Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

8 minutes ago, Llevron said:

They had to sign him when they did. But they surprising found themselves in position to not be left holding the bag if he is offered more money when that time comes. Cause they have to pay those weapons. And if they have to pay him too they are ****ed. Now they don’t lol

Yep.

They gonna get weapons. Likely young ones.

Don't mean they for him 😅

Falcons defense is good enough they could be favorites to win their relatively weak division this year and maybe next. 

It's like trying have cake and eat it too retooling the roster and being competitive, instead of being intentionally terrible for high draft picks to help rebuild the roster via a conventional rebuild.

e05b4cb8-3825-4533-88e0-610bfad1d636_text.gif

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

2021 was brutal draft for qbs. 5 taken in the first round but only Trevor Lawrence is still with their team and starting.

2022 only had one first rounder- Kenny Pickett and he's already gone from Pittsburgh.

2023 had 3 first rounders. Anthony Richardson got injured, so unknown about him. Bryant Young had a brutual first year. CJ Stroud looks to be a star.

This year had 6 qbs taken in the first round. 6 of the first 12 picks were qbs.

How will these QBs do?

Caleb Williams- Could be battling our own Jayden Daniels for rookie of the year.  Bears are surrounding him with talent. Big question is coaching. I have this feeling Caleb will have a different head coach before he can really take off.

Jayden Daniels- The concern with him, can his small frame handle the hits of the nfl. If he can, I think we will have our 10 year qb.  Of course, we have get him the offensive line.

Drake Maye- Will Mayo be better than Bill has been post Tom?  They can't do what they did to Mac Jones.  They need to surround him with talent or he will bust.  They can sit him a year since they got Jacoby.

Michael Pennix- Considering he will be sitting on the bench for at least 2 years, don't know how his career turns out.  If Kirk plays poorly, he may get his chance sooner than later. I think the Falcons ride with Kirk for 24,25 and if they haven't achieved anything move on from him in 26.

JJ Mccarthy- He probably would do well to sit a year. Let them ride with Darnold for this year. Given how tough this division now is, he's more likely to bust than succeed.

Bo Nix- He's in a division with Mahomes and Herbert. Going to be tough.  I think he busts and gets Payton fired at some point.

Odds are strong that most of those 6 qbs bust. I prayer Jadyen isn't one of those busts. It would be nice if most of them succeeded though.

There will always be teams looking for qbs; so future draft picks will get drafted to be the savior.  I think the veteran free agent qb market won't be so hot anymore.