Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Cooked Russ has been told, he’ll be released on the 13th when new league year starts.

It’s not just the most dead cap money in the history of the league, it’s more than number two and three combined.

6 hours ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

Kirk about to take Atlanta to the cleaners.

Vikings GM: "Our approach heading into free agency always included layers of contingencies regarding the quarterback position. We are moving forward with plans that will allow us to continue building a roster that can compete for a championship."

Translation: Kirk ain't gonna break us

17 hours ago, skinzplay said:

Vikings GM: "Our approach heading into free agency always included layers of contingencies regarding the quarterback position. We are moving forward with plans that will allow us to continue building a roster that can compete for a championship."

Translation: Kirk ain't gonna break us

Realistically speaking, you bring Kirk Cousins into the fold when you already have team that you feel is good enough to contend but needs a top 7ish QB to push them over the top. He is that guy and he can potentially do that with you. But you have his 3 year contract window to do it in because you have to spend so much money to keep him, much of the other top talent that he requires to win is leaving. The Vikings need to retool. They cannot do that with his albatross of a contract. 

Conversely look at KC. They have almost nothing to work with at WR. RB is pretty average. Oline is probably ok I guess. Nothing on that side of the ball but him and the TE. Pat holds that **** up himself and that's because he has to. They just don't have the funds to do much else on that side of the ball with his contract. Curtis Samuel is going to come in and be their best WR today and he was #3 here. That should exemplify the point. 

So it gets silly when the argument is distilled to **** like 

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I will never understand the hate Kirk gets, not just here but throughout the league.  Far more hate than comparable QBs such as Carr or Jimmy G. He maximized his position and leveraged that into a fortune, isn't that was America is all about?  

and

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

People love being schills for billionaires 

I don't think people really care how much money he makes. I think more than anything, and we as educated football fans should be able to understand and articulate that, this game requires healthy management of the salary cap and Kirk makes that difficult. Resorting to calling people schills and saying they are haters is just stupid, honestly. Its child level conversation. We can do better. 

Saying all that, I actually think he is perfect for ATL because they have a ton of young cheap talent on O that he is gonna make better. They just wont be able to add much help if they still need it. But defensively they are good! And on offense all they really needed was a QB. He should be able to do some work there is he is healthy. Seriously it would be hard not to be excited as a Falcons fan today. Zac Robinson should be able to get the best out of Kirk and its a system he should excel in. 

Honestly right now I would put my money on them being very successful in his tenure there. Will it be enough? Dunno! 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Shows you how far the vet qb market has fallen. Only Kirk made any real money.  True, Russ is getting paid by Denver but he’s only getting vet minimum this year from Pittsburgh.

Some former starters traded to be backups.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

So let’s see where we stand:

Falcons: Kirk

Seahawks: Geno, traded for Howell

Pitt: Signed Russell Wilson, traded for Fields

Patriots: Signed Brissett, had #3 pick

Commanders: Signed Mariota, has #2 pick

Bears: Have #1 pick

Jags: traded for Mac Jones to be a backup.

Philly: traded for Pickett to be a backup.

Rams: signed Jimmy G. to be a backup.  

Giants signed Drew Locke to be a backup.  

Who still needs a QB: 

Broncos 
Raiders

Vikings

Giants (starter for 2025)

Saints maybe? 

• 1 month later...