Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29089884/redskins-draft-buckeyes-de-chase-young-no-2-pick

But the Redskins did have a need for players who can be elite. They haven't had a first-team All-Pro defensive player since linebacker Wilber Marshall in 1992. Kerrigan is the only Redskins defensive player to make the Pro Bowl since 2013. Their most recent All-Pro player was punter Matt Turk in 1996.

Young believes he will be an elite performer.

"What I bring to the table, how I prepare, I feel I'll definitely make a pretty big impact on the field," he said.

There was plenty of speculation about Washington's intentions throughout the offseason, focusing on whether the Redskins should trade the pick. They need more offense and lack a second-round selection. However, all along, the Redskins made it clear it would take a lot -- "a Ricky Williams-type trade," one team official said, referring to a 1999 deal in which the Saints traded eight picks to Washington -- to secure a deal for this pick.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-why-chase-young-addition-gives-redskins-best-defensive-line-in-nfl/amp/

Despite opportunities to trade down in the draft order, the Washington Redskins decided to take former Ohio State pass rusher Chase Young with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. It was the right move, because the Redskins now have the best defensive line in the NFL -- and no, that's not an exaggeration. 

1 hour ago, 98ORAKPO98 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2020-nfl-draft-why-chase-young-addition-gives-redskins-best-defensive-line-in-nfl/amp/

Despite opportunities to trade down in the draft order, the Washington Redskins decided to take former Ohio State pass rusher Chase Young with the No. 2 overall pick in the 2020 NFL Draft. It was the right move, because the Redskins now have the best defensive line in the NFL -- and no, that's not an exaggeration. 

I hope this is true!!!

• Like 1

Ok, we got what we wanted. Was so glad once the pick was in it wasn't something like Tua or Herbert or even Simmons who I like a lot but not nearly as much as Young. 

Jack Del Rio is one of the happiest men alive in the NFL...  🙂  

Happy Travel GIF by Rick Steves - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

18 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

You know what, I'm probably just gonna contradict myself while countering this take, but if you look at NE, they've gotten by just fine not being able to draft top prospects.. It goes back to coaching and scheme. At the same time that counters my point about trading back for picks when they can find legit talent in FA with solid cheap signings and finding guys later in the draft. 

In terms of nobody expecting this team to be finished building in one draft, then when are we gonna be done? The Dline beef we drafted needs to get paid soon and some decisions are gonna have to be made..

Just throwing out a hypothesis here but it might be their QB too

18 hours ago, Playaction2Sanders said:

So why do want Young then if sacks are misleading??? 

And I love Mclaurin as well but what are we gonna do when defenses roll their coverages his way and shut him down next year? Cause that's what I'd do since we have nothing else for defenses to worry about?

Defenses were already rolling their coverages over to him this season when film of him destroying pro bowl corners started popping up

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

God Im so glad we lost those late season games. Imagine winning meaningless games and being stuck drafting the 3rd best OL

Amen to that. I had no problem openly rooting against this team because the big picture was Bruce would be out and Chase would be in.  

7 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Checks every physical box

Checks every personality box

Loves to work and improve. 

Coming into a strength, not a savior. 

This could be a franchise changing draft pick.

Sorry to bring this up but most of us were saying this about our first round pick in 2012.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Guys, I think we screwed up...

Skip not liking Young means Young will be a dominant hall of famer. :)

I bet he thought the cowboys selection of Lamb was the most amazing draft pick in the history of the draft. 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, RabidFan said:

Skip is a Cowboy fan so of course he hates us getting Chase.  He'll probably talk up Lamb being the next Jerry Rice.

Skip is a Cowboy diehard but he does love some Redskins players, he was a big RG3 guy, Doctson guy when they drafted him -- and oddly liked Keenum.

He is an Oklahoma fan, kept saying Lamb is the best Wr in the draft before yesterday (I agree on that point) so I'd bet he's on Cloud Nine

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Skip is a Cowboy diehard but he does love some Redskins players, he was a big RG3 guy, Doctson guy when they drafted him -- and oddly liked Keenum.

He is an Oklahoma fan, kept saying Lamb is the best Wr in the draft before yesterday (I agree on that point) so I'd bet he's on Cloud Nine

All three of those Skins players played in TX (as I know you already knew). He appears to like/pay attention to TX college players...despite being from OK.  Similar to a FL/GA thing...proximity and all I guess. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

Skip Bayless being stupid as usual

This may be the best news I have seen in months. Skip is a complete moron. Definitely easier to count what he has gotten right than what he has gotten wrong. 

He is such a dallast homer. Had dallast picked him he would talking about how Young would be terroizing the NFC East for a decade or more. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

This may be the best news I have seen in months. Skip is a complete moron. Definitely easier to count what he has gotten right than what he has gotten wrong. 

He is such a dallast homer. Had dallast picked him he would talking about how Young would be terroizing the NFC East for a decade or more. 

Bayless likes to hot take at times against the top player in the draft.  I recall for example he bashed Andrew Luck and would say to death RG3 is the better pick and player pre draft and post draft throughout 2012.

He's definitely a Dallas homer.  But I think with college players with him, he lives and dies with his preconceptions.  He's destroyed Cowboy picks and FAs before.  He tends to stick to his initial opinion on players no matter what happens. 

I don't mind him more than most because at least he knows football. Cowherd doesn't know squat, ditto the First Take guys.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Edit

Bayless likes to hot take at times against the top player in the draft.  I recall for example he bashed Andrew Luck and would say to death RG3 is the better pick and player pre draft and post draft throughout 2012.

He's definitely a Dallas homer.  But I think with college players with him, he lives and dies with his preconceptions.  He's destroyed Cowboy picks and FAs before.  He tends to stick to his initial opinion on players no matter what happens. 

I don't mind him more than most because at least he knows football. Cowherd doesn't know squat, ditto the First Take guys.  

I agree Cowherd knows less. But not convinced Skip knows that much football. And yes he can be critical of dallast players and still be an insufferable homer. It's like finger nails on a chalk board when he talks. And he wrong so much of the time. Which is fine. It's actually hard to do what those guys do and be right that much. Especially since I am almost certain they are forced by the producers to take opposite sides even if they actually agree. Two people completely agreeing with each other does not keep viewers or sell ads. So fair enough. He is just so arrogant about it all. And rarely ever admits he was wrong. 

BTW: He is also a huge Big 12 fan which is why he liked RGIII more than Luck - among others. 

• Like 2

Just now, goskins10 said:

I agree Cowherd knows less. But not convinced Skip knows that much football. And yes he can be critical of dallast players and still be an insufferable homer. It's like finger nails on a chalk board when he talks. And he wrong so much of the time. Which is fine. It's actually hard to do what those guys do and be right that much. Especially since I am almost certain they are forced by the producers to take opposite sides even if they actually agree. Two people completely agreeing with each other does not keep viewers or sell ads. So fair enough. He is just so arrogant about it all. And rarely ever admits he was wrong. 

BTW: He is also a huge Big 12 fan which is why he liked RGIII more than Luck - among others. 

I watch a lot of those shows for pure entertainment and have watched a zillion shows with Bayless.  He can ad lib football better from what I observed than the other talking head types (on those proactive type shows) by a mile including Redskins stuff.  I recall just on the fly he recalled the Patriots-Redskins game under Shanny which was referenced by someone years ago and Bayless could talk specifics of that game and then referenced another Redskins game. 

He has his faults but he watched a lot of college football and NFL and he's like an encyclopedia on some subjects including going way back.  I don't always agree with his opinions but I got to give him that he's not just talking about things he knows nothing about like some of the other blowhards.  

Its part of the reason why I think he's just doing hot takes just to do hot takes at times.  If you get for example Stephen Smith or Kellerman to ad lib football stuff they are totally lost.  Bayless can recite rosters, recall games and pays attention.  For example, Kellerman said a week ago the Redskins re-upped with Flowers.   He made that mistake because he was unprepared to ad lib on a conversation about players who departed the Giants when the conversation went off script.  Smith is comically off when he has to do that.  Cowherd sometimes, too.   Bayless rarely misses a fact.  His opinions can be looney but his info is typically on the money. 

I get anyone not liking Bayless.  But yeah as for knowing football and ad libbing on past games, rosters, etc -- IMO he is better than the other talking head types on those type of shows and by a mile.  As for him being annoying, that's a different subject.  I get that he rubs people the wrong way, he rubs me the wrong way at times, too.😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I watch a lot of those shows for pure entertainment and have watched a zillion shows with Bayless.  He can ad lib football better from what I observed than the other talking head types (on those proactive type shows) by a mile including Redskins stuff.  I recall just on the fly he recalled the Patriots-Redskins game under Shanny which was referenced by someone years ago and Bayless could talk specifics of that game and then referenced another Redskins game. 

He has his faults but he watched a lot of college football and NFL and he's like an encyclopedia on some subjects including going way back.  I don't always agree with his opinions but I got to give him that he's not just talking about things he knows nothing about like some of the other blowhards.  

Its part of the reason why I think he's just doing hot takes just to do hot takes at times.  If you get for example Stephen Smith or Kellerman to ad lib football stuff they are totally lost.  Bayless can recite rosters, recall games and pays attention.  For example, Kellerman said a week ago the Redskins re-upped with Flowers.   He made that mistake because he was unprepared to ad lib on a conversation about players who departed the Giants when the conversation went off script.  Smith is comically off when he has to do that.  Cowherd sometimes, too.   Bayless rarely misses a fact.  His opinions can be looney but his info is typically on the money. 

I get anyone not liking Bayless.  But yeah as for knowing football and ad libbing on past games, rosters, etc -- IMO he is better than the other talking head types on those type of shows and by a mile.  As for him being annoying, that's a different subject.  I get that he rubs people the wrong way, he rubs me the wrong way at times, too.😀

Can we get the best of both worlds from anyone ?

Rational opinons + Accurate Claims of Facts