Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

I've wondered what the plan is with Ryan kerrigan now that chase young is here. You don't sit the number 2 pick in the draft and we just drafted sweat pretty high. 

I do think Ryan could play inside at times. Will be interesting to see how del Rio uses the bunch and if we will see schemes with kerrigan sweat and young on the field at the same time. 

Edited by sportjunkie07

7 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I've wondered what the plan is with Ryan kerrigan now that chase young is here. You don't sit the number 2 pick in the draft and we just drafted sweat pretty high. 

I do think Ryan could play inside at times. Will be interesting to see how del Rio uses the bunch and if we will see schemes with kerrigan sweat and young on the field at the same time. 

I could see Kerrigan starting the year for either Sweat or Young, but it won't last. Eventually, Kerrigan becomes a sub or a 3rd down only package guy. I was at Sean Taylor's first game and he didn't start nor did he play a lot. It takes some time for rookies to get adjusted, and you can see Sweat last year. You have to play who is better for the team at that moment. It could end up being Young and Sweat. But part of me thinks that early on, it could be Kerrigan before the younger guys just start playing better. 

The Forgotten Man.

Whenever people list our talent on DL, they always leave out this guy.

At his current pace, he will become a commodity.

Watch him just bulldoze right over Pat's RT Cannon...and then the same exact thing against Dallas' RT...and so on.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 6

I like Settle. He has flashed as a rotational guy. Hopefully, he continues to improve. If so, he makes future cap decisions a little harder... and a little bit easier.

38 minutes ago, sportjunkie07 said:

I think Rivera already covered it. Defensive linemen don't play every snap. They rotate. The question is, can they figure out the right balance to optimize Kerrigan, Sweat, and Young. It's a good problem to have. Not to mention, three really isn't too many. D Tackle with Allen, Payne, Ion, and Settle gets much more confusing. Then again, I love this group. Every single one of them can start and be good. Many of them can be very good or even great.

Is it just me or did Chase Young get very little coverage during the draft?  I mean any other team drafts Chase Young and they are blowing them all draft long. We take him get a quick oh yeah he’s awesome and what’s Detroit going to do. After the draft freaking crickets on Chase Young. Really surprising 

• Like 1

I love, love, LOVE, this pick. Other than perhaps Scary Terry, we didn't have a real difference maker on this team and haven't had one in a very long time. Between him and Sweat, I'm getting flashbacks of Manley and Mann. Chase, plus Rivera/Del Rio is going to be a whole different experience for our opponents and us fans.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lovi said:

Is it just me or did Chase Young get very little coverage during the draft?  I mean any other team drafts Chase Young and they are blowing them all draft long. We take him get a quick oh yeah he’s awesome and what’s Detroit going to do. After the draft freaking crickets on Chase Young. Really surprising 

I thought he got a pretty good amount of chat on ABC. It was a little weird how much time they devoted to him liking to sing, but I've been in the newsroom where  someone says, "Hey! I got something a little different and fun!" and we decide that instead of rehashing the stuff that's been said for months to go with the new angle.

Just now, Burgold said:

I thought he got a pretty good amount of chat on ABC. It was a little weird how much time they devoted to him liking to sing, but I've been in the newsroom where  someone says, "Hey! I got something a little different and fun!" and we decide that instead of rehashing the stuff that's been said for months to go with the new angle.

Ok I was watching the nfl network stream. Maybe the ABC one gave him more coverage. 

8 minutes ago, Lovi said:

You would think the best player in the draft would get more coverage.  It’s been lacking.

• Like 2