Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

39 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

The most premature thread in the history of ES doesn’t jinx the Skins. 

Deep sigh of relief.  

If it wasn't for the fact that due to this godforsaken pandemic there is no turkey to be found (except for the live, wild ones that might slice me in half) I would've put a hurting on some, just to seal the deal.

Glad my services were not needed

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If it wasn't for the fact that due to this godforsaken pandemic there is no turkey to be found (except for the live, wild ones that might slice me in half) I would've put a hurting on some, just to seal the deal.

Glad my services were not needed

I roasted and carved a turkey for you.

You’re welcome. 

• Like 1

You cannot trace the careers of Ron Rivera and Jack Del Rio — or ponder how their defensive minds will impact the Washington Redskins — without thinking about elite pass rushers. They’re all over both of their football lives, enriching and influencing them.

Ohio State defensive end Chase Young, the No. 2 pick in the NFL draft Thursday night, could be Washington’s defensive franchise player. Despite the excitement of his arrival, it’s best to try to temper expectations on draft night because there are no guarantees. But you need no qualifiers in saying this: Young is merely the latest quarterback-chomping phenom to rub shoulders with Rivera and Del Rio, and their handling of past ones suggests this is going to be a really fun partnership.

• Like 4

CxnqKc6p_reasonably_small.jpg

Ron Rivera said often the Redskins needed an "impact" player at two. Now the coach revealed they only thought three players fit that assessment. Who besides Chase? Ron wouldn't say. We could guess Burrow. But then...?

uS46lw5c_reasonably_small.jpg

Ron Rivera on whether Chase Young is the best player in the #NFLDraft2020

NFLDraft2020.png
"I believe so. I feel very very fortunate to be able to get him. I most certainly do believe he's the best". #Redskins

PtGuwzAJ_reasonably_small.jpg

Chase Young is one of the best DE's I ever scouted. Better athlete than Mario Williams, more productive & healthier than Jadeveon Clowney, more consistent than Myles Garrett & more instinctive & productive than Julius Peppers in college

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/redskins-linebacker-thomas-davis-compares-chase-young-julius-peppers

In looking at Chase Young, the Redskins' first-round pick in the 2020 NFL Draft, Davis sees a lot of similarities with his former teammate.

"You know, the size, physical stature, relentless effort, motor, dominating the man across from him," Davis told the Redskins Talk crew during Thursday night's "On The Clock" show. "I would say that sounds a lot like what Julius Peppers was able to do early on in his career, and throughout his whole career."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/04/23/redskins-draft-chase-young/?outputType=amp

Kyle Smith, the team’s vice president of player personnel, made a strong case for taking Young early in the offseason, but Rivera seemed sold after a glitch in Young’s combine interview schedule left him with an empty 15 minutes. Rivera pulled Young aside for a conversation that Rivera said “really helped me in terms of just solidifying who he was for us."

Smith said in the same video news conference as Rivera that he called former Ohio State Coach Urban Meyer on Wednesday night, just to be sure about Young.

“He was raving about the kid,” Smith said, adding that Meyer told him “[Young] has just continued to grow and mature since he stepped foot on that campus. He’s a perfectionist, he’s a self-starter, all the things you look for in a football player. He’s wired the right way.”

The Redskins were so settled on Young that they turned down at least two significant offers in the past week from teams looking to trade for the second overall pick, a person familiar with the offers said Thursday.

One of those teams was offering draft picks as well as a top player who wanted to be traded from that club. The person, who did not identify the two teams, said that the player the Redskins coveted most after Young was Ohio State cornerback Jeff Okudah and that the team might have been more open to a trade if it could ensure it would land Okudah after moving back. The Detroit Lions drafted Okudah with the third overall pick Thursday night. Fox Sports reported Thursday that Washington rejected a move by the Atlanta Falcons, who entered the first round with the 16th selection, to trade for the second pick.

• Like 1