Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Redskins Chase Young DE Ohio State

Sacks 'n' Stuff

What’s with the two confused people on my post at the beginning of this thread? What was unclear about my post??

i didnt mean id laugh about the giants drafting him, i was Saying I’d laugh at the expense of the OP if it were to happen 😂 😂 meaning, at the idea of him going to another team after the OP had gone to the trouble of making a welcome thread, and thus assuming he’ll come to the redskins. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

The old saying that there are only 2 absolutes in life; death and taxes, I believe this absolutely.

Yes, everything points to the Redskins selecting Young, but one never knows what those nasty cheating NY Giants might do. Its not out of the realm of possibility that they make some sweet deal to Cincy and get Young; they seemingly have their future QB, and I doubt the Lions would go after Burrow, so I could easily see something like this happening, as much as I'd hate to see it.

Only way we will ever know for sure is when draft day gets here; but if it did, it would rival the big Elway or Manning circus events.

Besides, would anyone DOUBT that the Giants would do such a thing?

Edited by skins island connection
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, skins island connection said:

The old saying that there are only 2 absolutes in life; death and taxes, I believe this absolutely.

Yes, everything points to the Redskins selecting Young, but one never knows what those nasty cheating NY Giants might do. Its not out of the realm of possibility that they make some sweet deal to Cincy and get Young; they seemingly have their future QB, and I doubt the Lions would go after Burrow, so I could easily see something like this happening, as much as I'd hate to see it.

Cool. Then we’d trade the #2 pick to the Dolphins, Chargers, or Panthers. All of whom are in the top 10 and would be clamoring to trade up to draft Burrow. 

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

Cool. Then we’d trade the #2 pick to the Dolphins, Chargers, or Panthers. All of whom are in the top 10 and would be clamoring to trade up to draft Burrow. 

Well, I hope the draft team has a list of who they would take in the trade. With the help the secondary needs, it might be better to maybe do a combo of draft picks and vets; but then again, future picks wouldn't be a bad thing.

Edited by skins island connection

10 minutes ago, Gibbs828791 said:

You guys there is one way the skins dont end up with Chase and have no opportunity to draft him right....nightmare scenario...Burrow blows out knee, tears an Achilles, dislocates his hip etc...in the final game!

Ummmmm...he has no more games to play in for the remainder of his collegiate career...Hail

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Riggo'sRangers said:

Ummmmm...he has no more games to play in for his collegiate career...Hail

hes talking about burrow and hes right.

We need to get together and kidnap burrow for the game, then let him go afterwards. if we all wear ski masks or pantyhose on our heads it should work no problem

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

What’s with the two confused people on my post at the beginning of this thread? What was unclear about my post??

i didnt mean id laugh about the giants drafting him, i was Saying I’d laugh at the expense of the OP if it were to happen 😂😂 meaning, at the idea of him going to another team after the OP had gone to the trouble of making a welcome thread, and thus assuming he’ll come to the redskins. 

I dunno but my post immediately after saying I’d throw you out a window got a ****load of likes.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, EmirOfShmo said:

He was talking about Burrow not Young....

"nightmare scenario...Burrow blows out knee, tears an Achilles, dislocates his hip etc...in the final game!"

Got it...was thinking Chase. My bad...too many damn flights today.  

Edited by Riggo'sRangers
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gibbs828791 said:

You guys there is one way the skins dont end up with Chase and have no opportunity to draft him right....nightmare scenario...Burrow blows out knee, tears an Achilles, dislocates his hip etc...in the final game!

Gotta love the naivity of people.  One thing I learned long ago is to never say never, especially in the eyes of NFL strategy.

Now, naturally you get cudos for 'predicting' the most likely scenario, as the odds { at least right now } are stacked heavily in your favor, but until I hear the words from the commish stating Young being picked by the Redskins, I will sit on my sofa and wait, nervously, in hopes that the a-holes in NY don't try to undermine the Redskins and get their second coming of LT.

1 hour ago, Gibbit said:

hes talking about burrow and hes right.

We need to get together and kidnap burrow for the game, then let him go afterwards. if we all wear ski masks or pantyhose on our heads it should work no problem

Even if the pantyhose came from Rosie O'Donnell?  If that's the case, then I will wave at you as you go stumbling by... :silly:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Much more at the link above, but I liked the insight into his background here:

Background: Young’s father, Greg, is a former 6-foot-8 college basketball player at Bowie State, and is now a highly notable retired sheriff in Arlington County (Maryland). His mother, Carla, is 6-foot-2, and has worked for the federal government in the Department of Transportation for over 30 years. It’s easy to see where Young’s body dimensions, traits, and discipline came from. He also has a sister, Weslie, who played basketball at North Carolina Wesleyan (2015-2019). Chase was heavily involved in soccer and basketball growing up, which were the games that he initially loved the most.

He began his football career at six-years old, but his dad forced him to play with the older groups to develop his toughness. Playing in those circumstances taught him grit and a different speed of the game. Before being a product of powerhouse Dematha Catholic High School (Md.), he attended Pallotti High School. Transferring following his sophomore season to seek more opportunities and exposure, Young flourished during his final two seasons. Then, a part of a program that has produced notables names such as Victor Oladipo, Markelle Fultz, and Adrian Dantley, his continued basketball background spoke volumes. Fultz and Young still share a personal bond to this day as they were former teammates.

Edited by HTTRDynasty
  • Thanks 1