Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

5 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’m going out on a limb by saying Curl in the 7th round is just as good value as Chase in the first.

He really is legit isn't he? 

He's a hard worker and obviously super smart. Could use a little more beef on his bones, but an NFL offseason training program should help him. 

edit: just saw he put up 24 225 presses at the combine, second most for DBs. Thats a lot of presses for a 6'2" guy who weighed in at 198lbs

Edited by XxSpearheadxX
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

He really is legit isn't he? 

He's a hard worker and obviously super smart. Could use a little more beef on his bones, but an NFL offseason training program should help him. 

edit: just saw he put up 24 225 presses at the combine, second most for DBs. Thats a lot of presses for a 6'2" guy who weighed in at 198lbs

I was down on him when he was drafted but I’ll happily admit how wrong j was.

2 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

I love the way baldy breaks down film..love it...so curl punched the ball out and we recovered? ..was the called reversed?..cause he made a short little comment about the call on the field

They blew a late whistle well after the ball came out and said the play was blown dead.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, redskinss said:

They blew a late whistle well after the ball came out and said the play was blown dead.

Yeah that was absolutely a ludicrous call. They blew the whistle like .1 seconds after the pile up started. Usually they'll wait for a couple of seconds and then blow it. Without that crappy whistle it would have been a TD.

20 minutes ago, method man said:

You cannot sit Curl next year for Collins and you can’t force him to play FS. 

Collins is moveable, his contract isn't that bad. 

also I've always wondered how Collins would do at linebacker... 

15 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Yeah that was absolutely a ludicrous call. They blew the whistle like .1 seconds after the pile up started. Usually they'll wait for a couple of seconds and then blow it. Without that crappy whistle it would have been a TD.

I know he was still moving forward, it wasn't like it was a stand still. The announcers said it was because of "his head and neck area" gtfo. I want things safe but for chrissakes

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, XxSpearheadxX said:

Collins is moveable, his contract isn't that bad. 

also I've always wondered how Collins would do at linebacker... 

I know he was still moving forward, it wasn't like it was a stand still. The announcers said it was because of "his head and neck area" gtfo. I want things safe but for chrissakes

I would absolutely teach him the fundamentals of OLB. I think he could excel.

I think we were playing Collins out of position much of his time here, and once they put him back closer to the line of scrimmage to where he was playing more of a linebacker/safety hybrid, he started to resemble the player he was in NY.  Of course, this is the NFL so the injury forced Curl to get more playing time than they probably were ready for, but sometimes the next man up surprises folks once they get out into the actual game.  I'll just say that having both players in 2021 isn't going to hurt. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Maybe Collins can bounce back. IIRC he was having a real good game against Dallas before he got hurt. I trust Del Rio can scheme something up that utilizes everyone's talents.

The JDR style defense is really SS friendly and Collins will probably be really good in it next year. I think having Curl gives us a lot of freedom to move Collins around too.

Thank you btw...chase young is elite isn't he..he's like up there with the Lawrence Taylor Bruce smith reggie white dexter manley..I know those are some big names but good lord is chase ever a beast..I missed the panthers and niners game..its gonna start getting to where I'm real upset if I dont watch the team play.uggg..