Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

12 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Thanks for finding this. I can never find stuff. I also said this: 

And i said then that there was more information. 

And I was responding to this that at least for me implied 100%: 

So you stand by your statement that the vaccines do not block the variant (Delta) and that “the vaccinated and unvaccinated are no different except  the vaccinated are veryunlikely to get the original variant.”

That’s your position?  

Also, I'd generally warn against too much doom and gloom with delta.  Obviously, we aren't the same as the UK but their numbers start going up in June and then they appear to have peaked already.  (Though the more recent numbers appear as if they might be going up again and they might be getting to another peak).

Assuming the UK numbers keep going down, a state like LA might only be a month or some behind them.

India sees cases start going up in March and they start to fall by May.

Numbers are going up in LA in early July.  Them starting to fall some time in early Sept or even earlier would be reasonable assuming similar behavior.  And India isn't heavily vaccinated.

(Note, I'm not saying that Covid is going to be gone in states like LA.  Just that the numbers might be back to where they were earlier this summer.

And not saying things aren't bad in places like LA now.  But they might also be approaching the worse conditions.)

Edited by PeterMP

24 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

And I was responding to this that at least for me implied 100%: 

At the time I said that the known information was that they did not need a booster

today they’re hoping the fda will approve a booster for people who are immunocompromised. 

but they said everyone else is fine. 

so nothing has changed except we might get approva for a booster for people with a serious underlying/preexisting condition. 

which, those people are always the caveats. 

and since you have such a hard time with things, elderly and very young are usually always caveats when discussing this sort of thing generally 

you added 100%

You also clearly don’t understand efficacy and the general conversation. 

which can add to your fake victim hood by posts that didn’t say what you claim they said 

ie: fail post across the board 

On 6/30/2021 at 8:56 AM, goskins10 said:

I think some have missed the real issue - there are variants (new strains) to the virus that the vaccine you got does not block. So it's NOT unlikely for you to get a new variant if that variant has proven to get past the vaccine. At that point the vaccinated and unvaccinated are no different except the vaccinated are very unlikely to get the original variant. 

since you want to revisit the past, here’s some other dumb **** you said 

And here’s the grand “yelling at @goskins10” I guess cause it was the end of our discussion (outside of explaining that I was just being matter-of-fact with my posts)

🙄😂

and in this thread he’s cut off conversation with Petermp for making up what he says 😂 

Oh and to avoid this again in six months when the cdc says we all need to get a booster:

it’s been pretty well assumed that we’ll all need boosters eventually. Who, at what point, etc hasn’t been ironed out. 

but even as of today boosters are not recommended. Except supposedly the fda will approve it for immunocompromised people. 

in fact a while ago they were kicking around the idea that you definitely shouldn’t get a booster within 6 months as it may be bad for you (no idea where that went from there)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, tshile said:

since you want to revisit the past, here’s some other dumb **** you said 

I was not going to bother but I will anyway - Yes I said that and then said later you had more information. Unlike you who will never admit to be wrong.  You then stated we were all set against Delta and would not need boosters which was just not true then accused me of spreading misinformation. 

The best part is the entire thing was about wearing masks but as usual people go off in all kinds of different directions on smaller parts of a comment - but fair enough it is what it is.

I stand by what I said - then and now. 

9 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

You then stated we were all set against Delta and would not need boosters which was just not true then accused me of spreading misinformation. 

We (Pfizer and moderna people, generally) still do not need boosters at this time. 

but it has always been discussed that it was likely we would need boosters eventually (and faucci said the same thing today, which isn’t a surprise cause most my info comes from the cdc…)

Edited by tshile

45 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

So you stand by your statement that the vaccines do not block the variant (Delta) and that “the vaccinated and unvaccinated are no different except  the vaccinated are veryunlikely to get the original variant.”

That’s your position?  

No, and said so then. I even said that others had more information. It's interesting that gets ignored. So now that's 4 times I have said it, no more. My point was we should be wearing masks becasue we don't know enough about the variants. That is still true - and the CDC agrees, hence the vaccinated should be wearing masks. 

So as entertaining as this has been - the bottom line is the vaccine right now is showing to be less and less effective against both the original strain and even worse against Delta. So until they release a booster we should be wearing masks in public places. I am ready for the booster as soon as it comes out. 

6 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

My point was we should be wearing masks becasue we don't know enough about the variants. That is still true - and the CDC agrees, hence the vaccinated should be wearing masks. 

The cdc says we should wear masks because we don’t know enough about the variants?

I don’t recall reading that justification in anything they’ve released but maybe I missed it (it happens) 

Is there a link for that?

Edited by tshile

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I’m wondering if I should get a booster soon. I’ve been double vaccinated since 1/29. Coming up on 7 months vaccinated, worrying that my 5G chips won’t protect me from the Delta.

Faucci said today - not at this time

(unless your immunocompromised)

i quit following the lifespan of immunities in April when I got vaccinated (cause I got covid in October and basically every time the immunities lifespan ran out the cdc added another 2-3 months to it, so I followed it closely)

last I checked it was 6 months. But that was from natural exposure not vaccine. 

im sure when they decide they have enough info to make a decision it’ll be broadcast everywhere and you won’t miss it. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I’m wondering if I should get a booster soon. I’ve been double vaccinated since 1/29. Coming up on 7 months vaccinated, worrying that my 5G chips won’t protect me from the Delta.

More and more now Bill Gates is having trouble hearing your conversations, so you are due for the booster.

19 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

More and more now Bill Gates is having trouble hearing your conversations, so you are due for the booster.

Come on. Bill Gates is behind it. 

You're going to need a patch every other week, and a major upgrade every other year. 

And every one of them will make you gain weight, and make you slower. 

• Haha 1

Mississippi Asks for Military Hospital Ship With ICUs, Warns It’s Days From Collapse From COVID Cases

Mississippi has become the latest state to issue an urgent pandemic distress call to the federal government. Public-health official Jim Craig confirmed Wednesday that state leaders have asked the Biden administration to send a U.S. military hospital ship—such as the USNS Comfort—in a last-ditch attempt to prevent the state’s hospital system from falling into a complete collapse. The plea came after the dean of University of Mississippi Medical Center said the facility was treating 127 COVID-19 patients—including 26 children—with 90 percent of patients unvaccinated. Dean LouAnn Woodward warned: “The Mississippi hospital system will fail within the next five to seven or 10 days if the current trajectory continues.”

Click on the link for the full story

• Sad 1

On 8/11/2021 at 12:27 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

As it turns out, Williamson County is home to radio personality and noted anti-vaxxer Phil Valentine.  Phil is currently intubated and clinging to life.

In related news...

Anti-Vax Radio Host Marc Bernier Hospitalized With COVID-19

Right-wing radio host Marc Bernier, who has spoken out at length against the coronavirus vaccine, has been hospitalized with COVID-19.

Click on the link for the full article

11 hours ago, goskins10 said:

As is typical you make random claims without support.

I'm going to suggest that you take a step back and review and reassess what you have been writing and what the people responding to you are actually trying to tell you.

Peter has been one of the most respected and knowledgeable people on ES since it actually WAS extremeskins. In point of fact, he has a PhD in biochemistry and I'm pretty sure he was on the faculty of Princeton at one time (not sure where he teaches now). You might not be aware of this because the times I remember him referencing it were back around when I first joined the board in 2005, and he doesn't generally toot his own horn... recently he was in a discussion with another poster here and when the other guy basically said "neither one of us is a virologist". Peter just agreed that he is not a virologist and moved ahead with the discussion, lol.

That being noted, he is one of the most respected posters on this board precisely BECAUSE he does not make statements without support and can always provide a link (usually to a peer reviewed paper), if he hasn't already provided one, which is common.

Turning to the current issue, your statement (quoted above a couple of times) that being vaccinated is no different than being unvaccinated was (and is, since you appear to be doubling down on it) irresponsible and even dangerous, and it was right to call you on it then, just as it is right to call you on it now.

So, again, I'd suggest you take some time and reflect on the exchanges you've been having, and perhaps review some reliable sources, before continuing in this thread. It's pretty easy to fall into an automatically defensive response when something feels like an attack, but my impression of you is that you are sincere and a good person, so I'm hoping you'll try.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Sympathy level 0.

Conservative NC lawmaker ill, wife hospitalized with COVID

Rep. Keith Kidwell, R-Beaufort has posted on Facebook that his wife Viki is very ill with COVID.

In a post dated Tuesday and updated Thursday, Kidwell writes that his wife is in Beaufort Hospital.

“Thursday morning. They've been able to lower her oxygen a little. She was complaining about the food today, so I guess that means she's improving. Please continue to pray for her," he posted.

"This morning not so good news," an earlier update reads. "They've added a new emergency medicine. Please continue to pray for my love."

On the House floor, Rep. Larry Pittman, R-Cabarrus, relayed a message from Kidwell indicating that Kidwell too was ill: “My fever seems to have gone. Just walking to the bathroom is exhausting. Viki is still not out of the woods.”

Kidwell is the main sponsor of bills that would limit the governor's emergency powers, ban the governor from mandating vaccines by executive order and bar state agencies from requiring the shots for licensing purposes.

In prior Facebook posts, Kidwell has decried “vaccine passports,” employer mandates, mask requirements, and efforts to get more people vaccinated, calling vaccine campaigns “manipulation.”

Kidwell has also reposted stories and posts casting doubt on the danger of COVID and calling into question the safety of the vaccines.

10 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Also, I'd generally warn against too much doom and gloom with delta.  Obviously, we aren't the same as the UK but their numbers start going up in June and then they appear to have peaked already.  (Though the more recent numbers appear as if they might be going up again and they might be getting to another peak).

I don't think that statement is as comforting as you think it is lol...

So we all have bad days. My responses to several comments yesterday were not fair and took this thread in a nonproductive direction. For that I apologise. More specifically I apologise to @PeterMP and @tshile   I still believe I had a decent point to make but I made it poorly at best and then responded worse  I would like to think overall my contributions are positive but you have to own when you mess up and yesterday was not productive. My apologies to all. 

Unrelated to the above I am really worried about both the delta and other potential variants. There are too many in our society who will not get vaccinated or do their part to get us past this pandemic and it's holding the rest of us hostage. I did see where the FDA is about to approve the booster. I did not see details but if true I will be getting it as soon as possible.  

Edited by goskins10
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, China said:

Sympathy level 0.

Conservative NC lawmaker ill, wife hospitalized with COVID

Rep. Keith Kidwell, R-Beaufort has posted on Facebook that his wife Viki is very ill with COVID.

In a post dated Tuesday and updated Thursday, Kidwell writes that his wife is in Beaufort Hospital.

“Thursday morning. They've been able to lower her oxygen a little. She was complaining about the food today, so I guess that means she's improving. Please continue to pray for her," he posted.

"This morning not so good news," an earlier update reads. "They've added a new emergency medicine. Please continue to pray for my love."

On the House floor, Rep. Larry Pittman, R-Cabarrus, relayed a message from Kidwell indicating that Kidwell too was ill: “My fever seems to have gone. Just walking to the bathroom is exhausting. Viki is still not out of the woods.”

Kidwell is the main sponsor of bills that would limit the governor's emergency powers, ban the governor from mandating vaccines by executive order and bar state agencies from requiring the shots for licensing purposes.

In prior Facebook posts, Kidwell has decried “vaccine passports,” employer mandates, mask requirements, and efforts to get more people vaccinated, calling vaccine campaigns “manipulation.”

Kidwell has also reposted stories and posts casting doubt on the danger of COVID and calling into question the safety of the vaccines.

I live in NC amongst these idiots. Can’t believe the number of people in stores unmasked. Drives me nuts. I’ve been wearing it almost constantly here, and, luckily, have not gotten the pushback that I’ve heard others get. May have something to do with the fact that I’m 6’2” about 215.

We will be moving to SC in just a few months, which is even worse than NC, in general, but not too bad in the community we will be entering. 

Leaving Sunday to visit our youngest up in Ann Arbor, and we will definitely not be going out to places with any crowds. Got an Airbnb, so will play some golf, walk the dogs, and chill at the house. Although fully vaccinated since April 23, I take no chances at my advanced age.