Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official ES 2020 Free Agency Thread /Tracker... Kendall Fuller,OG Schweitzer, KP Louis, Thomas Davis, McKissic, TE Logan Thomas, OT Lucas, QB Kyle Allen (trd 5th Rd pick), RB P. Barber, LB Davis, Ronald Darby

Riggo-toni

50 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Just how many linebackers are we keeping on this team lol. Makes me think the FO doesn't like any of them and hopes they can throw bargain bin picks at the wall and have one of them stick.

I think most 4-3 teams carry six or seven.  But right now including Bostic and Pierre-Louis we have EIGHT.  If Ryan Anderson plays LB and and Reuben Foster can play next year.  We are not even close to overstocking at LB right now

Jenkins would be a great bridge player to help keep the defense respectable during the rebuild.  With as much cap space as we have and how hard it is to get folks to come here, even overpaying him won't ruin our cap.  Adding him and Fuller effectively remakes your secondary, you need that if we don't plan go blitz a lot.

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I don't think they can afford Trent if they're investing heavily in Turner, Bulaga and Pouncey, not to mention they need to extend Feeney and Lamp.

A man can dream.

I agree that with so much invested on the OL, it's now more likely they just go OT at #6.  I know they have a huge need on their interior DL though, so I think they'd love to shore up their OL in FA allowing them to draft Brown or Kinlaw. 

1 minute ago, HTTRDynasty said:

A man can dream.

I agree that with so much invested on the OL, it's now more likely they just go OT at #6.  I know they have a huge need on their interior DL though, so I think they'd love to shore up their OL in FA allowing them to draft Brown or Kinlaw. 

I disagree. They're drafting a QB and with so much invested in the right side, it's almost like they're looking at a certain left-handed QB.

There is no chance the team is drafting OL. None.

1 minute ago, JoggingGod said:

This “new” front office is ****ing garbage. They filled one hole of slot corner, got worse on OL, and lost all leverage in a Trent trade. This is a re-skinned Bruce regime and you homers will fall for it for the next 2 years.

You my friend are a ray of sunshine!

6 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I disagree. They're drafting a QB and with so much invested in the right side, it's almost like they're looking at a certain left-handed QB.

There is no chance the team is drafting OL. None.

They'd be foolish to plan around drafting Tua with Miami sitting a spot in front of them, with a much higher amount of draft capital.

1 minute ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Conservative spending aside, they are running out of excuses for not resigning Scherff or restructuring Kerrigan.

That, or they are letting the market set itself to use that as a starting point for negotiations, rather than the franchise tag price  point.

Just now, HTTRDynasty said:

They'd be foolish to plan around drafting Tua with Miami sitting a spot in front of them, with a much higher amount of draft capital.

Yes and no. Depends on if the Lions are in win now mode and want a mix of players and picks. Miami has more draft capital but Chargers have more young players in positions of need for the Lions. Tillery, Adderly, Desmond King, even Melvin Ingram. I can't think of a single player on Miami teams would be interested in. 

Do I think it's gonna happen? Probably not, but let's not discount that the Chargers have a lot of capital if they wanted to move up. 

Archived