Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 hours ago, bowhunter said:

If you think Ron is being roasted for letting Trent, Scherff and Moses walk, just wait and see what happens when we have no DEs next year. This team floundering with no DE or LBs will have this board smoking.

One of them is being franchised and we should have no problem signing the backups

2 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Sounds like your injury was similar to former Redskin Kyshoen Jarrett? I guess it's possible Young's is similar as well...

Not entirely sure, but I recovered from mine and the trainer (and then doctor) didn’t seem too concerned with the time it was taking. But maybe they were playing it cool because I was a kid (16 or so at the time) and it could have been more serious, and I got lucky? I really don’t know, I just know that what happened to me was only ever called a “stinger” but was more serious than what people are describing in the thread. My main point though is that we think it’s a stinger because Rivera is calling it that in his pressers, and that used to be a fairly common term for a broad variety of nerve injuries. We don’t really know what further information he has. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ExoDus84 said:

What are you talking about? Cameras caught him in action just last season.

chase bigfoot.jpg

Thats Predator stealth mode

image.jpeg.f662a8e00a834fae57dbb81aed0ee0f6.jpeg

I imagine him smoking alot and being way into baldurs gate 3 atm

Edited by dunfer
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, madden lot said:

It's sad when we let our emotions get the best of us because a player doesn't meet our expectations. 

Well the expectation for Chase Young was Lawrence Tayler.  You don't get the #2 pick very often.  I think he's a good guy, but us fans watch the NFL to win.  You know how sick I am having Dallas and Philly roll all over us every single year?  I haven't fully given up on him, but it doesn't look promising.  

• Like 9

22 hours ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Well the expectation for Chase Young was Lawrence Tayler.  You don't get the #2 pick very often.  I think he's a good guy, but us fans watch the NFL to win.  You know how sick I am having Dallas and Philly roll all over us every single year?  I haven't fully given up on him, but it doesn't look promising.  

I'm still disappointed by Orakpo's career in that regard.  He seemed to have all the tools---but sadly not enough "moves".  I blame the coaches.

Edited by Leonard Washington
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Leonard Washington said:

I'm still disappointed by Orakpo's career in that regard.  He seemed to have all the tools---but sadly not enough "moves".  I blame the coaches.

mabye lb and de is a position you cant coach up. Youd think if it was possible , a couple of linebacker coaches would know how to

1 hour ago, TheShredder said:

I don't think he's injured.

I think it's more likely that he refuses to play meaningless football in the last year of his contract. If my guess is right then he will be there Week 1 padding his stats. This is the hyper egomaniac playing for the big bag, 'ugh, ya know'.

media built him up to be a superman in the draft.

we bought into it, but he really did

• Like 2

12 hours ago, dunfer said:

media built him up to be a superman in the draft.

we bought into it, but he really did

It wasn't just the media. Most every GM would have jumped at the chance to take Chase Young in that draft.

What a disaster this is for him in his contract year.  Now on top of under performing he now is labeled as injury prone.  

• Like 5

On 9/3/2023 at 9:08 AM, Darrell Green Fan said:

What a disaster this is for him in his contract year.  Now on top of under performing he now is labeled as injury prone.  

I hope he can find a way to play loose and "within the scheme" and have a great year. I'll be surpised if the things in bold don't at least weight him down mentally. Tough situation. Hoping for the best!

• Like 1

"There's still 9 days until the opener, Plenty of time for this to resolve itself.  I have no idea why anyone would suggest that a "stinger" would keep Chase out for opening day at this juncture, unless there's a more serious issue not being reported."

The term "quiet quit" comes to mind and I think he does not want to be on the field. Winners find a way.......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, cboatner said:

"There's still 9 days until the opener, Plenty of time for this to resolve itself.  I have no idea why anyone would suggest that a "stinger" would keep Chase out for opening day at this juncture, unless there's a more serious issue not being reported."

The term "quiet quit" comes to mind and I think he does not want to be on the field. Winners find a way.......

You converting dog years to human days or something?

Where did you get 9 days from?

• Haha 1

[Ben Standig] Commanders DE Chase Young will not play in Sunday's regular season opener and is not expected back until at least Week 3 with a neck injury, multiple sources tell The Athletic.

maybe we can still trade him for a royale w cheese? 

Edited by oraphus
  • Thumb down 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

He's a bust..the red flags were there.but nobody paid no intention to them. Disappeared in big games against elite competition in college,no combine/pro day workouts, him and his mom talking about how he needs to get sacks so he can get paid in his second year instead of getting sacks to be great and helping team win..they should just trade him for whatever they can get.

At this point the biggest concern may be if he will ever be able to wave his pompoms again and continue being a contributor to the cheerleaders.  I read somewhere that a stinger could really compromise his budding spirit squad career

Edited by stoshuaj
  • Haha 1