Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

Kind of weird, but I don't think the story mentions vaccinated/unvaccinated residents at all...

Texas town reeling from COVID-19 outbreaks

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/08/24/texas-town-reeling-covid-19-outbreaks/

A small town in west Texas has shut down both virtual and in-person learning because of a massive coronavirus outbreak.

The entire school district is in quarantine and the local hospital has already reached capacity. In the small oil-field town of Iraan, just about everyone passes by Nancy Beck’s barbecue joint, but recently most of the traffic stopped.

“It’s quiet, the lady across the street, she has it, she’s been flown out, she’s in ICU,” Beck said.

In the span of two weeks, 119 people got tested for COVID-19 at Iraan General Hospital. Fifty tested positive, which is a 42% positivity rate.

Vicky Zapata says her co-worker Carla Balderas and her husband Sammy both got infected.

“This is somebody that I love so much. I know her love for her husband. I tell her, ‘I knew I loved you, but I didn’t know how much I loved you until you went through this.’”

Zapata said Sammy Balderas got sick first, and in a matter of days, he had trouble breathing and was hospitalized.

Carla Balderas quarantined at home with their 9-year-old son as her fever spiked, according to Zapata.

“It breaks my heart that I can’t, you know, open the door and hug her,” she said.

Zapata organized a community prayer outside the couple’s home and streamed it live. Town residents followed along from their cars to be COVID-safe.

“It was a cry of, of mercy to God, for him to have mercy on our town. Like I said, we had had COVID before, but never to this magnitude,” Zapata said.

Sammy Balderas’ condition deteriorated, and Iraan General Hospital doesn’t offer ICU care. Zapata says she started praying for an ICU bed to free up.

“That was hard, but we know that our facility does not have the capability to take care of him,” she said.

When a bed opened up, Sammy Balderas was rolled out on a stretcher and airlifted about 100 miles away to San Angelo, Texas.

At least one Iraan resident has been airlifted out-of-state for care because of the lack of available ICU beds in Texas.

No one knows exactly how the outbreak started.

Edited by Califan007

2 hours ago, Llevron said:

I am starting to feel bad about how stupid these people are and how easy that are to take advantage of. They legit think that immigrants are destroying America and they are losing the majority because of some conspiracy to replace them. But dont understand that they are climbing over each other to kill themselves with horse drugs.  

Its a sad state we find ourselves in as a country 

let’s make more horse drugs. Tons more. 

and whoever wants to eat them can have as many as they want. 

I honestly don’t see the point not care anymore. The sooner these people stop having a say in how society operates the better. 

**** make the horse drugs free. Whatever that costs us in taxes will return gigantic dividends. 

hell just admitting climate change is real will pay back on that investment 10 fold. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

It sounds truly apocalyptic in these places. 

The depth of the insanity is truly disturbing. 

I'm with @tshile
Horse drugs and cow de-wormers free of charge. I really don't see how any of it changes unless the worst happens. Let evolution take it's course. There is no fixing these people. 

~Bang

Edited by Bang
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'm with @tshile
Horse drugs and cow de-wormers free of charge. I really don't see how any of it changes unless the worst happens. Let evolution take it's course. There is no fixing these people. 

~Bang

I'm inclined to agree.  Granted, I don't run into these people often, but I damn sure don't want to because I'll just start throwing things. 

(Pro tip:  do it in a closet where the holes can't be seen.  and limes work well...everything will smell clean and you won't need to look for seeds...that's a pro tip for tea as well).

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Bang said:

I'm with @tshile

~Bang

I’m just saying… we missed the boat with the whole injecting bleach thing. It’s right here in front of us again. We don’t have to tell them it’ll work. In fact we can absolutely put a sign on it that says do not eat. I’m just saying if we made it readily available…

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Kind of weird, but I don't think the story mentions vaccinated/unvaccinated residents at all...

Texas town reeling from COVID-19 outbreaks

https://www.kcbd.com/2021/08/24/texas-town-reeling-covid-19-outbreaks/

A small town in west Texas has shut down both virtual and in-person learning because of a massive coronavirus outbreak.

The entire school district is in quarantine and the local hospital has already reached capacity. In the small oil-field town of Iraan, just about everyone passes by Nancy Beck’s barbecue joint, but recently most of the traffic stopped.

“It’s quiet, the lady across the street, she has it, she’s been flown out, she’s in ICU,” Beck said.

In the span of two weeks, 119 people got tested for COVID-19 at Iraan General Hospital. Fifty tested positive, which is a 42% positivity rate.

Vicky Zapata says her co-worker Carla Balderas and her husband Sammy both got infected.

“This is somebody that I love so much. I know her love for her husband. I tell her, ‘I knew I loved you, but I didn’t know how much I loved you until you went through this.’”

Zapata said Sammy Balderas got sick first, and in a matter of days, he had trouble breathing and was hospitalized.

Carla Balderas quarantined at home with their 9-year-old son as her fever spiked, according to Zapata.

“It breaks my heart that I can’t, you know, open the door and hug her,” she said.

Zapata organized a community prayer outside the couple’s home and streamed it live. Town residents followed along from their cars to be COVID-safe.

“It was a cry of, of mercy to God, for him to have mercy on our town. Like I said, we had had COVID before, but never to this magnitude,” Zapata said.

Sammy Balderas’ condition deteriorated, and Iraan General Hospital doesn’t offer ICU care. Zapata says she started praying for an ICU bed to free up.

“That was hard, but we know that our facility does not have the capability to take care of him,” she said.

When a bed opened up, Sammy Balderas was rolled out on a stretcher and airlifted about 100 miles away to San Angelo, Texas.

At least one Iraan resident has been airlifted out-of-state for care because of the lack of available ICU beds in Texas.

No one knows exactly how the outbreak started.

It doesn't help that Abbott is issuing an executive order banning vaccine mandates.  He got the virus, but could care less about his constituents.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Llevron said:

I am starting to feel bad about how stupid these people are and how easy that are to take advantage of. They legit think that immigrants are destroying America and they are losing the majority because of some conspiracy to replace them. But dont understand that they are climbing over each other to kill themselves with horse drugs.  

Its a sad state we find ourselves in as a country 

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants ****ing idiots.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

27 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood explosive diarrhea and vomiting of patriots and tyrants ****ing idiots.

Given the ivermectin side effects listed by the CDC I've corrected this for you.

• Haha 7

Reddit Moderators Demand The Platform Take Action Against Covid Disinformation

Moderators of some of Reddit’s most popular subreddits published an open letter calling on the company to do more to prevent the dissemination of medical disinformation that they say runs rampant on the platform, demanding Reddit ban message boards they assert “exist solely” to spread coronavirus disinformation and undermine efforts to fight the pandemic.

The open letter states that the disinformation on Reddit “attains an air of legitimacy through sheer volume of repetition,” and that “people begin to believe [it] wholeheartedly.”

Popular subreddits with moderators that signed on to the open letter include r/aww, r/lifeprotips, r/pics, r/showerthoughts, r/tifu and r/UpliftingNews, which each have at least 10 million subscribers, along with hundreds of smaller communities.

Reddit did not immediately respond to a Forbes request for comment. 

Click on the link for the full article

Broward Dad Dan Bauman Arrested In Dispute With Ft. Lauderdale High Student Over Mask Mandate

A Fort Lauderdale father was arrested in front of Ft. Lauderdale High School on Wednesday.

For the fifth time since Broward Schools resumed in-person learning, Dan Bauman, 50, walked his daughter, Isabel, to school. Isabel is a 10th grader in her first year at Ft. Lauderdale High. She has refused to wear a mask and has been turned away each day by the administration.

“First of all, it’s illegal for them to mandate it. It’s against the law, it’s against the Parents Bill of Rights. Our belief is it doesn’t stop the spread of the virus. It doesn’t control it, it does more harm than good,” said Bauman.

“I want to be able to go to school like everyone does but I can’t wear a mask, I can’t breathe in it and I want to have that choice,” said Isabel

On Wednesday, a student approached Bauman and said “I’ve had enough for four days” and attempted to grab his cellphone as he was recording, according to the arrest report.

Bauman pushed the student in the shoulder and then “grabbed her hand and twisted her arm in an aggressive manner,” according to the report.

He was immediately taken into custody and has been charged with aggravated child abuse.

Click on the link for the full article