Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

I don't blame anyone for eventually getting their fill of their house being full of people, especially introverts trying to extrovert.

But I find it fascinating my oldest daughter and I seem to be getting that feeling simultaneously more then once now.

She'll jus get fussy and folks can't figure it out, then I jus take her to the basement or in the back deck by ourselves and jus reboot for a second.

It's some of the most at peace moments I have in my life right now, really hard to describe.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I don't blame anyone for eventually getting their fill of their house being full of people, especially introverts trying to extrovert.

But I find it fascinating my oldest daughter and I seem to be getting that feeling simultaneously more then once now.

She'll jus get fussy and folks can't figure it out, then I jus take her to the basement or in the back deck by ourselves and jus reboot for a second.

It's some of the most at peace moments I have in my life right now, really hard to describe.

I was close with my dad that way...his government job had a toll-free number, and we would talk almost every day until he retired.  Enjoy those moments. 

• Thumb up 1

Since no one asked, here's one thing I hate.  

I hate most stock photography, but there's one theme in stock photography I've noticed over the years that I find particularly irksome.  You typically find these photos in pamphlets and advertisements at banks and mortgage lenders; it is the brand new happy home owners that are sitting around their freshly purchased home with boxes casually strewn about and looking like they're having the time of their lives moving in.  

Moving into a new house can be exciting, sure.  But it's also stressful as ****.  

happy-people-moving-into-new-house-or-ho

Who pushes their dopey kid around the floor like that?  Nobody.

stock-photo-home-people-moving-and-real-

Get ****ed.

happy-husband-lifting-excited-wife-celeb

He's really about to throw her out the window.

happy-couple-moving-home-resting-260nw-1

WHAT THE **** ARE YOU DOING THERE ARE NO BREAKS WHEN YOU MOVE INTO A HOUSE

joyful-couple-moving-house-packing-plant

No one's this happy and no one's this well dressed.  Everyone moving in is a giant, sweaty mess.  The only thing happy is that plant to be released from the box that you've been holding him captive in you assholes.

funny-moving-house-couple-empty-boxes-he

I don't even ****ing know.

• Haha 13
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Pulled into the grocery store today, in the spot directly across from me there was a woman who looked quite upset sitting in the passenger seat of an SUV.  Standing next to her was her bf/husband who was giving her the business.  Like, really agitated, raised voice.  Didn't quite hear what he was saying, tried not to stare.  Didn't see him hit her, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it went that way.  He looked like he could be the type.

Grabbed a couple things from inside the store, wasn't in there for more than 5 minutes.  Came back out, they were still there.  He was sitting in the drivers seat this time, she was still looking upset.  

Called the cops, told them what I saw.  Gave them the license plate number.  :( 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Pulled into the grocery store today, in the spot directly across from me there was a woman who looked quite upset sitting in the passenger seat of an SUV.  Standing next to her was her bf/husband who was giving her the business.  Like, really agitated, raised voice.  Didn't quite hear what he was saying, tried not to stare.  Didn't see him hit her, but I wouldn't have been surprised if it went that way.  He looked like he could be the type.

Grabbed a couple things from inside the store, wasn't in there for more than 5 minutes.  Came back out, they were still there.  He was sitting in the drivers seat this time, she was still looking upset.  

Called the cops, told them what I saw.  Gave them the license plate number.  :( 

OK, but did you put your cart back in the cart corral?

• Haha 9

Wife got Covid. She’s wearing a mask in our house and she’s not feeling well. I don’t think she should wear the mask. She started feeling bad 3 days ago and tested negative the last two days. Tested positive today and she’s wearing it. She said she doesn’t want to pass it to me, but I think I’ll get it or not regardless of whether or not she’s using the mask today. She should just try to make herself comfortable.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The ****?  I thought you always loved me.  

I hate everyone by default

(kidding you’re right :( )

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Wife got Covid. She’s wearing a mask in our house and she’s not feeling well. I don’t think she should wear the mask. She started feeling bad 3 days ago and tested negative the last two days. Tested positive today and she’s wearing it. She said she doesn’t want to pass it to me, but I think I’ll get it or not regardless of whether or not she’s using the mask today. She should just try to make herself comfortable.

i realize we live in at a time where people believe whatever they want but…

she should wear her mask until 24 hours after symptoms subside, so long as you’re both vaccinated. 

My wife was/is very involved in the Covid thing. It’s what she preaches. It’s what we practice. And us and everyone else who has practiced it had limited the disease and not spread it to anyone else in the household

good luck to both of you, either way!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

31 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Hope your wife makes it through ok.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Yeah, we are both vaccinated and have one booster, but that was last November. 

She refuses to remove the mask, so I guess I'm fine with that. 

Thanks @tshile

My son and I caught COVID back in May. Same deal, we had been unmasked at home (obviously) for a while before we were officially diagnosed. Masked up and quarantined ourselves for 5 days and my wife was able to avoid catching it.

It's annoying, but masking up and quarantining as best you can at home is the right call.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well.   Now I can’t brag about my new job in my friends chat cause one keeps hearing no and the other was just told he’s out of a job in a month. 

so. it goes here now. 

They asked me to send a list of equipment I need today :) 

• Thumb up 2