Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

4 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

That kinda makes ya think we'd use that to make a big splash in FA...but we didn't really

I mean, it's not really fully representative of our situation because of the Alex Smith contract. It still screws us even if he's not the QB1.

We are set up to enter a nice competitive window with tons of cap space next season, after an evaluation year this season.

54 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

We are set up to enter a nice competitive window with tons of cap space next season, after an evaluation year this season.

If Haskins hits even at a Kirk Cousins level within his rookie deal the Skins would be in an unbelievable situation

The Jets are trying to get Kyle Long back into the league, and it's come to light that he had issues with the Bears staff (so do Bears fans) which played a contributing factor to him stepping away from the game. He said he's deciding if he'll come back to the game but if he did, he'd only be a Bear in the future if they had a new staff.

I'd really like the team that convinces Long to come play to be us. 

18 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

The Jets are trying to get Kyle Long back into the league, and it's come to light that he had issues with the Bears staff (so do Bears fans) which played a contributing factor to him stepping away from the game. He said he's deciding if he'll come back to the game but if he did, he'd only be a Bear in the future if they had a new staff.

I'd really like the team that convinces Long to come play to be us. 

I would, too, but I don't think we'd be among his top choices. Just considering the drama that's surrounded this organization the last few... well, for a really long time :)... I just can't see Long wanting to trade one crazy for another.

I understand Washington's got a lot of new faces, but I think it's going to take at least a season or two to get their hands clean in the eyes of the league. And for some, they'll always be a dysfunctional organization simply due to Dan Snyder. 

I like to believe that the coaching changes could go a long way to changing the culture of the Redskins and their perception throughout the league. I just think it'll take some time. Eventually, they could get back to being a "destination organization" and land guys like Long. 

13 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Newton to the Patriots 

I feel like this is a face-saving move for Bellichick.  He probably knows that Jared Stidham is not ready and he desperately wants to keep his AFC East Championship streak alive.  I'm curious to see what Josh McDaniels will do to craft an offense around Newton's skill set.  Would it be worth taking Cam as a QB1 in fantasy this year?  Or Julian Edelman as a WR1?  

8 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

I feel like this is a face-saving move for Bellichick.  He probably knows that Jared Stidham is not ready and he desperately wants to keep his AFC East Championship streak alive.  I'm curious to see what Josh McDaniels will do to craft an offense around Newton's skill set.  Would it be worth taking Cam as a QB1 in fantasy this year?  Or Julian Edelman as a WR1?  

I would put it more as a 'wanting to win' type of move than a saving-face type of one. That does not mean I think it will be successful but for them, it's worth a shot. 

45 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

In my fantasies theres an actual season this year.

40 minutes ago, dyst said:

I would put it more as a 'wanting to win' type of move than a saving-face type of one. That does not mean I think it will be successful but for them, it's worth a shot. 

I think you're both right.  I think it's wanting to win AND saving face. 

I think he had a moment of clarity and got cold feet over riding with Stidham.  But I think he legitimately talked himself into Stidham at first.

Opportunity cost was prime for Cam and is how the Pats roll.

Ive always wanted to see how the Pats would manage the QB situation without Brady— fascinating stuff. I love it due to getting a former MVP still at the edge of his prime for a great price. IF Cams health is right the Pats have a legit QB heading in the 2021 season at a bargain rate. 

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Opportunity cost was prime for Cam and is how the Pats roll.

Ive always wanted to see how the Pats would manage the QB situation without Brady— fascinating stuff. I love it due to getting a former MVP still at the edge of his prime for a great price. IF Cams health is right the Pats have a legit QB heading in the 2021 season at a bargain rate. 

What about this year tho?..I mean there might not be a season but I'm super curious to how the Pat's do with out tom..before they signed cam I said they will still win the division

53 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

What about this year tho?..I mean there might not be a season but I'm super curious to how the Pat's do with out tom..before they signed cam I said they will still win the division

The overall approach to the QB spot is what I’m referring to— Meaning, they didn’t overreact to losing Tom and were comfortable with attempting to get top 15-20 type QB play (conjecture on my part) at a 4th or 5th round cost (forget which round Stidham was drafted) within their system. Fortunately for them Newton was available at a league minimum deal, so they improved their QB room potential immensely. Average to above average QBs will have to drastically curve their asking prices in the future is my thesis and the Pats May lead the charge. 

My belief is the average QB getting elite has made no sense for years— The Pats seem to agree. Yes, I just put myself in the group of the Pats ;) 

6 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Ive never seen the media more crazy about Cam than they are right now.  Even in his mvp season they weren’t raving about him like they are now.  He’s getting paid the vet minimum, and the pats don’t have Gronk (their best pass catcher) anymore.  I’m not sure Cam will start.  I can understand the excitement because he’s playing with Belichick, but BB won’t be running, blocking, throwing, or catching passes.

11 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

You all are doubting Stid the Stud ?

Indeed. I had him in my mock draft the year he came into the league. 

Still think the Newton move is a great one for both Cam and the Pats though.

Not to mention .. Belichick has a history of really bad FA signings so I love how media went from "Cam is not the same player and cant stay healthy" to... "oh my god! Cam to the Pats = Superbowl!"  NFL columnists are super bored right now and looking for ANYthing to get excited about.

Archived