Jump to content
Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

OC - Scott Turner incoming


UKskins
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:
So it sounds like the he kept the specials teams coach but KOC probably not gonna be the guy.

Really interesting interview - thanks for sharing.

 

Confirmation of the 4-3

 

As you say, Ron is talking about "going after" an OC and liking the guys they're bringing in. 

 

Wants to play the run and physical football

 

Reached out to Gibbs who invited him to his house and they spent an afternoon talking Redskins football.

 

Really excited about this new era.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, UKskins said:

As you say, Ron is talking about "going after" an OC and liking the guys they're bringing in. 

 

Hey now that you've got a successful thread, you ought be cognizant about changing the title too much or too often. Really threw me off. I had to double take the first page for a minute. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

 

Hey now that you've got a successful thread, you ought be cognizant about changing the title too much or too often. Really threw me off. I had to double take the first page for a minute. 

Haha sorry - think that's the first time I changed it, mainly because it doesn't sound like KOC will be sticking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wait, guys. This can’t be right. Rivera was mandated by Snyder to keep KOC. There must be some mistake...

 

 

Snyder clearly has someone else in mind will be the response I suspect you'll get. Make the facts fit the narrative, not the other way round. 😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wait, guys. This can’t be right. Rivera was mandated by Snyder to keep KOC. There must be some mistake...

 

 


It’s not even that we aren’t keeping a 20-something frat boy looking kid.

 

Its that we’re dedicated to the run.

 

Should make for real exciting games.  Like the most high scoring, interesting football games, that I really enjoy watching us play.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Wait, guys. This can’t be right. Rivera was mandated by Snyder to keep KOC. There must be some mistake...

 

 


The only way he was going to stay is if he was mandated. My man Ron didn’t put up with that nonsense. I’m very proud of him!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/1/2020 at 12:11 PM, KDawg said:


Agreed. However, getting to know a guys quirks matters. Professional or not. Haskins gets along with him. That matters, too. 
 

Im not opposed to any direction Rivera goes. And I’m not really a Commandant guy (except for now that I came up with the Commandant title...) but it makes sense to see it through with him for a season. 

No one else is gonna call him that, regardless of how often you call him that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

 

On to the next villainous tale.

 

Haskins is reading all of SocalSkins posts. We know he’s big into social media. He’s seeing the posts and knows he’s caught so he’s changing the game plan to make sure he’s not found out going forward. Sneaky sum****

 

also he eats babies and donates to the some child left behind foundation! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The days of coddling are over. Ron isn’t going to have his QB dictate his coaching staff over social media. He’s 1 of 52 and if he doesn’t get with the program he won’t be one of the 52.  It’s finally a new chapter. 
 

This OC hire was my litmus test and Ron passed with flying colors. I’m 100% team Ron!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

This is gonna be a boring football team again.

 

Any football that I can actually be emotionally invested in again will not be boring...as opposed to openly rooting for this team under Allen/Gruden to torpedo so hard that changes were unavoidable, which is what I've been doing (quietly very early on and then not so quietly at all by the end). That takes a toll, as a fan, even though it felt right.

 

Believing that we've potentially got our FO, coaching staff, and franchise QB in place come week 1 will be a refreshing change of pace. Being able to give full-throated support and actually CARE about the series to series minutiae again because the macro problems are no longer so glaring that they require a 3-13 season to root out...that will be fun. Even if Haskins isn't leading a high-flying scorefest right away. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

I mean from you smarter folks, so I can tell you you're dumb.

 

Here you go "butthole."

https://es.redskins.com/topic/431652-ron-rivera-to-be-next-redskins-hc-according-to-csn-post-game-show/?do=findComment&comment=11682723

.................................................................................................

O'Connell  )

 

Young NFL                         Similar to O'Connell                  Contemporary NFL                          Old NFL                               College

Dan Campbell ( ✓ )             Luke Getsy  ( * ‡ + )                  Ken Whisenhunt ( + )           Tom Clements ( ‡ + ✓ )           David Yost ( ‡ +      

                                            Shane Waldron ( ‡ +               Mike Mularkey ( * + ✓ )                     xxxxxx                              Dan Enos ( * ‡ ✓ 

                                            Klint Kubiak (  )                        Mike McCoy ( ‡ + ✓ )                                                                 Steve Sarkisian ( ‡ + ✓ ) 

                                                                                                Mike Munchak (  

..........................................................

*   = Played QB

‡   QB coach experience

+  = Coordinator experience 

✓  = Head Coaching experience

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So, Ron is 57. Jack Del Rio is 56. The list of contemporaries has guys of roughly the same age.

 

So, Whisenhunt is also 57. Mike Mularkey -- 58. Mike Munchak -- 59.

 

McCoy is younger at 47. However when Ron was a DC with San Diego, McCoy was the OC of Denver, therefore a contemporary rival who Rivera is familiar with. I think it's fair to conjure that Ron perhaps would seek to work with guys he's not only familiar with, either has history with coaching on the same staffs or a respected opponent he went against, but likewise a person of similar age, generation, (contemporary). 

 

I used 45 as the age cutoff between "young NFL" where Dan Campbell at 43 is listed, and the "contemporary" list. The "old nfl" I kept to guys in their 60s or above. So, Tom Clements at 66. I guess you could write down Jim Caldwell there under "old nfl" at age 65, as his name has been floated.

 

Edited by Monk4thaHALL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


The only way he was going to stay is if he was mandated. My man Ron didn’t put up with that nonsense. I’m very proud of him!

 

14 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

The days of coddling are over. Ron isn’t going to have his QB dictate his coaching staff over social media. He’s 1 of 52 and if he doesn’t get with the program he won’t be one of the 52.  It’s finally a new chapter. 
 

This OC hire was my litmus test and Ron passed with flying colors. I’m 100% team Ron!

 

Please stop inserting your own narrative into this and referring to it as fact. Just have a normal discussion like everyone else. 

 

You essentially turned yourself into an extremist on this narrative in the span of ONE day. You started by posting non-stop about how Ron shouldn't keep KOC because no matter what, the media perception would frame it as Snyder/Haskins running the show, and that should be avoided. Then within less than 24 hours you became so taken with your own logic, your entire mood had shifted and you started vehemently insisting that it wouldn't just be perception, it would be reality! 

 

Just sit down and take a breather, man. You've tied yourself to a post in the middle of the yard and then just run yourself around in circles for a whole day. You look silly as hell. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

 

 

Please stop inserting your own narrative into this and referring to it as fact. Just have a normal discussion like everyone else. 

 

You essentially turned yourself into an extremist on this narrative in the span of ONE day. You started by posting non-stop about how Ron shouldn't keep KOC because no matter what, the media perception would frame it as Snyder/Haskins running the show, and that should be avoided. Then within less than 24 hours you became so taken with your own logic, your entire mood had shifted and you started vehemently insisting that it wouldn't just be perception, it would be reality! 

 

Just sit down and take a breather, man. You've tied yourself to a post in the middle of the yard and then just run yourself around in circles for a whole day. You look silly as hell. 


I’m 100 percent vindicated. Ron would never hire KOC on his own and he didn’t. You’re  just upset Haskins doesn’t get to dictate his coach. Maybe follow your own advice and take your own breather. 

  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


The only way he was going to stay is if he was mandated. My man Ron didn’t put up with that nonsense. I’m very proud of him!

Or.... Snyder doesn't like KOC and felt he held back Haskins so he dictated to Rivera that KOC had to go. Just as likely as your made up scenario.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MisterPinstripe said:

Or.... Snyder doesn't like KOC and felt he held back Haskins so he dictated to Rivera that KOC had to go. Just as likely as your made up scenario.


Not correct. If KOC fit the profile of Ron’s previous OC hires then you could make that argument. In this case you can’t. There is no equivalence,

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:


I’m 100 percent vindicated. Ron would never hire KOC on his own and he didn’t. You’re  just upset Haskins doesn’t get to dictate his coach. Maybe follow your own advice and take your own breather. 

 

I'm one of the biggest KOC skeptics on this board. Never understood the hype and said so. I am not emotionally invested at all in whether he's hired. 

 

Rivera not choosing KOC completely undercuts your certainty that he was being forced to choose him. Twisting it and pretending otherwise is foolish. Just take the L and move on man. 

Edited by ConnSKINS26
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

The only extrapolation working from the idea that Ron's top choice isn't available is to start a sifting process. And interviewing O'Connell in the simplest conclusion is due diligence. 

 

The person who Ron thinks is the best offensive mind in the game, which arguably could be Sean Payton if you asked Ron, but his otherwise ride or die guy who he'd like to work with for his redemption story, is just not available. 

 

If one starts the interview process with the existing OC, O'Connell, stands to reason that a master list also needs to be explored and informal interviews need to take place simultaneously. An official announced interview would be kinda window dressing, for like, the final stages once the list has been whittled down and trying to seal the deal. 

 

There are certainly several seasoned NFL coaches out there available who have had head coaching experience and OC experience for years in the league. And some of those same coaches are ones that Ron has coached against, respected opponents (which is another attribute I'd propose is of interest to Ron).

lolwut?

13 minutes ago, Monk4thaHALL said:

 

Here you go "butthole."

https://es.redskins.com/topic/431652-ron-rivera-to-be-next-redskins-hc-according-to-csn-post-game-show/?do=findComment&comment=11682723

.................................................................................................

O'Connell  )

 

Young NFL                         Similar to O'Connell                  Contemporary NFL                           Old NFL                                  College

Dan Campbell ( ✓ )             Luke Getsy  ( * ‡ + )                  Ken Whisenhunt ( + )            Tom Clements ( ‡ + ✓ )              David Yost ( ‡ +      

                                            Shane Waldron ( ‡ +               Mike Mularkey ( * + ✓ )                     xxxxxx                                  Dan Enos ( * ‡ ✓ 

                                            Klint Kubiak (  )                        Mike McCoy ( ‡ + ✓ )                                                                     Steve Sarkisian ( ‡ + ✓ ) 

                                                                                                Mike Munchak (  

..........................................................

*   = Played QB

‡   QB coach experience

+  = Coordinator experience 

✓  = Head Coaching experience

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

So, Ron is 57. Jack Del Rio is 56. The list of contemporaries has guys of roughly the same age.

 

So, Whisenhunt is also 57. Mike Mularkey -- 58. Mike Munchak -- 59.

 

McCoy is younger at 47. However when Ron was a DC with San Diego, McCoy was the OC of Denver, therefore a contemporary rival who Rivera is familiar with. I think it's fair to conjure that Ron perhaps would seek to work with guys he's not only familiar with, either has history with coaching on the same staffs or a respected opponent he went against, but likewise a person of similar age, generation, (contemporary). 

 

I used 45 as the age cutoff between "young NFL" where Dan Campbell at 43 is listed, and the "contemporary" list. The "old nfl" I kept to guys in their 60s or above. So, Tom Clements at 66. I guess you could write down Jim Caldwell there under "old nfl" at age 65, as his name has been floated.

Oh yeah. That;s the good stuff. Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...