Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

I hope this new regime figures out a way to not get sucked into the Snyder stupidity. 

If we would have traded Trent for a 1st last year, we could have traded that pick to the Dolphins for Minkah Fitzpatrick, who is young and talented and would fulfill the free safety need the team has.

That is just one example but opportunities like this can be found periodically.

4 hours ago, dyst said:

I hope this new regime figures out a way to not get sucked into the Snyder stupidity.

Sorry, there is no chance that will happen as long as he is the owner imo.

After a couple of decades of Dunning-Krugerism, his ego doesn't want to learn and he can't restrain himself from meddling.

"Before Haskins was selected, ESPN reported that Washington’s coaching staff preferred a more experienced college player — such as Duke’s Daniel Jones, who was selected sixth by the New York Giants — only to be overruled by owner Daniel Snyder.

A person with knowledge of Gruden’s thinking confirmed that the head coach did not want Haskins. And while Haskins has publicly downplayed any suggestion that he wasn’t Gruden’s choice, a person close to the rookie quarterback said that Haskins has sensed that to be the case." Link

16 minutes ago, FrFan said:

A person with knowledge of Gruden’s thinking confirmed that the head coach did not want Haskins. And while Haskins has publicly downplayed any suggestion that he wasn’t Gruden’s choice, a person close to the rookie quarterback said that Haskins has sensed that to be the case."

the glass half full view being at least it contributed to Grudens demise, thankfully.

22 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It's believable, but if they sign Olsen I'd say they're out on Hooper.

Unless they either:

A. Have no interest in drafting due to the fact that we likely miss the crop waiting til the 3rd round

B. Have little interest in keeping Sprinkle

C. Prefer to draft a TE next year (not sure how the crop is) and Olsen is a transition type guy

Just now, OVCChairman said:

Unless they either:

A. Have no interest in drafting due to the fact that we likely miss the crop waiting til the 3rd round

B. Have little interest in keeping Sprinkle

C. Prefer to draft a TE next year (not sure how the crop is) and Olsen is a transition type guy

I think the team liked Hentges. Sprinkle was fine. He's not an every down workhorse as a TE. He is a guy that can get open, can catch a ball and can block a little. He's at best at 2 and his best usage is as a #3 TE. He's got value there.

I just don't see them putting it a ton of resources at TE. With Olsen/Hentges/Sprinkle and Wilson in camp, I think that's a pretty good corps that has developmental growth and a vet presence.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I think the team liked Hentges. Sprinkle was fine. He's not an every down workhorse as a TE. He is a guy that can get open, can catch a ball and can block a little. He's at best at 2 and his best usage is as a #3 TE. He's got value there.

I just don't see them putting it a ton of resources at TE. With Olsen/Hentges/Sprinkle and Wilson in camp, I think that's a pretty good corps that has developmental growth and a vet presence.

I can see that, and I agree Sprinkle has some value at no. 3, but IMHO, i'd much rather go into camp with Hooper/Olsen/Hentges/Sprinkle/Wilson with those last 3 fighting for the no. 3 spot.  That also allows a backup plan for freak injury.  

Just now, OVCChairman said:

I can see that, and I agree Sprinkle has some value at no. 3, but IMHO, i'd much rather go into camp with Hooper/Olsen/Hentges/Sprinkle/Wilson with those last 3 fighting for the no. 3 spot.  That also allows a backup plan for freak injury.  

Sure. I'd like to add Kelce and Kittle, too.

Kelce/Kittle/Hooper/Olsen/Hentges/Sprinkle/Wilson is a good corps! :ols:

Obviously I'm kidding. But there's only so many resources to go around. Where they spend them is anyone's guess, of course. And you guys could be right. Maybe they go after a couple guys in FA AND Draft one.

If I were building the team I wouldn't commit that many resources towards it. Especially with a young guy like Hentges who has developmental potential (but a lot to prove) and a guy that has shown he's an adequate 3 for cheap on roster.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Sure. I'd like to add Kelce and Kittle, too.

Kelce/Kittle/Hooper/Olsen/Hentges/Sprinkle/Wilson is a good corps! :ols:

Obviously I'm kidding. But there's only so many resources to go around. Where they spend them is anyone's guess, of course. And you guys could be right. Maybe they go after a couple guys in FA AND Draft one.

If I were building the team I wouldn't commit that many resources towards it. Especially with a young guy like Hentges who has developmental potential (but a lot to prove) and a guy that has shown he's an adequate 3 for cheap on roster.

Yeah i get it lol

Impact of the Richardson Cut is more long-term than short ...

Pre Cut 2020: $50.8 Million

Pre Cut 2021: $99.6 Million

Pre Cut 2022: $122.4 Million

Updated 2020 Cap space: $52.7 Miliion

Updated 2021 Cap Space: $109.6 Million

Updated 2022 Cap Space: $132.4 Million

Here's what a Jordan Reed cut would do:

2020 Cap Space with Reed cut: $60.7 Million

2021 Cap Space with Reed cut: $118.6 Million

2022 Cap Space with Reed cut: $132.4 Million

Does anybody know if Reed passed his end of year physical?  If not, they can't release him, I don't think.  I think they have to reach an injury settlement with him.

I can't remember seeing reporting on it either way.  And all the exit physicals and interviews were going down while Bruce/Callahan were being shown the door and they were hiring Ron.  So it's possible nobody asked...

50 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Sprinkles ceiling is too low. He's a TE3 at best. Hentges could become something. 

Our OC is very heavy on TEs. We have zero.

We have 1 legit WR. TEs are a lot cheaper than WRs. Hooper bridges that and is a great receiving TE. Olsen is going to be more of a coach/player IMO.

I can definitely see us signing 2 TEs.

41 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Free’s up #24 for Bradberry.

I don’t actually have an issue with 2 TEs in FA either. Still probably way less of an instant cap impact than last year was at that position. 

My thinking is that some of the money is going to Bradberry and possibly Boston.

Archived