Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I understand their interest in Cooper but don't get their need to sign a WR overall, which is a point that Keim and others keep harping on.  But if they must sign a WR, I know who I'd want.  I am not saying the name because whenever I do they seemed to get signed hours later by another team.  I'll just say he'd be the most obvious target after Cooper. 

I am DM you.  :)

2 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

That highlight reel shows a TE much more athletic than Sprinkle and more fluid than Hentges.  Could be a nice person to grow plus use as a QB on gadget plays.  LOL

He's certainly faster than Sprinkle.  He's a roll the dice guy and I am fine with it, slim pickings at TE. 

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I understand their interest in Cooper but don't get their need to sign a WR overall, which is a point that Keim and others keep harping on.  But if they must sign a WR, I know who I'd want.  I am not saying the name because whenever I do that player seems to get signed hours later by another team.  🤨  I'll just say he'd be the most obvious target after Cooper according to most.   And I wouldn't pay a ton for the guy but if they get him at a decent price, I'd be on board. 

Glad you didn't jinx it, SIP. I trust your and KDawg's player evaluations, so I'll trust you on that one. Seems that Keim believes that having a vet among the wideout corps is something the coaches want - maybe for leadership, maybe for helping to bring those talented young dudes along. Our young wideouts are good, and I'm guessing we can make that group even better with all the talent available in the draft. Hell, there'll be UDFA wideouts, just like the kid with the Jets, who I trust this FO to find.

As for QB, I have a sneaky suspicion that there might be some trade with Miami that brings Rosen to DC. Dude hasn't had a QB coach since he arrived in the NFL. I would love to see how he develops under Zampese. Could be good competition for Haskins, and help to push him.

9 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I understand their interest in Cooper but don't get their need to sign a WR overall, which is a point that Keim and others keep harping on.  But if they must sign a WR, I know who I'd want.  I am not saying the name because whenever I do that player seems to get signed hours later by another team.  🤨  I'll just say he'd be the most obvious target after Cooper according to most.   And I wouldn't pay a ton for the guy but if they get him at a decent price, I'd be on board. 

IIRC, Robby Anderson got a pretty good offer from the Jets, but wanted to test FA to see if he could get more. He’ll go back to the Jets unless we at least match their price. 

I’d much rather get a WR in the draft.  

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

IIRC, Robby Anderson got a pretty good offer from the Jets, but wanted to test FA to see if he could get more. He’ll go back to the Jets unless we at least match their price. 

I’d much rather get a WR in the draft.  

So would I per my post.   I've put up about 50 million it seems detailed personal scouting reports on the draft thread about receivers i love. 

But it sounds like they are going down that rabbit hole.  So if they must, I am not a Sanders guy or Perriman guy unless you get them relatively cheap.   But now that you mentioned the name I'd take, it's not going down.  🤨   But yeah I'd take Anderson let's say at 10 million a year versus Perriman or Sanders at lets say 8.  If I were me I'd sign none of them but it sounds like a signing is happening. 

6 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

As for QB, I have a sneaky suspicion that there might be some trade with Miami that brings Rosen to DC. Dude hasn't had a QB coach since he arrived in the NFL. I would love to see how he develops under Zampese. Could be good competition for Haskins, and help to push him.

Dude. What? No... he’s awful. If he ever had a chance of being good, that ship has long since sailed. Competition? Rosen is on tract to be out of the league in 2-3 years. He’s pushing no one 

12 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

The only WR left that is attractive is Perriman (who brings something we really don't have on the rosters sans Terry).

Probably Funchess, though I don’t think he brings anything to the table Harmon couldn’t bring. Of course if they are looking for vet leadership, he could be a target. 

9 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Glad you didn't jinx it, SIP. I trust your and KDawg's player evaluations, so I'll trust you on that one. Seems that Keim believes that having a vet among the wideout corps is something the coaches want - maybe for leadership, maybe for helping to bring those talented young dudes along. Our young wideouts are good, and I'm guessing we can make that group even better with all the talent available in the draft. Hell, there'll be UDFA wideouts, just like the kid with the Jets, who I trust this FO to find.

First off: Thank you.

Secondly, I agree with SIP. No need to sign another receiver out of the crop. I wouldn't mind 1 or 2 names on the remaining list, but only at a bargain rate. The draft is loaded.

Third, Rosen is an intriguing option. If he could be had for a low cost asset (like a 7th rounder) I'd take him and run. NFL starting experience and he'd be the clear backup at the start. I'm not sure on his personality one way or the other. But we still have Alex Smith. But he's trending poorly right now. So he'd be a tremendous risk if Haskins goes down/doesn't cut it. 

I prefer Bortles as the backup, but I'm not sure he fits what I think Turner is going to do with the O. But maybe.

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But it sounds like they are going down that rabbit hole.  So if they must, I am not a Sanders guy or Perriman guy unless you get them relatively cheap.   But now that you mentioned the name I'd take, it's not going down.  🤨   But yeah I'd take Anderson let's say at 10 million a year versus Perriman or Sanders at lets say 8.  If I were me I'd sign none of them but it sounds like a signing is happening. 

I'd feel great about RA at 10 mil per.  I think his best football is yet to come and his take the top off the defense role is just what we need.  Let's give DH speed.

I'd be ok with Sanders at 8.  Veteran leader, stopgap until a younger wr takes the role.

Please no to perriman.  We had him in house, and he couldn't outperform our pedestrian wrs.   I feel whoever brings perriman in based on his small sample  of success will be very disappointed.   

Logan Thomas came to VT as a TE out of HS.  Played that position at VT initially and had one of the most spectacular leaping grabs I've ever seen.  Guy was a freak of an athlete.  He was forced into playing QB at VT because they didn't have anyone else to play the position and Logan was an all-around athlete.  And he did it well.  

One of my long-time best friends coached another sport at the same HS Logan attended.  To this day, he's told me the 2 best HS athletes he's seen play any sport in person were Allen Iverson and Logan.  Logan played HS hoops too and could jump out of the gym.

I'm rooting for him.

13 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

But now that you mentioned the name I'd take, it's not going down.  🤨   

Sorry lol. Not a big believer in jinxes. And I also REALLY don’t want this to happen. Just covering my bases 😉

But I don’t think Anderson’s character fits what Rivera is looking for so I really doubt it happens even if it’s a “good” deal money wise. 

Perriman doesn't thrill me. We had him for five days in 2018. New coaches, I know, but I still think he's more bust than boom. I'm okay with Logan Thomas though. If the team wants to live dangerously, he can be both the third string TE and backup QB.

29 minutes ago, skinzplay said:

Thanks, I've been wrong about players in the mix like we all have.  So its just my opinion.  But yeah I love this draft for receivers, I wouldn't pay through the nose for one in FA.

I don't really love Robby Anderson at all but if I had to go with a deep threat type who can play Z, he'd be the guy for me.  As for Sanders, many receivers start dropping off when they head to their mid 30s so I think you are taking a risk if you are giving him a multiple year big contract.  If they get him at a bargain I am OK.

As for Perriman, to me he's never really broken out.  His supposed breakout year still wasn't some monster year.  I am just gun shy about players that have anomaly years right before FA, especially if they aren't a monster type season but basically decent.  See Randle El.  See Pryor (granted there was context with him) and a slew of other FAs. 

Perriman

Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
2016 23 BAL wr 18 16 1 66 33 499 15.1 3 19 53 2.1 31.2 50.0% 7.6 1 2 0 0 2 2.0 0.1 0.1 34 14.7 501 3 0 3
2017 24 BAL wr 11 11 3 35 10 77 7.7 0 3 14 0.9 7.0 28.6% 2.2                 10 7.7 77 0 0 1
2018 25 CLE wr 19 10 2 25 16 340 21.3 2 13 66 1.6 34.0 64.0% 13.6 4 2 0 0 7 0.5 0.2 0.4 20 17.1 342 2 0 2
2019 26 TAM wr 19 14 4 69 36 645 17.9 6 29 44 2.6 46.1 52.2% 9

Anderson

Games Receiving Rushing Total Yds      
Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD 1D Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Y/Tgt Rush Yds TD 1D Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
Career       62 47 382 207 3059 14.8 20 122 92 3.3 49.3 54.2% 8.0 9 47 0 2 30 5.2 0.8 0.1 216 14.4 3106 20
2016 23 NYJ wr 11 16 8 78 42 587 14.0 2 19 52 2.6 36.7 53.8% 7.5 3 42 0 2 30 14.0 2.6 0.2 45 14.0 629 2 1 4
2017 24 NYJ WR 11 16 15 114 63 941 14.9 7 38 69 3.9 58.8 55.3% 8.3 3 9 0 0 7 3.0 0.6 0.2 66 14.4 950 7 0 7
2018 25 NYJ WR 11 14 9 94 50 752 15.0 6 30 76 3.6 53.7 53.2% 8.0 2 -8 0 0 1 -4.0 -0.6 0.1 52 14.3 744 6 2 6
2019 26 NYJ WR 11 16 15 96 52 779 15.0 5 35 92 3.3 48.7 54.2% 8.1 1 4 0 0 4 4.0 0.3 0.1 53 14.8 783 5 1 5

1 minute ago, tlazarchick31 said:

Pretty terrible FA so far. I can't believe I'm advocating for an Eifert but you can't go into this draft without even addressing one need. It's ridiculous

State of the Redskins fanbase that your first post is a negative one.  Cheer up sunshine!  FA isn't over and the draft will be an exciting time.

13 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Sorry lol. Not a big believer in jinxes. And I also REALLY don’t want this to happen. Just covering my bases 😉

But I don’t think Anderson’s character fits what Rivera is looking for so I really doubt it happens even if it’s a “good” deal money wise. 

I am not really pimping for Anderson though at all.  I flat out said I wouldn't sign him.   As for character, I've read mixed things about it, so I'd let them sort that out.  I am pimping for Anderson if they are determined to sign a WR no matter what and the choice is him versus Perriman versus Sanders if the money is close to equal. 

21 minutes ago, Skin'emAlive said:

Dude. What? No... he’s awful. If he ever had a chance of being good, that ship has long since sailed. Competition? Rosen is on tract to be out of the league in 2-3 years. He’s pushing no one 

Probably Funchess, though I don’t think he brings anything to the table Harmon couldn’t bring. Of course if they are looking for vet leadership, he could be a target. 

There's a lot more to competition and pushing a teammate than people realize. If Rosen is in that QB room, you can guarantee that Haskins is going to go home and study that playbook (and opposing defenses) with some seriousness of purpose. I don't know if he's necessarily what Turner and Zampese are looking for, but I think as a backup - just as KDawg has mentioned - he would be just fine for us. One last note - all of the inhibiiting factors that people have identified with Haskins' 2019 situation can be said of the Rosen kid. He came into a terrible situation (worst coaching staff in the league), then got sent off to a Miami team that never even had a real QB coach or OC last season. Impossible to develop under those conditions. Fresh start, new trajectory, cheap backup.

Archived