Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

You have to love the NFL. Players don't finish the contracts they signed, **** about getting paid millions, then you have Dunbar who can't even finish a full season and wants to be traded or released. I'm going to laugh my ass off if he thinks he's a top 3 CB because PFF says so. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract, trade him for as much as we can get and just accept that next year our CBs will be getting burned.

35 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

So our top outside DB who has been good and was on top of everyone's "must re-sign" list is now cuttable because he is making a business play to get a contract before he tears something? lol

Fans can be so emotional. 

If Ron can get something decent for him and he isn't a fit, fine. I trust it. This could have been Gettleman or Hurney but the Panthers under Rivera always prioritised Front 7 over DBs anyways. Always. Gettleman continued to do it with the Giants too, shipping out or letting go of Collins and Janoris Jenkins etc. 

To act like the guy is a traitor now in negotiation season is silly. 

There’s a difference between making a business decision and his behavior in the last 24 hours. I fully understood skipping OTAs and sympathized with his decision. But since that report has come out he’s asked for a trade or to be released and that he claims that we don’t know him and vice versa. Before it seemed as if he was making a smart, RATIONAL business decision but now he’s graduated from the Trent Williams school of acting like a ****.

Its not like this was behind closed doors and something leaked. It’s not like it’s June and we still haven’t signed him to a long term deal. It’s not like he doesn’t still have a year left on his contract. He said the **** he did knowing full well that acting like a fool forces the team to have to remove his attitude from the team. Was all poorly executed and congrats, he got his way. I no longer want him around.

Actually, I don't think Dunbar has any leverage. If we keep him and he decides to sit the season, he would have just ****ed himself out of millions of dollars in Free Agency. His resume isn't long enough or consistent enough to ask the crazy amount that he's going to want. He would be lucky to get the current contract value he has now if he sat the season and went into 2021 as a FA. 

4 minutes ago, max21 said:

Lol bye Dunbar. He had a good year but I can’t see him producing like that again. 

I think everyone is forgetting how talented and hard working this kid is.  He was a receiver in college and has worked hard to master his craft.  Dunbar is still getting better and don't forget he was a core special teams player before taking the leap in production.

However, he's a 28 year old corner who has an injury history.  I would trade him for a 3rd and if we are lucky a 2nd....other than that, let the contract play out and if all else fails, trade him at the trade deadline or during the draft.

11 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Actually, I don't think Dunbar has any leverage. If we keep him and he decides to sit the season, he would have just ****ed himself out of millions of dollars in Free Agency. His resume isn't long enough or consistent enough to ask the crazy amount that he's going to want. He would be lucky to get the current contract value he has now if he sat the season and went into 2021 as a FA. 

He said he wouldn’t sit out.

34 minutes ago, Poindexter said:

I think everyone is forgetting how talented and hard working this kid is.  He was a receiver in college and has worked hard to master his craft.  Dunbar is still getting better and don't forget he was a core special teams player before taking the leap in production.

However, he's a 28 year old corner who has an injury history.  I would trade him for a 3rd and if we are lucky a 2nd....other than that, let the contract play out and if all else fails, trade him at the trade deadline or during the draft.

Credit where credit is due, I agree.  Best corner on the team last year, but that’s not saying much. He used to get beat time and time again 

I love Dunbar he has put in the work. He started as a undrafted WR to special teams ace to great back up to solid starter and now arguably the best player on the team. He has exceed all expectations.

I see no problem with him wanting to get payed.Injury issues and all  he outplayed his contract. If players don't perform they get cut (Norman) and when players out perform a contract they deserve to be payed.Dunbar has to take care of himself and honestly his value may never be higher than now. This is a business on both sides.

However if we can find a team that loves Dunbar and we can get value we should listen.I remeber Volsmet stated couple months ago he feels we can get a 1st for him.Rivera and co may want to go in a different direction but lets not rip Dunbar for maximizing his value at what could the peak of his career.

If Dunbar doesn't want to be here then fine, he isn't good enough to making these kind of demands.  He certainly isn't acting like a player who's intention is to negotiate with the front office to find a solution.  Then again we have only heard from him, we don't know if he has already tried to reach out and they told him to take a hike.

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

This is no big deal then, if we don't get what we want for trade offers, then we just ride it out with him. QD would just be playing for the money the entire season. Maybe he'll have a change of heart at some point. 

For a guy who useD Reuben as a reason to skip OTA because of no guarantee, you gotta wonder how much he shies away from taking physical risks on the field. May hurt his value for a contract but I just can’t see him balling out this year because of his concerns.

37 minutes ago, carex said:

it'd be best for us to give him an extension really

And if he would have gone About it a different way then I would say he deserves one. But he’s taking a page out of Trent’s playbook and it’s aggravating. This is why I’m glad the team didn’t trade Trent. Dunny is gonna have to play out the year and he better hope he doesn’t get hurt. 

2 hours ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

You have to love the NFL. Players don't finish the contracts they signed, **** about getting paid millions, then you have Dunbar who can't even finish a full season and wants to be traded or released. I'm going to laugh my ass off if he thinks he's a top 3 CB because PFF says so. If he doesn't want to sign a new contract, trade him for as much as we can get and just accept that next year our CBs will be getting burned.

So it'll be the same as last year is what you're saying?

2 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

I seem to recall Ron saying in an interview during superbowl week that he gave the staff off until today (Monday) and would delve into full fledged evals this week. Doubt they are ready to make any commitments just yet.

Great post and true.  This guy has to jump the gun and make a public statement like this on the 1st day that RR and Co. were going to start sitting with coaches/players to discuss their future with team.  You fill in the _________.

54 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

And if he would have gone About it a different way then I would say he deserves one. But he’s taking a page out of Trent’s playbook and it’s aggravating. This is why I’m glad the team didn’t trade Trent. Dunny is gonna have to play out the year and he better hope he doesn’t get hurt. 

You love the concept of biting off your nose to spite your face I guess. Very Bruce of you

13 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

You love the concept of biting off your nose to spite your face I guess. Very Bruce of you

I see it more like not letting the inmates run the asylum. There is a right way and a wrong way to express your disgruntled ness regarding your contract. This was the wrong way. It’s February 10th and he’s complaining about not wanting to be here and that he wants to be somewhere that wants him long term. If this is a negotiation tactic by his agent the I hope it backfires. If he truly feels that way then as far as I’m concerned he’s no longer a member of this team (even though technically he is). He’s really just trying to take advantage of the poor reputation the redskins have in regards to how they treat their players.

Dunbar will know we’re about to dip into FA at CB, plus I would not discount Norman taking a significant cut to stick around. I don’t mind Dunbar speaking up.

All seems fair enough to me, as long as we end up set at CB I’m not fussed who the names on the jerseys are at this stage. 

4 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Dunbar will know we’re about to dip into FA at CB, plus I would not discount Norman taking a significant cut to stick around. I don’t mind Dunbar speaking up.

All seems fair enough to me, as long as we end up set at CB I’m not fussed who the names on the jerseys are at this stage. 

Norman is finished, if he's still on our roster come September I'll be very, very disappointed, and that's the cleaned up version. 

HTTR 

I've lost a little respect for Dunbar if these quotes are all correct.  I like him as a mid-grade CB1 but he knows we just had a complete overhaul of the entire franchise and I think he's being unreasonable with his demands due to the FO and coaching staff having a ton on their plate.

I don't believe Ron and the FO will take kindly to what he said, especially when he cant stay on the field.

Archived