Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

I’m looking forward to see what happens to the 2021 first round QB class. It’s pretty much a lock that Wilson won’t get a fifth year. Pretty close to the same with Jones. Does Chicago move on from Fields for Williams? If so, what happens to those guys? Dallas spent a 4th rounder on Lance. But it’s hard to see them exercise that option for him.

7 hours ago, Ball Security said:

I’m looking forward to see what happens to the 2021 first round QB class. It’s pretty much a lock that Wilson won’t get a fifth year. Pretty close to the same with Jones. Does Chicago move on from Fields for Williams? If so, what happens to those guys? Dallas spent a 4th rounder on Lance. But it’s hard to see them exercise that option for him.

Its Lawrence and four busts. 

1 hour ago, zCommander said:

I've been wondering what it would take for the Jets to finally admit that Zach Wilson is a waste. They could have gotten Mitchel Trubisky and it wouldn't have been worse. I didn't expect the Aaron Rodgers acolyte in Boyle to be the replacement, but he can't be worse.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

As it looks like Bucs are making a late season push to the playoffs; Baker Mayfield may have revived his career. I think he gets a contract next year with either the Bucs or elsewhere.   No, it won’t be on the high end but I can see a 2-3 year deal with some decent money and short enough; so he can then get the big contract.

On 12/24/2023 at 6:35 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

As it looks like Bucs are making a late season push to the playoffs; Baker Mayfield may have revived his career. I think he gets a contract next year with either the Bucs or elsewhere.   No, it won’t be on the high end but I can see a 2-3 year deal with some decent money and short enough; so he can then get the big contract.

Mayfield seems like the epitome of an up and down QB.  If you give him 3 seasons, one will be questionable. He'll probably cost himself the big contract by throwing out a middling season in there.  .But then he'll find times to play like a guy that was once 1st overall 

• Thumb up 1

On 12/27/2023 at 12:59 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

They are getting rid of him in the offseason. They will have to cut him, as no one will trade for him.

He has a pretty big cap hit. Denver will be in a tough spot. An offshore service has MN with the best odds of getting Wilson followed by NE then Was and LV.

If we follow that the thread, then Kirk becomes available. Fields is also likely out there if the Bears grab Williams. 

I can’t see Payton content with a mid first rookie. I don’t think they have the draft capital to move up.

If I was Atl, I’d go big on Cousins. Not sure what their cap situation is.

Should be a wild offseason.

Edited by Ball Security

4 hours ago, Ball Security said:

He has a pretty big cap hit. Denver will be in a tough spot. An offshore service has MN with the best odds of getting Wilson followed by NE then Was and LV.

If we follow that the thread, then Kirk becomes available. Fields is also likely out there if the Bears grab Williams. 

I can’t see Payton content with a mid first rookie. I don’t think they have the draft capital to move up.

If I was Atl, I’d go big on Cousins. Not sure what their cap situation is.

Should be a wild offseason.

Denver will take the cap it, no matter how painful it will be.  If Arizona decides to do the same thing with Murray; they will have to take the cap hit.  Payton has moved on from Russ.

QB carousel will be spinning in 2024, though I think it will be more geared to the draft.  Those vet QB that will be available: Cousins, Wilson, Tannehill,etc.. are going to find there won't be many teams will to pay top dollar for aging vets.

Giants- Will they try to go with Jones again? Will they cut bait on Jones and go with a the 2nd tier qbs in the draft or sign a veteran?

Eagles- Set with Hurts.

Cowboys- Set with Prescott, at least for another year. Will they extend him or go with Trey or someone else?

Commanders-  Likely to have a Top 5 pick.  We are probably drafting Howell's replacement and moving on from Sam.

Bears-  Big decision.  Do they role with Fields and then either draft someone to help Fields or trade down. Reports are they are now leaning towards keeping Eberflus.  If he stays, I think they stay with Fields.   That would be a big mistake on both parts.

Lions- Golf has another year left.  I think they probably give him an extension, given the Lions success under him last 2 years.

Vikings-  Cousins is a free agent next year. The might draft someone to groom but I think they will either give Kirk another year extension or sign another veteran.

Packers- Love has done well enough, they will ride with him for another year. 

Saints- Since they are likely to make a coaching change, the new guy may want to move on from Carr?

Falcons- Could be making a coaching change.  Seems like a likely destination for Russell Wilson.

Panthers- They will ride with Young.

Buccaneers- Baker probably earns 3-4 year deal. Is it with the Bucs or not? Would Bucs try for Wilson instead?

49ers- Set with Purdy.

Rams- Set with Stafford.

Seahawks- Smith has 2 more years.Car

Cardinals- Will they go with Kyler who has 5 more years or move on from him and draft a QB?

Patriots-  Seems like they are will be drafting a QB to replace Mac Jones.

Bills- Set with Allen.

Dolphins- Set with Tua T.

Jets- Will try again with Aaron in 24.

Steelers- Do they go with Pickett again or maybe sign someone like Cousins or even Russell Wilson?

Bengals- Set with Burrow.

Browns- Will try again with Watson. Maybe they get a full season of Watson. Will be lots of pressure on him, if Browns go into divisional round or further.

Ravens-  Set with Lamar.

Colts- Will try again with Anthony Richardson

Texans- Set with CJ Stroud

Titans- Will go with Will Levis

Jags- Set with Lawrence.

Broncos- Moving on from Russ. Don't think the veteran options will be great. I could see Sean signing some vet as bridge QB to a rookie QB he will draft.

Raiders- Could Russell Wilson come here?  Or do the Raiders draft a QB?

Chiefs- Set with Mahomes.

Chargers- Set with Herbert.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 10:54 PM, 88Comrade2000 said:

Vikings-  Cousins is a free agent next year. The might draft someone to groom but I think they will either give Kirk another year extension or sign another veteran.

Since Kirk left, all Redskins passers in all games have combined for 119 TD passes.

Since leaving the Redskins, Kirk has 171 TD passes.  He missed 11 games along the way, including being injured for half this season.

14 hours ago, Tsailand said:

Since Kirk left, all Redskins passers in all games have combined for 119 TD passes.

Since leaving the Redskins, Kirk has 171 TD passes.  He missed 11 games along the way, including being injured for half this season.

What does that have to do with the quote to which you're responding? Just curious. If you're implying the Commanderskins should sign him as a FA, the team needs to look ahead, not to an injured played. People are going to look at A-A-Ron and how an achilles injury can set back someone. 

The reason we shouldn't consider Kirk is that we are a very long way from being competitive, both on offense and defense.  2024 needs to be a full reset year. We can draft a QB if the new head coach likes what's available, but otherwise we get a cheap bridge QB just to run the offense for a year.

38 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

The reason we shouldn't consider Kirk is that we are a very long way from being competitive, both on offense and defense.  2024 needs to be a full reset year. We can draft a QB if the new head coach likes what's available, but otherwise we get a cheap bridge QB just to run the offense for a year.

Then what's your point... ? He's not even on their radar and will have a bit of recovery himself.

21 hours ago, Tsailand said:

And won one more playoff game than the Rivera led Washington team.

5 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Then what's your point... ? He's not even on their radar and will have a bit of recovery himself.

His point is that he used to be a Washington fan, but started being a Vikings fan around the time that Cousins went to the Vikings, so now he needs to defend Cousins honor at all costs, and that teams not seeking a soon to be 36 year old QB simply aren't worthy of him.

• Thanks 1

Here’s my guesses:

- Chicago - Williams

- Washington - Maye

- NE - Daniels

- Atlanta - Fields

- Vikings - Kirk

- Saints - Carr

- Tampa - Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker

- Raiders - Jimmy aka Purgatory

- Seahawks - Locke (release Geno), draft penix. 

- Steelers - Russel Wilson AND Geno Smith

2 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Here’s my guesses:

- Chicago - Williams

- Washington - Maye

- NE - Daniels

- Atlanta - Fields

- Vikings - Kirk

- Saints - Carr

- Tampa - Baker Baker the Touchdown Maker

- Raiders - Jimmy aka Purgatory

- Seahawks - Locke (release Geno), draft penix. 

- Steelers - Russel Wilson AND Geno Smith

If Bill takes the Falcons job, he’s not going after Fields.  I see Kirk if he leaves Minny or Russell or Tannehill and Atlanta drafting a qb to develop under Ryan.

Looks like Jerry going to extend Dak for 2 years.

Edited by 88Comrade2000