the thread, try Chrome on either of your Apple devices to help confirm its jus a Safari issue, imo

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Having Apple devices in the first place? Nah, can't say I have that problem at all? : )

*fa real, tested in Chrome and Dolphin on Android without issue, could jus be Safari having problems with something in the thread, try Chrome on either of your Apple devices to help confirm its jus a Safari issue, imo

Just downloaded/installed Google Chrome. Same issue.

16 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Pickleball is really fun, and having a tennis background I'm picking it up pretty quick. The wife is struggling a bit though.

It’s getting pretty popular… and growing in younger demographics. It’ll probably be an Olympic sport soon enough.

A background in racquet sports certainly helps the learning curve. 🙂

20 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

On all that is holy, if my A/C is out of freon, I'm gonna freak out...I'm fairly sure mine had the old kind.  Air is coming out cool, but not the ice cold I'm used to.  It's been running for an hour and hasn't dropped a single degree.  (Yes, I turn it up when I'm out for hours at work, but start bringing it down when I get home, then go full on COLD at bedtime & it usually won't start again until about noon next day.  My A/C dude says that's ok, or I wouldn't.)  I turned the whole system off for a few minutes, gonna test it again & see what happens.  :kickcan:

If it’s low on Freon it’s cause there’s a leak….