Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Random Thought Thread Vol 2---Read OP For Thread Rules

Jumbo

1 hour ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I’ll hit you up tomorrow.  Just had a dog emergency.  Basically looking for a source for high resolution images to make vinyl prints and/or cutouts.  Maybe 4-5ft square-ish.

This is where I get them. Res maybe isn't so high on some but images are usually huge. Account is free, lets you pull in full images and they are all cleared for public use.
https://www.dvidshub.net/

Good luck with your pet. Hope he's OK

~Bang

23 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

We get these all the time. I just got one about 'suspicious activity on your Amazon account. Press 1 to speak to somebody'. I always use the Arnold soundboard to respond. I like it when I can get past the first asshole to their 'supervisor'. Yeah, I need a life...

https://peal.io/soundboards/arnold-schwarzenegger

Lmaaaaaoooooo sure enough, got a call this morning and used the Arnold soundboard.  They hung up real quick :ols:

• Haha 3

The Doors were loaded.  Ray Manzarek is the ultimate keyboard player, IMO.  Krieger and Densmore were badasses.  Morrison was cutting edge in a psychedelic way, still unmatched, but damn.  The way he's celebrated makes ya think he was a one man band.  Reminds me of the Jimi Hendrix Experience.  Two elite mfs alongside him, he gets all the dap.  All due respect to Morrison and Hendrix.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

The Doors were loaded.  Ray Manzarek is the ultimate keyboard player, IMO.  Krieger and Densmore were badasses.  Morrison was cutting edge in a psychedelic way, still unmatched, but damn.  The way he's celebrated makes ya think he was a one man band.  Reminds me of the Jimi Hendrix Experience.  Two elite mfs alongside him, he gets all the dap.  All due respect to Morrison and Hendrix.

Mitch Mitchell was bad, bad man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

One of the things I'll definitely remember about this suckass pandemic , is my introduction to Twitter as a source of news/entertainment,  where everything seems to spread at FTL. 

Little basterd was always blocked at work, but since working from home, I have been unleashed, and its gonna be tough going back once this is all over.

I feel like Professor X in Cerebro, brain connected to the entire world and ****.

• Haha 2

On 12/5/2020 at 8:07 PM, China said:

And then the nutjobs had to ruin the fun...

Bigot Livestreamers Tore Down the California Monolith in Christ's Name

A young racist foursome, apparently threatened by our lord and savior Zotar, tore down the California monolith and replaced it with a wooden cross last night. As Motherboard first reported, CultureWarCriminal broadcast the triumph on the gamer streaming platform DLive. They tore it down just hours after its discovery was first reported, meaning that they would have heard about it on the internet, immediately assembled the cross, and made the over four-hour drive to the scene. We just can’t have monoliths in this godforsaken nation.

The full five-hour video has since been removed from DLive. In it, one could see the group rotate from bros to military covert ops LARPers, with full camo and combat helmets and, after a painfully long drive to Atascadero, switch to night vision for the hike up Pine Mountain. Upon reaching America’s public enemy, The Monolith, one of the men gives what sounds like a prepared speech. “We don’t want illegal aliens from Mexico or outer space,” he says. “So let’s tear this **** down.” You can still find  a short clip of the action here .

Chanting “Christ is king! Christ is king!” and “America first!”, with some difficulty, they topple the monolith. “This is what I think about pagan cringe!” one announces, as he pounds the cross on the ground. While the stream is filled with racist and homophobic slurs, they also direct their rage at “marketing schemes” and, on Twitter, “art majors.” On the drive, they sing the “Battle Hymn of the Republic” and a nationalist anthem.

Click on the link for the full story

Next...

Monolith appears in Albuquerque, local artist collective takes credit for installations

Another monolith has been spotted and this time it’s in Albuquerque. Mayor Tim Keller confirmed via Twitter that a monolith popped up near the Pan American Freeway and Montano Road on Monday, Dec. 7.

130583017_1917129658438532_8738262957960

People were flocking to the parking lot behind REI all Monday to get a glimpse and even a selfie of the monolith. The manager of REI said one of his employees saw three people placing the 10-foot monolith behind their store Sunday evening around 5:30 p.m. Unfortunately they don’t have any video or pictures. But the employee told the manager it took the group about 10 to 15 minutes to properly place it so it would be stable.

This comes after the first silver metallic structure mysteriously appeared in Utah then several others around the world including California and Romania. While it is still unknown why these unusual structures are appearing, a New Mexico artist collective is taking credit for them.

The Most Famous Artist art collective out of Santa Fe is selling the creations, “Authentic Alien Monolith” for $45,000 on their website. The works are listed as 10-feet-tall and include delivery and installation.

Click on the link for the full article

And then a day later, because people suck...

Albuquerque monolith vandalized, torn down

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.- The monolith in Albuquerque is gone, for now. It was vandalized and torn down Monday night. 

A video posted online shows several people cheering while the monolith is knocked to the ground.

Albuquerque_monolith_vandalized_torn_dow

Click on the link for the full article

Talked to mom & dad for 5 hours over the phone.  Reminiscing...

Life is flying by man.  Heros of yesteryear getting major shoutouts.  Buddy Burkhead, manager of St. Albans High School Baseball in DC in the 90s, deserves a shoutout.  Has a field named after him in Northwest DC.  Incredible mentor to me and thousands of kids.  Spect on that man's name.  Was the puppet for him in pitching seminars.  Great person.

• Like 3