Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

BBC: China pneumonia outbreak: COVID-19 Global Pandemic

China

@TheGreatBuzz in Hampton Roads now, different perspectives to say the least, it's obvious jus talking to people, telling them they'd have a different perspective as well if they were in NOVA.

@CousinsCowgirl84 like I said, I'm down here for today, did try to go to that rite-aid at Upton.  No same day testing, have to fill out questionnaire first.

Is there really anyway you can just get a test?  Rite-Aid only had the "do you have it test", not anti-bodies test. Lotta folks surging their shoulder because they can't confirm they have it anyway, explains why so many have given up and hoping for best at this point.

4 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

@TheGreatBuzz in Hampton Roads now, different perspectives to say the least, it's obvious jus talking to people, telling them they'd have a different perspective as well if they were in NOVA.

@CousinsCowgirl84 like I said, I'm down here for today, did try to go to that rite-aid at Upton.  No same day testing, have to fill out questionnaire first.

Is there really anyway you can just get a test?  Rite-Aid only had the "do you have it test", not anti-bodies test. Lotta folks surging their shoulder because they can't confirm they have it anyway, explains why so many have given up and hoping for best at this point.

Velocity Urgent Care said they have them.  Honestly I haven’t looked around because I’m not worried about taking one.  Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

• Like 1

They need to make the online at home saliva and nasal swab tests available to everyone already! There were two with 98-100% sensitivity. You have to qualify to get them still. Open it up and mad people will test themselves. Maybe that’s why it’s not open yet? They don’t want to know.

Idk,  I’d just like to know both antibody and current status. Wish it was easier. The ones they are using here in SFL are anywhere from 85-55% sensitivity. I mean, what’s the use in that case? The testing company has 5 locales around the nation, with that kind of sensitivity rate, why would you work with them? Friend of a friend NO DOUBT. The Saga Continues...

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Ignorance is bliss sometimes.

I'm in the same boat. 😉 I stayed home for 2 months & played it safe. I've been back to work for 3 weeks, haven't even had a sniffle & everyone else at work is good. For now, that's all I need to know. 

• Like 2

People like this need to catch COVID-19 and die a slow, painful death:

Hedge Fund Chief Says It’s Time to Go For Herd Immunity

One of the most remarkable dimensions of the COVID19 Crisis is the way the most garish or clownish versions of class division and privilege are pushed so aggressively to the fore. As we’ve discussed earlier, billionaires are eager to get back to work or rather eager to get you back to work. No less remarkable, they’re eager to talk to reporters or go on TV and make their argument. Now we have hedge fund chief Ricky Sandler, CEO of Eminence Capital, who has announced that America needs to get behind herd immunity. On a CNBC appearance yesterday he lamented “how the politicians and the media and the academic community and the scientific community have taken hold of this debate,” and announced it’s time to push on to herd immunity.

‘Herd immunity’ isn’t something you get behind or don’t get behind. It’s simply an epidemiological fact. Once a threshold number of people in a population develop immunity (at a minimum over 60%) a disease lacks a critical mass of people to use as vectors for infection. So rates of transmission drop. Vaccination programs rely on this to a significant degree since not every last person can get vaccinated. Vaccination programs often rely on herd immunity to make it possible for those with compromised immune systems or other health risks to not get vaccinated themselves but be protected by the immunity of the community at large.

In the current debate ‘herd immunity’ means halting the spread of the disease by letting everyone get sick, or letting all but the most vulnerable get sick on the theory that you can effectively separate the most vulnerable from everyone else.

Sandler created this website, ichooseherdimmunity.com which features an open letter you can sign on to supporting herd immunity as new government policy. It concludes with a quote from Nelson Mandela.

Click on the link for more

Doctor Pokes Fun At Conspiracy Theories By Sharing A Satirical Post About A Typical Day In A Covid-19 Ward

Needless to say, the pandemic has brought in some amount of chaos that is to some extent no longer controllable at this point.

I am, of course, referring to the conspiracy theories, fake news, and their perpetuation by certain high-level authorities. However, pushing away the tide of ignorance are the people of the internet, with medical doctor David Young posting a satirical post on a day in the life of a medical hospital doctor on Facebook.

On May 10, Young posted on Facebook detailing the things that he as a medical professional does and has to face at his job in the hospital, without sparing any of the juicy satirical conspiratorial details and nuances, and all neatly timestamped for good comedy measure.

typical-doctor-day-satire-facebook-post-

Click on the link for more

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1