Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

1 hour ago, Dan T. said:

Who has fallen farther than Rudy Giuliani from a position of esteem to one of derision and ridicule?  He has descended from outstanding leadership of New York City in the aftermath of 9/11 to political hackery and deceitfulness.  I can't think of anyone other than Bill Cosby and OJ Simpson who has fallen harder.

He was trash long before 9/11

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

He was trash long before 9/11

He was a complete dumbass to put his office in WTC after it had already been attacked. When they said, "He's out on the street!"...it was because the dumbass had no office, cuz he was a dumbass. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 4/21/2020 at 3:47 PM, China said:

This lovely human being is back in the news:

PASTOR TONY SPELL TURNS HIMSELF IN, BOOKED ON 2 CHARGES

According to Central Police in Baton Rouge ... the warrant was issued Monday based on video evidence caught by FOX 44 from a Sunday incident where Spell allegedly reversed the bus upon the shoulder of the road and nearly took out someone who was protesting his church gatherings.

Spell is being charged with 2 misdemeanors, aggravated assault and improper reversing.

Tony's wife, Shaye, tells us her husband isn't guilty of any crime, and she claims his arrest is the result of harassment by an allegedly inappropriate protester outside of their church for weeks.

She and a busload of parishioners are heading to where the pastor's locked up to protest.

Click on the link for more including the video

He's back at it:

Defiant Louisiana Pastor Holds In-Person Church Service Despite House Arrest

The Rev. Tony Spell marched into the Life Tabernacle Church outside Baton Rouge carrying a Bible over his head as he defied the house arrest order not to leave his property. He was greeted with cheers, as seen in a video of the service shared online.

“There should be nobody scared right now but the devil,” he said to loud applause. “Don’t let a man run by himself. The chains that used to bind me, they’re not gonna bind me no more!”

At one point, the Pentecostal preacher raised his right leg to expose his ankle monitor and repeatedly proclaimed “we’re not hiding anymore” to cheers from attendees, some who were carrying signs reading “I stand with Pastor Spell.”

5ea5e8b9250000460feb059b.png?cache=5ymdx

He went on to assure that the church was practicing social distancing measures, stating that those in attendance were not touching anyone who is not in their household. Several minutes later, parishioners were seen physically greeting and hugging one another while making their church offerings. During a later portion of the service, several attendees were seen crying in each other’s arms.

Click on the link for the full article

I know, I know, it was a Sunday and underreporting is to be expected, but the following countries posted their lowest death counts in many weeks: 

US (March 31) 
France (March 12) 
Spain (March 21) 
Italy (March 14) 
Germany (March 28) 
UK (March 31) 
Iran (March 10) 

Yeah, it's going to be low because it's a Sunday, but there have been a bunch of Sundays since these previous lows. And plenty of countries did not have a good day: Russia, Brazil, India and Mexico all continued to experience a surge. 

Collectively, this Sunday was the least deadly day of the pandemic since March 28th. Daily growth rate in newly reported deaths dropped to 2% for the first time since March 2nd.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

With states reopening; will their be another spike or will things be okay?

Basically, everyone (by that I mean politics) wants to reopen their respective countries due to economics and hope that people will be smart and disciplined so we don't get another spike.

That's a bet I wouldn't take at all, because most europeans or us people aren't disciplined at all...

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

With states reopening; will their be another spike or will things be okay?

I think it depends on what "okay" means...

In many ways, the closing down of states wasn't meant to eradicate the disease but rather give us time to prepare for it. Unless we are prepared to stay closed until there is a vaccine, eventually we are going to have to open back up and be ready with hospital space, etc. We could still have restrictions or guidelines on high-risk people. So, if we are better prepared now than we were 2 months ago to address cases, then I think we will be "okay" but we won't ever see an elimination of cases. 

Guidelines for high risk people goes out the window when people in their 20s and 30s are dying of strokes for no apparent reason why except they caught the virus. 

Opening up society puts everyone at risk, not a select few. This is what people aren't understanding, there is no projection for the virus, it's either mutating at an increasing rate or it's more insidious than thought. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Guidelines for high risk people goes out the window when people in their 20s and 30s are dying of strokes for no apparent reason why except they caught the virus. 

Opening up society puts everyone at risk, not a select few. This is what people aren't understanding, there is no projection for the virus, it's either mutating at an increasing rate or it's more insidious than thought. 

That's fine...I'm not advocating for opening everything up, just stating what a realistic "okay" would be. We obviously aren't going to wait until there's a vaccine so we have to start to define what "acceptable" is. What are your thoughts? 

I'm as in the dark as to what's reasonable as anyone else. But one thing that I've been communicating to my students (luckily my family and friends are all very rational) is that framing this as fundamentally having to do with "freedom" is a complete misconstrual of the situation. This is about collective responsibility and the greater good. My ES peeps know this, of course, but I've found this to be an effective form of messaging for the young and the restless.

• Like 5