Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

California Activates 'Mass Fatality' Program As State Sets New Virus Records

Confirmed coronavirus infections and virus-related deaths are soaring in California, the nation's most populous state, setting new records as hospitals struggle to keep up with the onslaught of cases.

It has prompted the state to activate its "mass fatality" program, which coordinates mutual aid across several governmental agencies.

On Thursday, California reported 52,281 new daily confirmed coronavirus cases and 379 new virus-related deaths, according to state data. This brings the state's total number of cases to more than 1.7 million, with 21,860 deaths since the pandemic began.

The impact on hospitals is particularly grave in Southern California, where no intensive care unit beds are available.

According to The Los Angeles Times, which is compiling its own coronavirus tally for the state, the number of Californians hospitalized due to the disease has broken records for 18 consecutive days.

The number of people in ICUs because of COVID-19 continues to set records as well, the newspaper said, with 14 straight days of increases.

Click on the link for the full article

• Sad 2

5 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'm ok with politicians getting the vaccine for PR purposes. It's important to hit the ground running with a positive ad campaign on this to get ahead of the pervasive vaccine skepticism.

Agreed.  

Just like Trump and Co refusing to wear masks sent a message to the people, (intentionally), so does politicians publicly getting vaccinated.  

Now, is the message being sent. . . . 

• "Look!  The vaccine is safe!"  Or
  • "Hey, a vaccine exists.  Therefore we don't need other forms of infection control."

. . . might vary from politician to politician.  (And viewer to viewer.)  

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1

FFS, can someone put him out of my misery please?

Tucker Carlson claims vaccine distribution is “eugenics” against white people

TUCKER CARLSON: According to the CDC's panel, another group -- those officially classified as "non-healthcare essential workers" -- should get the vaccine first. Why is that? "Racial and ethnic minority groups are disproportionately represented in many essential industries." In other words it's entirely racial. They're making the decision based on race.

Kathleen Dooling's presentation concluded that doling out life-saving medicine on the basis of skin color would "mitigate health inequities." Of course, it would kill people and she effectively concedes that. But the people it would kill come from a disfavored race so it's not a big deal. It's been a very long time since anyone close to what we consider the mainstream has endorsed eugenics and that is exactly what that is. It's eugenics.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Update:

Tested negative for COVID (was tested twice), apparently it was the flu/pneumonia. Got pumped full of IV fluids and an antibiotic IV drip, blood thinner injections (this was before the tests came back). They were pretty sure I had COVID, put me on the COVID floor...also something about my chest x-ray made them at first say COVID or pneumonia. Feel significantly better, tho...my "lols" are phlegm-free, and no longer trying to post from the bathroom floor lol...

Anyway, gracias for the well-wishes and concern. There was a LOT more that occurred but won't go into that now. Need to get my prescriptions filled so heading over to the bank to take out a 2nd mortgage. 👍

• Like 31

15 hours ago, dfitzo53 said:

I'm ok with politicians getting the vaccine for PR purposes. It's important to hit the ground running with a positive ad campaign on this to get ahead of the pervasive vaccine skepticism.

Yeah, but not disgraced former politicians forced out of office for ethics violations.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Update:

Tested negative for COVID (was tested twice), apparently it was the flu/pneumonia. Got pumped full of IV fluids and an antibiotic IV drip, blood thinner injections (this was before the tests came back). They were pretty sure I had COVID, put me on the COVID floor...also something about my chest x-ray made them at first say COVID or pneumonia. Feel significantly better, tho...my "lols" are phlegm-free, and no longer trying to post from the bathroom floor lol...

Anyway, gracias for the well-wishes and concern. There was a LOT more that occurred but won't go into that now. Need to get my prescriptions filled so heading over to the bank to take out a 2nd mortgage. 👍

Good to hear from you, and glad you're back and [relatively?] healthy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Update:

My wife went through some srious **** as well. Thought it was Covid. Looked like Covid.

But wasn't Covid. Tested twice. Even did an antibody test that camed back negative.

Nobody know what happened to her.

Anyway, it's good to have you around :)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Califan007 said:

Update:

2 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

My wife went through some srious **** as well. Thought it was Covid. Looked like Covid.

But wasn't Covid. Tested twice. Even did an antibody test that camed back negative.

Nobody know what happened to her.

Anyway, it's good to have you around :)

I know someone who had a similar experience... multiple negative tests but symptoms and severity that are 100% in line with covid (and the experiences described by califan). Makes me wonder if there are certain strains that don’t trigger the test. Because man, sure as hell sounds like you have covid. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

I know someone who had a similar experience... multiple negative tests but symptoms and severity that are 100% in line with covid (and the experiences described by califan). Makes me wonder if there are certain strains that don’t trigger the test. Because man, sure as hell sounds like you have covid. 

Mine was  the same (without the bathroom stuff), though no one was testing for covid yet.

My in-laws are trying everything to get me all the way to the other side of Atlanta for Christmas...I sent them the Fauci article about "no one outside of your household".  I've gotten no response.  :ols: 

The food will be phenomenal, but I ain't takin' the bait.  Bigger long-term plans are so much more important. 

• Like 6