Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

On 7/27/2022 at 11:57 AM, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Yikes lol...Cousins' legacy so far:

I dont think people appreciate how hard it is to even get a QB at Cousins' level, let alone hope you get your hands on a unicorn like Mahomes or Brady.  

At best, the Vikes would have to hope to save some money to build up the rest of the team and hope they find a cheaper QB that can perform at 75% the level of Cousins.

10 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I dont think people appreciate how hard it is to even get a QB at Cousins' level, let alone hope you get your hands on a unicorn like Mahomes or Brady.  

At best, the Vikes would have to hope to save some money to build up the rest of the team and hope they find a cheaper QB that can perform at 75% the level of Cousins.

The bigger point imo is that you don't want your GM making comments like that about the team's starting QB. I'm assuming "burning it down" either means starting over at the QB position or going all-out at the position like the Rams did with Stafford (and ironically like the Vikings did with Kirk lol). Either way, not a good soundbite.

I know I shouldn't be surprised at how pathetic the ruling is, but somehow I still am.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/08/01/discipline-officer-requires-deshaun-watson-to-get-massages-from-browns-staff-only/

The six-game suspension handed to Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson includes an apparently unprecedented condition: Watson can only get massages from therapists on the Browns’ staff.

That mandate from Judge Sue L. Robinson means that Watson can’t hire his own therapists, according to Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

I thought he'd get 8. 6 is a slap on the wrist.

I know things were weird b/c of the new disciplinary guidelines, but this ruling still at least preserves the idea that the NFL can punish a player just for giving the league a black eye since Watson is not facing criminal charges. That is huge for future discipline developments. There was an idea that they lost the ability to do so.

jason-momoa-chair.gif

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34342566/nfl-appealing-deshaun-watson-six-game-suspension

The NFL on Wednesday appealed the six-game suspension for Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson, seeking a tougher penalty for violating the league's personal conduct policy in the wake of disciplinary officer Sue L. Robinson's ruling Monday.

In a statement, the league said it notified the NFL Players Association that it would appeal and then filed its brief Wednesday afternoon.

The league said NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will determine who will hear the appeal. Under the CBA, Goodell has the option to consider the appeal himself or he can appoint a designee to do so.

A source told ESPN that the league is appealing for an indefinite suspension that would be a minimum of one year (as it had previously sought), a monetary fine (which Watson was not levied initially by Robinson) and treatment that the star QB must undergo.

28 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Wow. Indefinite suspension possible….would he even be able to be any good when he returns, after 2 seasons of not playing at all?

Who says he be any good thus year after a 6 game suspension. He already missed a year and if he plays will

be rusty . 

Speaking of qbs;I can’t believe how everyone is penciling San Fran as a contender with Trey Lance. This is his first year as a starter and you expect to lead San Fran to goods things in year 1?

I think he’ll struggle in an up and down year.

4 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Speaking of qbs;I can’t believe how everyone is penciling San Fran as a contender with Trey Lance. This is his first year as a starter and you expect to lead San Fran to goods things in year 1?

He might.

Mahomes was pretty good in his first year after sitting behind a veteran though.  And both benefit by playing for genius offensive minds.  

So you never know.

Rodgers was also good his first year but he did sit longer. 

On 8/3/2022 at 11:25 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

He might.

Mahomes was pretty good in his first year after sitting behind a veteran though.  And both benefit by playing for genius offensive minds.  

So you never know.

Rodgers was also good his first year but he did sit longer. 

Trey Lance’s last full season as a starter was 2019. 2020 covid resulted him only having one game that year.

I don’t he’s going to be that great in his first year. All of his fellow draftees struggled last year.

7 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Trey Lance’s last full season as a starter was 2019. 2020 covid resulted him only having one game that year.

I don’t he’s going to be that great in his first year. All of his fellow draftees struggled last year.

All of this is fair, but nobody has any real idea.  Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius, and Lance has now had a full year in the system. Kyle also is the guy who got a historic season out of Griffin who we found out later couldn't read a defense at all.

I don't have a DeLorean Time Machine, but if there was one HC/OC I trusted to get a first year starter up to speed and contribute, it's Kyle Shanahan.  I guess, the second would be Andy Reid, who did it with Mahomes, and to a slightly lesser extent, McNabb.

It could be Lance stinks, and it could be he's rusty.  But I think there are too many factors pointing to the fact he's going to be in a perfect situation for him to dismiss that he really could hit the ground running.

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

All of this is fair, but nobody has any real idea.  Kyle Shanahan is an offensive genius, and Lance has now had a full year in the system. Kyle also is the guy who got a historic season out of Griffin who we found out later couldn't read a defense at all.

I don't have a DeLorean Time Machine, but if there was one HC/OC I trusted to get a first year starter up to speed and contribute, it's Kyle Shanahan.  I guess, the second would be Andy Reid, who did it with Mahomes, and to a slightly lesser extent, McNabb.

It could be Lance stinks, and it could be he's rusty.  But I think there are too many factors pointing to the fact he's going to be in a perfect situation for him to dismiss that he really could hit the ground running.

People are expecting San Fran to go the SuperBowl Thinking he would top Big Ben. He had a great rookie year but didn’t win the SuperBowl until the next year.

He played at North Dakota. Yeah, I think that’s same school as Carson but he played much less.

Doesn’t matter if his coach is 28-3 Kyle; I think the kid will struggle in his first year.  Maybe he plays well, San Fran has a another wild card appearance.

I don’t think Kyle is that great. Sean Mcvay is a better coach than him.

Maybe you and the pundits will be right, maybe I will.  We’ll just see.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Did you not see the NFFCG where the 49ers almost beat the Rams, after beating the Packers with a clearly inferior team. And they were beating the Chiefs in the SB a few years earlier. Their new QB might not be that good, but Garoppolo wasn't either.

On 8/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

People are expecting San Fran to go the SuperBowl Thinking he would top Big Ben. He had a great rookie year but didn’t win the SuperBowl until the next year.

He played at North Dakota. Yeah, I think that’s same school as Carson but he played much less.

Doesn’t matter if his coach is 28-3 Kyle; I think the kid will struggle in his first year.  Maybe he plays well, San Fran has a another wild card appearance.

One would think McVay, with two SB teams, would have a better winning percentage than .364 against Shanahan.

On 8/6/2022 at 7:04 PM, Ball Security said:

One would think McVay, with two SB teams, would have a better winning percentage than .364 against Shanahan.

Yet, he has a ring.

Tom Brady is New Orleans's **** but he was able to win a superbowl in 20 and division last year. 

Niners maybe Sean's kryptonite but he's had more success than Kyle. 

Edited by 88Comrade2000

On 8/9/2022 at 8:25 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Yet, he has a ring.

Tom Brady is New Orleans's **** but he was able to win a superbowl in 20 and division last year. 

Niners maybe Sean's kryptonite but he's had more success than Kyle. 

Both Sean and Kyle got an average QB to a SB.  

Then McVay got a better QB and won it.

Kyle is a hell of a good coach.  Is he better than McVay?  I don’t think so.  But that doesn’t make him bad.  Just maybe in the 5-10 range and I put McVay 1-5. (I put Reid, McVay, Belichick and Harbaugh as my top 4. I put Shanahan right after that somewhere.)