Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming

UKskins

1 minute ago, Koolblue13 said:

Stop making up pretend senerios just so you can be cranky. Save it for politics in the tailgate.

I’m not making anything up. I’m giving my opinion based on Ron’s past OC hires and Dan’s past 20 years of ownership that the only plausible reason Ron would retain KOC as OC is if he was essentially forced to do so. It’s very reasonable. So reasonable in fact that it’s upsetting to some because it might shatter the myth that the days of meddling are over...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

You want to ignore the most plausible explanation on why a proven defensive minded head coach In a brand new job would hand his offense over to guy who has been an OC for a single year under two offensive minded head coaches and produced the second worst record in the NFL. If KOC is retained he was in all likelihood forced on Ron by Dan. Simple as that...

Not sure what makes it the most plausible explanation other than you want to believe it to be true. You act like there's no way Rivera would ever hire a young coach or believe a young coach could be the best option. And there's nothing to suggest Rivera is actively biased against such coaches. Reminds me of this clip from Luc Besson's Joan of Arc movie trying to explain why a sword was in the field:

• Haha 1

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

I’m not making anything up. I’m giving my opinion based on Ron’s past OC hires and Dan’s past 20 years of ownership that the only plausible reason Ron would retain KOC as OC is if he was essentially forced to do so. It’s very reasonable. So reasonable in fact that it’s upsetting to some because it might shatter the myth that the days of meddling are over...

That's true if you ignore his success at the end of the year, his pedigree, all the players that want him to stay, his regard around the league, and just focus on what you want to. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jericho said:

Not sure what makes it the most plausible explanation other than you want to believe it to be true. You act like there's no way Rivera would ever hire a young coach or believe a young coach could be the best option. And there's nothing to suggest Rivera is actively biased against such coaches. Reminds me of this clip from Luc Besson's Joan of Arc movie trying to explain why a sword was in the field:

Look at his past OC hires:

Chudzinski

Mike Shula

Norv Turner

All with a ton of experience. It’s running the offense under a defensive minded coach. It’s a major job. It’s not a position coach. 

2 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

That's true if you ignore his success at the end of the year, his pedigree, all the players that want him to stay, his regard around the league, and just focus on what you want to. 

What pedigree? He went from quality control to OC in name only. He was backup QB for the Pats the year Brady was hurt. What success? The 2nd worst record in the NFL in his only year as OC?

2 minutes ago, Bigmuss1 said:

I find myself wanting everything new, however, if it’s best for Haskins and the team then hopefully the choice is for him to stick.  

Although, I am not fond of Run, Run, Pass. Repeat. Play calling....

I feel you man but I thought about this alot this season.  While im not a fan of watching that crap over and over again.  I do think that what Callahan was trying to do was to force the team to understand that winning 1 on 1s at the LOS was the most important thing they could do.  I also think that it was forced on KOC.  I think he will run more of a balanced attack because of his understanding of this now.  Regardless, the key to Haskins development in this season was the ability we had in the running game and it was the major cog in the wheel that allowed him to grasp what was happening.  I still want to see a lot of running next year with Peterson/Guice and Love. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeverSurrender said:

I heard that all but 4 coaches were given their walking papers.  I also heard that KOC is staying as OC.  The Sp. Teams coach is staying as well as RB coach and 1 unamed coach that we will hear about later.  

Considering that report came out, and now we find out Rivera will interview O’Connell, I’m not sure we should assume those others are staying.  Rather, they will be interviewed and decisions made accordingly (IMO).  

1 minute ago, skinny21 said:

Considering that report came out, and now we find out Rivera will interview O’Connell, I’m not sure we should assume those others are staying.  Rather, they will be interviewed and decisions made accordingly (IMO).  

They're hunting leaks also.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

What pedigree? He went from quality control to OC in name only. He was backup QB for the Pats the year Brady was hurt. What success? The 2nd worst record in the NFL in his only year as OC?

I strongly disagree that the only reason KOC would be kept would be due to meddling.

But this is where I agree on KOC and have my reservations on him. 

23 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I strongly disagree that the only reason KOC would be kept would be due to meddling.

But this is where I agree on KOC and have my reservations on him. 

So you agree he probably isn’t qualified but believe that Ron would hire a coach he hasn’t worked with before who has 1 year experience to run the offense on his own without being nudged by Dan? Come on dude. You’re smarter than that.

1 hour ago, SoCalSkins said:

Dan will let Ron pick any OC of Ron’s choosing as long as it’s KOC. He has to appease Haskins otherwise Dan’s one on one meetings with Dwayne would be awkward... 

The whole “interview” process seems like a sham as well. Ron is going to hand him the job because that what ownership wants him to do. I honestly think that’s how this whole thing went down. Hopefully it works out and it’s a moot point but if it’s not it will come out in a couple years and we will be shocked that more of the same continued from before day 1...

:ols:

broken-record-gif-5.gif

• Haha 2

So, can anyone here determine if KOC is the wonderboy that he is/was supposed to be based on the final 8 games of the year?  My assumption is that a 3 hour interview won't tell the tale either, but Rivera should have the authority to put together his own staff.  Anything less would undermine him from day 1.

I have to assume if KOC returns, it will be because Rivera was impressed enough, and also got proper intel from other sources.

EDIT:  So there was an article published yesterday on riggosrag indicating that five coaches, including O'Connell, were being retained and that all others were let go.  It turns out that those 5 coaches are not necessarily "retained," but instead just haven't been immediately let go. 

Edited by kfrankie

2 minutes ago, kfrankie said:

So, can anyone here determine if KOC is the wonderboy that he is/was supposed to be based on the final 8 games of the year?  My assumption is that a 3 hour interview won't tell the tale either, but Rivera should have the authority to put together his own staff.  Anything less would undermine him from day 1.

I have to assume if KOC returns, it will be because Rivera was impressed enough, and also got proper intel from other sources.

The wondeboy’s last 2 bosses were fired. He contributed to the second worst record in the NFL in his only year as OC. That’s his record. Anything else is pure speculation and conjecture. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The wondeboy’s last 2 bosses were fired. He contributed to the second worst record in the NFL in his only year as OC. That’s his record. Anything else is pure speculation and conjecture. 

And screaming from every mountaintop you can find that if Rivera hires KOC the only possible reason is because Dan made him isn't speculation and conjecture? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dude, get some fresh air.  Go outside and get some sunshine.  I'm worried about you. You've been playing the "devil's advocate" card for 2 days repeating the same made up garbage.  The fact is that Rivera is interviewing KOC, not just handing him the job.  Your theories and prognostications are on the level of Chris Russell, one of the most negative radio personalities out there who is ALWAYS looking for some conspiracy theory.  You're cluttering what should be meaningful conversation with the same talking points over and over just to try and win others to your agenda-driven side.  Get over it. And get over yourself while you're at it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

So you agree he probably isn’t qualified but believe that Ron would hire a coach he hasn’t worked with before who has 1 year experience to run the offense on his own without being nudged by Dan? Come on dude. You’re smarter than that.

I didn’t say he isn’t qualified. I just don’t know what would decide that one way or the other. That’s up to Rivera to figure out in the interview. 

Look at his past OC hires:

Chudzinski

Mike Shula

Norv Turner

All with a ton of experience. It’s running the offense under a defensive minded coach. It’s a major job. It’s not a position coach. 

And so what? You're trying to extrapolate three individual hirings and decisions made at specific points in time to a current decision under different circumstances.  Not to mention, when Rivera hired Chudzinski, Chudzinski was 43 years old. He had some experience (though only two years as a pro coordinator), but wasn't exactly a grizzled vet. Also, Rivera, as a rookie head coach in 2011, might not make the same decisions as Rivera, a veteran head coach, in 2019 might make. Shula was an internal promotion after Chudzinski got a head coach job (not unusual when a guy gets hired away). Turner was a replacement for Shula, who was fired for poor performance. But this is a different situation all together, any the available candidates are also quite different.

Edited by Jericho

33 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The wonderboy’s last 2 bosses were fired. He contributed to the second worst record in the NFL in his only year as OC. That’s his record. Anything else is pure speculation and conjecture. 

How do you know how much rein he was given to run the offense his way? We know from multiple reports that Callahan wanted to run a conservative offense with a rookie QB so KOC prob worked under some constraints. You keep harping that he had the 2nd worst record in the NFL - last I checked one side of the team is not solely responsible for the record.