Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

3 hours ago, bakedtater1 said:

Thank you btw...chase young is elite isn't he..he's like up there with the Lawrence Taylor Bruce smith reggie white dexter manley..I know those are some big names but good lord is chase ever a beast..I missed the panthers and niners game..its gonna start getting to where I'm real upset if I dont watch the team play.uggg..

He's a big time playmaker for sure, but I'd probably pump the brakes on the LT and Reggie comparisons in his rookie year. That being said, he certainly seems to have the ability and the work ethic to become one of the greats if he keeps it up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

He's a big time playmaker for sure, but I'd probably pump the brakes on the LT and Reggie comparisons in his rookie year. That being said, he certainly seems to have the ability and the work ethic to become one of the greats if he keeps it up.

Sorry I should have been more specific in my post obviously he's not that far yet but boy howdy with the rookie season he's had.. I'm just giddy thinking of the years to come

Edited by bakedtater1
  • Like 1

Maybe I'm slow and everyone already knew this, but right after Chase went out to him is when Haskins ran out there and did his cringy faux leadership thing.  You can see him enter the frame right at the end.  Can anyone imagine a more stark contrast on what leadership looks like?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Maybe I'm slow and everyone already knew this, but right after Chase went out to him is when Haskins ran out there and did his cringy faux leadership thing.  You can see him enter the frame right at the end.  Can anyone imagine a more stark contrast on what leadership looks like?

It came out later that Chase Young and Haskins talked on the sideline when he was benched that game and Chase's advice to Haskins is to show he's a good teammate by supporting Heincke

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

An individual swallowed up by the moment and everything going on his life. Young could’ve told him to do five cartwheels then high five Taylor and he would’ve done it. I have Compassion for the dude and hope he finds some internal peace with it all. 

Edited by wit33
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It came out later that Chase Young and Haskins talked on the sideline when he was benched that game and Chase's advice to Haskins is to show he's a good teammate by supporting Heincke

Ah.  Maybe Chase didn't make it clear but I'd file this under yet another instruction Haskins failed to understand.  Support from the replaced QB should occur on the sideline.

Edited by 86 Snyder
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Chase is a great addition. Great player. I like that he gave that advice. On the flip side, if you have to tell someone that, well there are not naturally and are not likely to be a good teammate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Chase is a great addition. Great player. I like that he gave that advice. On the flip side, if you have to tell someone that, well there are not naturally and are not likely to be a good teammate. 

Nah, one could say it’s out of pocket for him to tell Haskins to do that. I haven’t personally witnessed a QB become the ultimate teammate post getting benched in a game. 

17 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Nah, one could say it’s out of pocket for him to tell Haskins to do that. I haven’t personally witnessed a QB become the ultimate teammate post getting benched in a game. 

ok so again on the flip side of that, why would he then run out ? Wouldn’t be consider that borderline embarrassing? He didn’t have a clue, let’s be realistic here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PartyPosse said:

Jesus Christ. 

I won't derail the thread any further after this post, but I've definitely never seen that before.  So either Haskins knows more about leadership than literally every other quarterback or maybe he should have shown his support to Heinicke on the sideline when the offense wasn't on the field.  It was cringy, awkward, and if you watch Heinicke's reaction, deeply ineffective.

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

I won't derail the thread any further after this post, but I've definitely never seen that before.  So either Haskins knows more about leadership than literally every other quarterback or maybe he should have shown his support to Heinicke on the sideline when the offense wasn't on the field.  It was cringy, awkward, and if you watch Heinicke's reaction, deeply ineffective.

If you say so.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

If you say so.

I'm with @86 Snyder. I never seen some **** like that in my life. Chase is a young leader, captain, on this team and he's known for being vocal. Dwayne is basically the opposite and it came off as him putting himself at the center of a situation that was not about him. I really doubt Taylor wanted or needed to hear from Dwayne in that moment.

But whatevs, the Dwayne thread was locked for a reason and I'm not trying to beat a dead horse - or lion, as it were.

More importantly, Taylor has already won the respect and acceptance of Chase Young. That is HUGE! That means you can bet the team will rally around him if need be. I'm telling y'all, he could be the guy!! At least this Sunday if not beyond.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

It was a young guy managing chaos internally in front of a viewing audience. Was it awkward and out of place, 100%, but I don’t think it was selfish or did he have negative intent on his part. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. 

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

More importantly, Taylor has already won the respect and acceptance of Chase Young. That is HUGE! That means you can bet the team will rally around him if need be. I'm telling y'all, he could be the guy!! At least this Sunday if not beyond.

Young will support every QB whether they’re terrible at football or not. Just how he’s wired,IMO. It appears he wants to assist each dude in being there best for that moment and situation to be a positive force in the team winning games. 

Edited by wit33

3 minutes ago, wit33 said:

Young will support every QB whether they’re terrible at football or not. Just how he’s wired,IMO. It appears he wants to assist each dude in being there best for that moment and situation to be a positive force in the team winning games. 

Could be the case! IDK. But regardless, for any unproven guy on this team it's huge to get the support of the team's leaders, tone-setters and power-brokers so to speak. In that sense, glad to see he has Chase's support whether it was earned or not.

Now, I'd be more curious to know what Morgan and Brandon think. Those are definitely the leaders of the O.

• Like 1