Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

On 12/4/2022 at 11:18 AM, 88Comrade2000 said:

I think after Russell Wilson, teams will be reluctant to trade for an older qb. Signing them as a free agent is easier.

Not just him but every quarterback that was supposed to be an upgrade on their new respective teams may have been a downgrade. Wentz worse than Taylor, Ryan worse than Wentz, Wilson worse than Geno, Mayfield is likely the worst on the Panthers roster, Watson hasn't played in two years but he looked like Mark Brunell is Bang's one cartoon from years ago, etc. Wilson could the worst of all of them. Thing is when was the last time a team benefitted from a quarterback move in the off season when getting one from another team? It may have been when the Vikings signed Cousins. 

I should add Brady too, but there was no compensation exchanged for that one. 

2 minutes ago, Busch1724 said:

Not just him but every quarterback that was supposed to be an upgrade on their new respective teams may have been a downgrade. Wentz worse than Taylor, Ryan worse than Wentz, Wilson worse than Geno, Mayfield is likely the worst on the Panthers roster, Watson hasn't played in two years but he looked like Mark Brunell is Bang's one cartoon from years ago, etc. Wilson could the worst of all of them. Thing is when was the last time a team benefitted from a quarterback move in the off season when getting one from another team? It may have been when the Vikings signed Cousins. 

The Rams last year. 😎

• Like 1

On 12/7/2022 at 10:14 PM, SkinsFTW said:

Goff is having the best year of his career. Over 3000 yards 19tds. 7Ints. 6th best QBR in the league. Detroit is averaging over 25 points a game.

With the Rams winning the SB the first year after the Goff/Stafford trade it would be hard to ever say Detroit will “win” the trade.

But they got a starting QB who’s playing well and a boatload of picks.  If they translate that into the playoffs this year and build on it, it Might end up as Win Win….

Goff was never a bad QB. He has his limitations for sure, but if you give him good protection he can sling it. 

I actually think the Lions should keep him and use the top 5 pick they're surely gonna get from the Rams to shore up their defense. They can compete in an NFC North that isn't that great.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Denver signs Russell Wilson for 250 over 5 years giving up 2 firsts and a ton of other picks and players and the dude looks done. I didn't expect Denver to even make the playoffs and I thought that Wilson was going to regress pretty soon but I had no idea it would be that bad.

Meanwhile Baker Mayfield who nobody wanted really comes back playing on a Rams team fielding a ton of backups and looks like a shorter version of Dan Marino.

The NFL has no idea what they are doing as far as QBs go. The only one worth the 40+M is Mahomes and maybe Allen but they throw the money at all of them (except for Mayfield lol).

Edited by SkinsFTW

I think the narrative on Russell Wilson is interesting.  And it all hinges on one play: not handing it to Marshawn in the SB.  If they just hand it off and Wilson is a 2-time SB champ, with all the wins and stats and accolades, he'd get a lot more leeway.  His SEA teammates aren't out talking crap about him, execs arent suggesting his legacy might be in question, etc.  I've not seen player's greatness be forgotten so quickly.  He's kind of corny and annoying as a guy, it seems.  That probably doesn't help.

12 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Denver signs Russell Wilson for 250 over 5 years giving up 2 firsts and a ton of other picks and players and the dude looks done. I didn't expect Denver to even make the playoffs and I thought that Wilson was going to regress pretty soon but I had no idea it would be that bad.

Meanwhile Baker Mayfield who nobody wanted really comes back playing on a Rams team fielding a ton of backups and looks like a shorter version of Dan Marino.

The NFL has no idea what they are doing as far as QBs go. The only one worth the 40+M is Mahomes and maybe Allen but they throw the money at all of them (except for Mayfield lol).

I’d add Burrow to that group with Mahomes and Allen.  But, yeah, I get your point.

6 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I’d add Burrow to that group with Mahomes and Allen.  But, yeah, I get your point.

Yeah, but isn't he still on that rookie contract? Unlike guys like Watson, Murray, Wentz, Wilson, and Carr.

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Carr has been benched.

They're smart. If he gets injured they are stuck. Just like Rivera if Wentz gets hurt. 

4 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Yeah, but isn't he still on that rookie contract? Unlike guys like Watson, Murray, Wentz, Wilson, and Carr.

They're smart. If he gets injured they are stuck. Just like Rivera if Wentz gets hurt. 

Yeah, Burrow is still on that rookie deal. He’s a guy I wouldn’t hesitate to $50M to when the time comes like Mahomes and Allen.  Herbert and Lawrence, maybe, but I’d want to see more.

• Thumb up 1

God i how Carr gives the Raiders a big middle finger and force them to cut him.

Carr would be idiotic to push back the guaranteed money he is due few days after the end of SB so Raiders can find a trading partner.  He has a no trade clause so Raiders can ship away for a ham sandwich.

Why would Carr intentionally hurt his future team.  A future team that is willing to call him their future…. Why would Carr hurt their future success for making them give up anything to the Raiders when he can just force Raiders to cut him so he can be a FA or pay him $40 million dollars.

Carr do the right thing!!!

It’s possible 3 former first round QBs could be on the move via a trad:

1. Fields, if the Bears choose to draft a new QB and trade Fields

2. Trey Lance if the 49ers decide they can’t go away from Purdy. 

3. Jordan Love, who’s entering the last year of his deal.  GB either needs to play him or trade him or he walks in FA for nothing.

The only one who almost certainly will be traded is Love.  

I have a feeling the Bears will stick with fields, though I would not.  We’ll see. Going to be interesting…