Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

6 minutes ago, visionary said:

Man, I feel him there. I miss those days of good old-fashioned covid-19 testing. Salt of the earth covid-19 testing...when men were men, women were women, and non-living lethal viruses were non-living lethal viruses. They just don't test it like they used to back in the day. There's no respect for tradition anymore.

• Haha 11

17 minutes ago, skinfan2k said:

A vaccine is a long time away but there is this company called Co-Diagnostics out there that is determining if you have COVID with only saliva.  Hoping it pans out.  I think testing will be key and having tons of them will be key. 

Maybe September if all goes well....

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/oxford-scientists-say-they-may-have-a-vaccine-ready-by-september/ar-BB13kVE9

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

0 chance I would take that rushed ****!

What are the realistic risks of a modern vaccine? It will have gone through a couple of phases by then and shown a lot of promise. I will be first in line to get it. I am far more worried about covid being overweight. 

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

What are the realistic risks of a modern vaccine? It will have gone through a couple of phases by then and shown a lot of promise. I will be first in line to get it. I am far more worried about covid being overweight. 

I don't want to be a downer, but my sister's ex-husband's mother experienced paralysis after receiving the regular flu shot a few years ago. I know some people are willing to be guinea pigs for this, but I would wait, there's a reason extended trials exist. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

legit firms like moderna and others are doing trials correctly. 

I'd be super wary about a vaccine coming out that fast. Obviously with technological advancements vaccines can be created and synthesized at a much faster rate but legit comprehensive human trials still take time and there's currently pretty much no way around that, other than to just say "Well, we'll simply have to accept a higher risk of side effects". 

• Like 4

'Delusional': Feds slam 'Pharma Bro' Martin Shkreli's attempt to leave prison to find COVID-19 cure

Convicted fraudster Martin Shkreli's request to be freed from prison for three months to research a coronavirus cure was blasted by federal prosecutors as the "same kind of delusional self-aggrandizing behavior" that got him a lengthy sentence in the first place.

U.S. attorneys filed a motion on Tuesday asking a judge in the Eastern District of New York to reject the compassionate-release request by the so-called Pharma Bro.

"Shkreli has no formal scientific training and no experience working [in] a laboratory setting, and he does not explain why he cannot continue to develop and discuss any ideas he may have about COVID-19 from prison, as he has," prosecutors wrote in their motion to U.S. District Judge Kiyo Matsumoto.

Click on the link for the full article

2 hours ago, SoCalSkins said:

Haven’t you seen I Am Legend?

• Like 1

Swedish city to dump tonne of chicken manure in park to deter visitors

The university town of Lund in Sweden is to dump a tonne of chicken manure in its central park in a bid to deter up to 30,000 residents from gathering there for traditional celebrations to mark Walpurgis Night on Thursday.

“Lund could very well become an epicentre for the spread of the coronavirus on the last night in April, [so] I think it was a good initiative,” the chairman of the local council’s environment committee, Gustav Lundblad, told the Sydsvenskan newspaper.

“We get the opportunity to fertilise the lawns, and at the same time it will stink and so it may not be so nice to sit and drink beer in the park,” Lundblad said, adding that the only potential drawback was that the smell may not be confined to the park.

Click on the link for the full article

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I don't want to be a downer, but my sister's ex-husband's mother experienced paralysis after receiving the regular flu shot a few years ago. I know some people are willing to be guinea pigs for this, but I would wait, there's a reason extended trials exist. 

Vaccine effectiveness in those under two years old and those over 65 years old remains uncertain due to a lack of high quality research.

I personally don't get flu shots. Garlic and onions and blackelder berry is all I do. 

I am a smoker so I will get the COVID-19 vaccine though. 

• Like 1