Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

12 minutes ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

To this point, Chase deserves better. I hope we spend money in the off season, wisely, and build a juggernaut. Wishful thinking, but can dream. Looking forward to 2021. 

I mean it’s his rookie year. Normally when you get studs at #2 like that you’re a bad team. He’s here for at least 4 more years.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chris 44 said:

Why does it feel like has more than 6.5 sacks?

Probably because he's just such an overall playmaker and game wrecker. So even when he doesn't get a sack many times he's causing havoc some other way. He also gets double teamed a TON which frees up other guys to be one on one and get pressures/sacks.

I think with Sweat emerging this year as a potential stud and getting our best interior pass rusher in Ioan back next season it's going to be harder for teams to completely focus on CY. That plus his experience and learning as a rookie will likely = more sacks next year.

ADD: Also note that having a guy in the upper right quadrant is a major boon for a team.

We have TWO guys who land there. That's nuts.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 6

On 12/7/2020 at 9:20 PM, KDawg said:

I actually didn’t expect it. On record saying it was a poor expectation since before he was drafted. 

It’s not Young’s fault that you bought into ridiculously copious amounts of hype.

He’s been fantastic.

Glad he is panning out.  I had my doubts initially since he didn't seem dominant like I expected but lately, he's been all that you could ask for.