Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

11 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Peyton... Barber?

Huh. 

Didn’t see that coming. Guice or Love ain’t gonna be around.

Well... who knows if Love can even play and Guice seems to get injured by a stiff breeze, so the team needs a little insurance. It’s March still. No reason to worry about any signing or whether it affects the draft or even what happens before TC.

4 minutes ago, nonniey said:

Yeah a bit confusing there. He's a decent player but don't see improvement over what we already have in the stable and now makes for a very crowded backfield.

I mean, could have had a rookie for nothing. I guess we still can... but... 

3 minutes ago, ntotoro said:

Well... who knows if Love can even play and Guice seems to get injured by a stiff breeze, so the team needs a little insurance. It’s March still. No reason to worry about any signing or whether it affects the draft or even what happens before TC.

I hear this but say all 5 are healthy which still isn’t out of the question, there’s no way we are carrying 5 RB’s on the roster

If we hadn’t picked up McKissic already I’d have this pegged as a solid  acquisition but unless one of Guice Love or Peterson is about to be traded I’m confused

I'd be astonished and pissed off if they traded Guice or Love purely because I think there’s a really good chance one of them goes on to stay healthy and become and absolute stud

We’re almost plugging gaps in preparation for drafting pure need.

There is nothing left at TE, WR isn’t much better, unless we go for a one year deal on a lower tier player like a Funchess, Higgins, Demarcus Robinson. We have a gap at CB but we should be able to sort that in FA.

If we stick at #2 with Young, we’ll be drafting need in the mid rounds, TE, WR must be on there at a this rate.

3 minutes ago, DefinitelyMaybe said:

I'd be astonished and pissed off if they traded Guice or Love purely because I think there’s a really good chance one of them goes on to stay healthy and become and absolute stud

And your medical prediction on two injured players staying healthy and become absolute studs in based on what exactly? 

2 minutes ago, skeenzfan said:

And your medical prediction on two injured players staying healthy and become absolute studs in based on what exactly? 

Jack **** fella but my prediction on us not carrying 5 running backs is spot on and for me we shouldn’t be cutting either Guice or Love period

It's almost unfathomable to cut Guice. Yeah, he's had some injuries, but looked fantastic when healthy and is super cheap. Love is pretty cheap as well, so he'd really have to look bad to not make it worthwhile to keep him. Is any Peterson's 2020 option guaranteed? $600K isn't a lot of money in NFL terms, but seems foolish to hand it out for a guy who might not make the final 53. I suspect the team thinks Barber will make it at this point, though I'm skeptical.

5 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Is Peyton Barber that Altottian white guy who played with the Browns a while back? People think he's decent? 

No, that's Madden cover boy Peyton Hillis

7 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Oh geez...I was way off. I have no clue who this new guy is, but I'm glad it's not Hillis. Thanks. 

Barber is not a great RB and has no real upside. He is an average/decent/good back that should make an NFL roster.  I'd put him behind AP, Guice and Love (latter two have more upside).  OK maybe he'd go ahead of Love until proven otherwise.

13 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

So either a) Love is crocked b) Guice is in trouble for something or c) AP wants out with his best buddy Trent.

Choose a,b or c.

Or none of the above :ols:

I always go with C when in doubt.  But I think I’m right this time.

Why we are signing another running back, is beyond me?  We have at best, one good offensive lineman in my opinion.  We could have had three, had we resigned Flowers, and if we somehow managed to retain the guys name who I won’t mention, but rhymes with “print.”  Then we could have addressed Morgan Moses in the draft, and Chase I’m not crazy about either.  We are not a running team right now.  

5 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

This is a WTF moment...

Why? RR typically carrys 4 RB unlike Jay who only carried 3 most of the time. AP, Love, Guice, and now Barber. That makes 4. And it makes good sense, not ot mention he is almost free. $600k gauranteed? They can cut him it will not hurt. 

I like the signing.  

Archived