Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

6 hours ago, HTTRDynasty said:

I think Devin Funchess will be the WR to look at if we go that route.  Former Panther.  He's young and he'll be cheap.  Took a 1-year deal with the Colts last year but broke his collar bone in week 1 and never played another down.  He'll probably want a short-term prove-it deal.

Somehow I forgot the Funchess/Rivera connection. Would be an obvious addition, but I’m not sure he’s really a stud #1A which appears to be what Ron is looking for across from McLaurin.  

6 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I honestly love the idea of Robbie Anderson. 6'3" 4.34 forty and productive. Four years in the league with 42, 63, 50, 52 catches. Averages about 15ypc. Can take the top off the defense, so you have to respect his speed and can't just focus on Terry. He's played on the Jets, so it's not like he's had all world QB's throwing to him and he hasn't been in a super prolific offense. Shouldn't be too expensive. He'll be 27 in May. I think he'd be a solid #2. 

He’s going to get paid more than he’s probably worth because of the lack of options.  Supply/Demand and all.  I am not sure, again, if he’s really what they’re looking for.  

I kinda get the feeling they think they have serious matchup problems with McLaurin and probably Sims, so they NEED somebody to either benefit from being singled or force the defense not to double McLaurin.  Almost like protecting a HR hitter in a battling lineup by having a good hitter behind him so he can’t be intentionally walked. 

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

We need linebackers. Foster is still recovering from injury and is a constant injury risk. SDH is unproven. Cole Holcomb will likely get the nod at Mike. I actually think he’ll be decent there. 

our OLBs are weak. Even if SDH pans out and Foster plays, there is virtually no depth.

Agree, but don’t forget about Anderson, who might have been the most improved player on the team last year.  He’s going to play somewhere.

If Foster is just able to get feeling back in his extremities, he’s not going to be somebody you can count on, at least initially.  

Got to think Tre Boston is a given here as our FS.  He won't break the bank.  He's noted as a very good defender against the pass but his tackling is questioned.

James Bradberry is quoted as saying he wants top dollar (i.e., $14 mill APY) guaranteed money offsets that of course.  He's one of the better cover CBs in FA but his tackling is a question mark too.  $$$ will be the deciding factor.

9 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Fully expect a feast in free agency. Rivera will be on a strong promise from Danny Boy.

We do have a major issue across the LB core, although I could see us doubling up in the mid rounds of the draft at LB. 

I like Ohio State's Malik Harrison in the 3rd and Wisconsin's Chris Orr on Day 3.  To me, Orr is a VERY underrated LB.  

We very badly need to address the TE position.  RR would be nuts to keep Jordan Reed on this team.  He should be a cut.   We have the kid from Alabama we picked up from the Colts PS who I think will do well for us.  Sprinkle can be a late cut and save us a little $ if they don't think he will fit but we need 2 TEs I think in Turner's system. 

38 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I like Ohio State's Malik Harrison in the 3rd and Wisconsin's Chris Orr on Day 3.  To me, Orr is a VERY underrated LB.  

We very badly need to address the TE position.  RR would be nuts to keep Jordan Reed on this team.  He should be a cut.   We have the kid from Alabama we picked up from the Colts PS who I think will do well for us.  Sprinkle can be a late cut and save us a little $ if they don't think he will fit but we need 2 TEs I think in Turner's system. 

I mean if the Gods allowed us to trade back for more picks and still get Chase Young...one can dream. 

1 hour ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

I mean if the Gods allowed us to trade back for more picks and still get Chase Young...one can dream. 

I don't think that happens.  We need to take Young and build from there our secondary.  I can see us signing Boston and hopefully Bradberry.  If we release Norman his salary can be parlayed into Bradberry's for a year w/an extension.  Boston doesn't break the bank on a LTD.  

53 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

Does anything be else here think that we cut Jordan Reed and he goes and plays with Tom Brady for a year and gets a championship I could totally see that happening. I’d be happy for him, too. 

It's kind of typical for overhyped under performing overpaid players later in their career.

As long as he is off our roster, it's cool.

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Does anything be else here think that we cut Jordan Reed and he goes and plays with Tom Brady for a year and gets a championship I could totally see that happening. I’d be happy for him, too. 

Sadly I think if he steps on the field again someone will head hunt him and give him is next concussion.

7 hours ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Fully expect a feast in free agency.

I respectfully disagree with you. Free Agency splurges are fun and all, but they rarely work out. I'd like a safety, maybe one of the 2nd tier corners--but I'd also like to see Dunbar-Morneau-Moreland with a real coaching staff. 1st thing JDR noticed was the complete lack of communication in the secondary.

Figure out Williams and Scherff, maybe Erick Flowers. I wouldn't mind someone like AJ Green for our receiving corps--they are all so young.

Rivera said in one of his interviews at the Superbowl that February 10th is when decisions on the 2020 roster will start happening, roll on tomorrow. I'm hoping for straight off the bat that Norman, Reed and Moses are gone, Sherff is given a new deal and Rivera decides ASAP what we are doing with Williams. 

HTTR 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

I respectfully disagree with you. Free Agency splurges are fun and all, but they rarely work out. I'd like a safety, maybe one of the 2nd tier corners--but I'd also like to see Dunbar-Morneau-Moreland with a real coaching staff. 1st thing JDR noticed was the complete lack of communication in the secondary.

Figure out Williams and Scherff, maybe Erick Flowers. I wouldn't mind someone like AJ Green for our receiving corps--they are all so young.

I really think we spend on RB,WR,TE,S,CB and add competition at QB

Barring a trade back, draft Young, LB, TE as priority picks.

That said, it’s all still wide open. Should be interesting if nothing else. 

Hopefully a new dimension to the phrase ‘winning the offseason’...

I did another simulation on Fanspeak, trying to eliminate most needs before drafting. This was after cutting Norman, Reed and Richardson, re-signing Flowers and Scherff and re-structuring Williams, Kerrigan and Moses.

image.png.b53730056393f176659968b23f3d4202.png

Probably too high on a couple of guys (these are the cap-friendly first years, obviously), but got starters and depth and made easy BPA for the draft.

I'd be happy with something similar by Rivera. Big turnover in year 1, then tweaks and specific needs after that.

18 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

Not bothered either way if Olsen signs with the Redskins or not, especially if he wants more than 5m per year. 

HTTR 

no doubt he’ll end up in the booth, but not until after he picks up a nice 2yr/12-14mil playing deal first. I’ll take him at that price.

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

I would suggest putting context in your posts.

To summarize the article: Cowher went on Cowherd (That rotten, racist, rabble rousing failure of a human being) and said he thinks Brady is going to go to the Cowboys and Dallas franchises and trades Dak.

Michael Irvin snorted a lot of coke at the SB and then said the same thing, saying he talked to “significant people.” But that must have been the crack talking because then he said the conversations were not with anybody on the Cowboys organization.

So what we have here is a guess on Cowherd and a drug induced fog from Irvin.

And ESPN puts it out there because idiots like me click on it.  

Nothing to see here.

1 hour ago, NYSkins21 said:

Another perspective is that it is the offseason and this is what these guys do - speculate.   I think Brady was pissed about last year because he had no one to throw to.  Just super weak on the offensive side of the ball. I think what they will probably try to go after AJ Green or work something out so he has some pieces around him to throw to. I don't think he will get Gronk back.  It is more possible they take a flyer on someone like Reed.   They should even go after Henry.  

I just do not believe Brady is going anywhere.  If they pick up some pieces to fortify the Offense he will stay. But Hey it is message board. It is the offseason. Speculations rule.  

It is going to be fun to see what happens in FA all the way around.   First time I have looked forward to it as a Skins fan in a long time. 

this thing about the Cowboys, Brady and Prescott is a joke

okay, franchise one QB, sign another franchise QB and then trade the first guy for multiple firsts.  when you are in a situation where you have to get rid of him and you're admitting you don't think he's good enough for the job

11 hours ago, carex said:

this thing about the Cowboys, Brady and Prescott is a joke

okay, franchise one QB, sign another franchise QB and then trade the first guy for multiple firsts.  when you are in a situation where you have to get rid of him and you're admitting you don't think he's good enough for the job

I think it could have a little traction and here's why. Dak wants in excess of 35 million a year. I've heard some reports that he wants 40 million.  NO WAY can the Cowboys pay that kind of money and be able to put anything around him. They just paid Demarcus Lawrence a boatload of $$ and the same with Zeke and they've got Byron Jones and Amari Cooper as Free Agents this year to pay if they want to keep them. I would guess that MAYBE Jerry thinks that he can unload Dak for a couple of 1sts and ride Brady for a couple of years while he makes a run at trading up to get Trevor Lawrence next year. Crazy I know but we are talking Jerry Jones here. 

Possible they’d go after a qb in this draft to groom behind Brady (if they went that route), especially if they were able to get some picks for Dak.  They could potentially move all the way up for Herbert or whoever, or maybe Jones really likes one of the more mobile guys?

Dak to... I don’t know, Oakland maybe?  Hard decisions for the Cowboys, which I like. :)

There is a lot in play with Dak's position. I watched a little of that round table last night on ESPN and there is pressure on Dak to set a tone it seems. They didn't necessarily say that, but the primary gist of the conversation certainly seemed that way. 

We'll see what happens, but Dak is going to want big money. 

5 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

Possible they’d go after a qb in this draft to groom behind Brady (if they went that route), especially if they were able to get some picks for Dak.  They could potentially move all the way up for Herbert or whoever, or maybe Jones really likes one of the more mobile guys?

Dak to... I don’t know, Oakland maybe?  Hard decisions for the Cowboys, which I like. :)

It's possible. Who knows with Jerry?  He might bring Romo out of retirement. HaHa

Archived