Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He invoked DPA once so far for covid-19 (as far as I'm aware) and that was to order GM to build ventilators

I've read at least one claim that it was also invoked, when the Feds seized a shipment of PPE that a hosital had bought.  To demand that the hospital sell it to the Feds, instead.  (You know, the National Stockpile that isn't for the states.  But Trump can hand it out to other countries.  Brobably in return for investigations into Biden.)  

• Sad 1

Does anyone actually have Georgia daily deaths and infection data. I’m curious to see it. I would go on worldometer but it doesn’t have state data only US. Maybe I’m not looking hard enough. 

nvm went to Georgia website and it’s not as bad as I thought. 

Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

23 minutes ago, zskins said:

Unless you planning on eating it raw. Cooked food has no virus. Heat kills. 

I hope cooking meat kills the virus, but not sure about heat in general.  It can definitely survive in hot places and hot weather.

Edited by visionary

2 minutes ago, visionary said:

I hope cooking meat kills the virus, but not sure about heat in general.  It can definitely survive in hot places and hot weather.

I was implying heat from cooking. :)

As for hot surfaces the virus gets killed quicker, like in hours instead of days in moist and colder temps. 

23 minutes ago, zskins said:

Unless you planning on eating it raw. Cooked food has no virus. Heat kills. 

Even if you ate food raw I'd think you'd probably still have little chance of catching it. My understanding is that it has to enter through the respiratory tract, not gastrointestinal (though from the mouth some of it could probably get into the trachea). Stomach acid would probably also kill it. That said, yeah...cooking food also probably kills it, unless it's very low heat. 

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Even if you ate food raw I'd think you'd probably still have little chance of catching it. My understanding is that it has to enter through the respiratory tract, not gastrointestinal (though from the mouth some of it could probably get into the trachea). Stomach acid would probably also kill it. That said, yeah...cooking food also probably kills it, unless it's very low heat. 

Except when you lift the raw meat up to your mouth and your nose automatically takes a sniff of it.... bam you are infected... lol

Or, you wipe your nose and your infected hands get you the virus. :P

Edited by zskins
  • Haha 1

Just now, zskins said:

Except when you lift the raw meat up to your mouth and your nose automatically takes a sniff of it.... bam you are infected... lol

True. I always make sure to sniff my raw chicken before I ingest it. Gotta make sure it isn't bad!    :ols:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, visionary said:

lol wut?

"Completely ignore the well documented fact that I absolutely ****ed up almost every aspect of dealing with this pandemic that will probably tally 100,000+ American deaths by the time the election rolls around...I'm definitely the one you can trust to bring us back from it though!"

Edited by mistertim