Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

10 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

****, those extended warranty scammers kill me. Like a thousand different numbers

The absolute worst.  Last week I got one from a local number, of course I picked up and I was pissed off about it.

My untested theory is that if you pick up their calls, they call you more.  I normally try not to pick up numbers I don't recognize but work makes that hard.  Anyway, maybe it's just me but I notice that if I get got with one of those calls, I get them more aggressively.  

39 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

The absolute worst.  Last week I got one from a local number, of course I picked up and I was pissed off about it.

My untested theory is that if you pick up their calls, they call you more.  I normally try not to pick up numbers I don't recognize but work makes that hard.  Anyway, maybe it's just me but I notice that if I get got with one of those calls, I get them more aggressively.  

We get these all the time. I just got one about 'suspicious activity on your Amazon account. Press 1 to speak to somebody'. I always use the Arnold soundboard to respond. I like it when I can get past the first asshole to their 'supervisor'. Yeah, I need a life...

https://peal.io/soundboards/arnold-schwarzenegger

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Is Boiler Room iconic?  Or is it trying to be Wall Street and Glengarry Glen Ross mixed together and not holding up well 20 years later?

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm giving PB ****.  It's a good movie.  If you like Wall Street, you'll like Boiler Room.  Young Gio Ribisi, young Ben Affleck, young Vin Diesel and a young smokin hot Nia Long.

17 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I agree.  Ribisi is believable in that role.  Ben Affleck does his best sales rant in an attempt to match Glengarry Glen Ross.  It's a fun movie.

Use of the term iconic was, of course, tongue in cheek.  It's a great niche film, not quite cult movie status.  It was, obviously and conspicuously, trying to be Glengary Glen Ross for the 2000s.  Ben Affleck's role was exactly trying to be Alec Baldwin's; he shows up briefly, delivers an amazing sales speech to the newbies/failing sales guys, talks about how rich he is and the car he drives, and then leaves.  It's amazing.  

Spoiler

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

What happened to Ribisi? Fairly big  B.5 list actor of the 90's-early '00s. Then poof

Scientology got him.

5 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Use of the term iconic was, of course, tongue in cheek.  It's a great niche film, not quite cult movie status.  It was, obviously and conspicuously, trying to be Glengary Glen Ross for the 2000s.  Ben Affleck's role was exactly trying to be Alec Baldwin's; he shows up briefly, delivers an amazing sales speech to the newbies/failing sales guys, talks about how rich he is and the car he drives, and then leaves.  It's amazing.  

Hide contents

I love, love, love...how when Affleck walks in, he very politely tells the kid in his seat that it's his seat.  And you think for a split second "Ah, seems like he could be a nice guy."

And then the rampage starts.

• Haha 1

****, I see "Jango" and "Boba" trending on twitter 

Could've watched Mando in my usual time slot last week, but nah, I decided to help my co-worker move into her new house. 🤡

Now I'm gonna be preoccupied by... Something that's happening tonight, and tomorrow my nephew comes over. Before long it will be Friday. Gonna **** around and miss this week too, and that will be the point of no return

6 hours ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

Not to advertise for them or anything...but there are people developing AI's to chat with telemarketers for you (e.g. Jolly Roger).

• Like 1