Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The QB Thread- Change is Name of the QB game

88Comrade2000

Weird **** how the Aaron Rodgers garbage is almost exactly the same bs that Favre was doing.

He's acting like he has a tough decision to make. As if his visit to a crack house might tell him to give up 60M dollars.

Now he's saying that there's a time limit and of course he's going to take it all the way to the last minute.

He thinks that he's giving the middle finger to the media but in reality all he is doing is giving them more crap to talk about over and over day after day.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SkinsFTW said:

Weird **** how the Aaron Rodgers garbage is almost exactly the same bs that Favre was doing.

He's acting like he has a tough decision to make. As if his visit to a crack house might tell him to give up 60M dollars.

Now he's saying that there's a time limit and of course he's going to take it all the way to the last minute.

He thinks that he's giving the middle finger to the media but in reality all he is doing is giving them more crap to talk about over and over day after day.

Name one thing that's similar to the Brett Favre saga.  I mean other than the Packers drafting his replacement in the first round three years earlier.  And off-season retirement questions.  And being traded to the Jets.  Okay, so maybe we've seen this one before.

• Haha 5

The QB market is shaking out.  Tomorrow at 4pm, teams can talk to Lamar.  Will anyone give him a call?

Prima Donna's weekly appearance on Pat Mcafee is tomorrow; so he might announce his decision.  It will be funny if he ****s both the Jets and Packers and retires.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

Does anyone watch The Pat McAfee show other than to hear Aaron Rogers speak? It seems like it is his personal radio show, just without being the host. Are there even any other guests?

He’s been doing it for at least a couple years.

Jets fans will be sad when the Jets fail to beat the top afc teams in the playoffs. Aaron will make the Jets a playoff team

but he won’t do any better there than he did in Green Bay.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, abdcskins said:

Does anyone watch The Pat McAfee show other than to hear Aaron Rogers speak? It seems like it is his personal radio show, just without being the host. Are there even any other guests?

Yes. It's my favorite sports show. It's a bunch of guys hanging out and talking football. AQ Shipley, Darius Butler and Pac Man Jones add a lot to Hawk and McAfee and "the boys" are at times annoying and at times hilarious. It's like sitting around talking about sports with your friends. First time or two I watched it I didn't like it. But then I got to understand their inside jokes and jargon and I came to love it. Have it on every day while I'm working and finish it before bed if I can. 

There are a ton of guests. Almost every day. It's fantastic.

As far as Rodgers goes, I don't get why everyone hates the guy. Yes, he has his own opinions. Yes, it's easy for some to disagree and some to agree. Yes, at times it seems like he's seeking attention. But ultimately, the guy is just a free spirited kind of guy. You should know what you're getting with him: He's going to create drama every off-season. But he can throw a football better than pretty much any other human being that exists. 

Is he arrogant? Yes. But he is also oddly humble if you listen to him. But he knows he's good, isn't afraid to tell the world he's good, but he's not an asshole about that. 

Edited by KDawg
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

^ Thank you. After I made that post I sort of realized that yeah it must be a legit show, clearly not just made for one person. The only time I ever see it mentioned is when Rogers is in the news. It also seems to be the only platform Rogers is willing to go on.  I'm not a podcast guy, never listened to one in my life (I know I'm weird, I just surf the internet constantly).

As far as Rogers I tend to agree with you. The only thing I would say is that he does seem a bit egocentric and attracted to drama. I understand the Jordan Love draft upset him a little bit but it really felt like a bunch of unnecessary drama. It's a team sport, you play on a professional franchise attempting to build a contending team every year. They can draft how they please. Just keep humble and grind and show them you are the dude, let your play do the talking. Every year for like the past 5 years I feel like I heard the same "is Rogers leaving GB" talk.

2 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

^ Thank you. After I made that post I sort of realized that yeah it must be a legit show, clearly not just made for one person. The only time I ever see it mentioned is when Rogers is in the news. It also seems to be the only platform Rogers is willing to go on.  I'm not a podcast guy, never listened to one in my life (I know I'm weird, I just surf the internet constantly).

As far as Rogers I tend to agree with you. The only thing I would say is that he does seem a bit egocentric and attracted to drama. I understand the Jordan Love draft upset him a little bit but it really felt like a bunch of unnecessary drama. It's a team sport, you play on a professional franchise attempting to build a contending team every year. They can draft how they please. Just keep humble and grind and show them you are the dude, let your play do the talking. Every year for like the past 5 years I feel like I heard the same "is Rogers leaving GB" talk.

He and Love actually get a long real well.

I think people misreport stuff on Rodgers all the time because he doesn't really talk to the media. He has a small circle, so people who quote "a source close to Rodgers" are generally referencing a FO type from the Packers... and they have always had a bit of an axe to grind with Aaron, too.

People blame Rodgers for all of this, but this isn't the first.

Favre (who is ironically suing McAfee for defamation... good luck, Brett :ols: ) was some smoke that people just kind of chalked up as Favre. And Favre is (allegedly) a dramatic kinda dude at times, too.

But look at the way they moved on from AJ Hawk, Clay Matthews, Favre, Rodgers, on and on and on. Green Bay likes to move on from guys earlier rather than later. Which is a good strategy that keeps them competitive. But GB also fuels some of this.

Rodgers is against a lot of the media because of that. For instance, the media reported he was going into the darkness on Monday. He didn't go in until Thursday. Which... no biggie. But it shows they aren't really connected to him at all.

Rodgers is typically very open and honest about his thoughts and intentions. So when he says something it has weight.

He does enjoy proving people are wrong, though. And he'll be dramatic to do it.

Everyone was on Rodgers for being a diva and taking too long to make a decision... But Rodgers made his decision five days prior to him saying it on McAfee yesterday... The Packers and Jets are holding it up arguing about compensation.

The wishlist... Rodgers said he was asked about what guys he'd like if he had a choice and he gave names... but essentially said he would play for the Jets regardless if they got all those guys or not. 

I like McAfee, most of the time. One nitpick that comes to mind is when they're talking about a subject (the subject being titled in the youtube clip) and instead of talking about said topic, they go off on a tangent. One clip comes to mind where it was a ten minute video about Washington and I was eager to watch. They talked about us for a couple of minutes (the intro), went into some weird, stupid chant for a minute and then completely talked about something else. The charm of the show comes from it being off the cuff, but at the same time, it needs a bit more structure.

3 minutes ago, Simmsy said:

I like McAfee, most of the time. One nitpick that comes to mind is when they're talking about a subject (the subject being titled in the youtube clip) and instead of talking about said topic, they go off on a tangent. One clip comes to mind where it was a ten minute video about Washington and I was eager to watch. They talked about us for a couple of minutes (the intro), went into some weird, stupid chant for a minute and then completely talked about something else. The charm of the show comes from it being off the cuff, but at the same time, it needs a bit more structure.

That's just cut up clips, though.

The show isn't a bunch of cut ups, it's a full 3+ hour show.

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

That's just cut up clips, though.

The show isn't a bunch of cut ups, it's a full 3+ hour show.

I understand that, but if you're going to put up a titled clip on youtube, the clip should have something to do with the title. Not that big of a deal, just one of my pet peeves. I'm loving his take on the whole Brett Favre thing, that alone should elevate his show's status and deservedly so.

Edited by Simmsy
  • Like 1

Just now, Simmsy said:

I understand that, but if you're going to put up a titled clip on youtube, the clip should have something to do with the title. Not that big of a deal, just one of my pet peeves. I'm loving his take on the whole Brett Favre thing, that alone should elevate his show's status and deservedly so.

I don't disagree with that take. But, I find it's easier to just watch it.

You're right, of course, that structure for things like that would help them. But like you noted, the charm is the tangents they go on. Their interviews where they start on one subject and start talking pickleball... 

One thing I've noticed after watching McAfee and then watching something like KJ&M is that KJ&M seems stuffy to me. Rehearsed. Forced.

And they are one of the more free flow ESPN radio shows. 

I wouldn't ever want to sacrifice that feeling if I were McAfee.

But I think you have a point with the clips. I just wouldn't change it. 

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I don't disagree with that take. But, I find it's easier to just watch it.

You're right, of course, that structure for things like that would help them. But like you noted, the charm is the tangents they go on. Their interviews where they start on one subject and start talking pickleball... 

One thing I've noticed after watching McAfee and then watching something like KJ&M is that KJ&M seems stuffy to me. Rehearsed. Forced.

And they are one of the more free flow ESPN radio shows. 

I wouldn't ever want to sacrifice that feeling if I were McAfee.

But I think you have a point with the clips. I just wouldn't change it. 

I like him, I would much rather him stick with his current format than try to change it over something as minor as that. However, I'm worried he might become a Joe Rogan if he becomes to popular. No reason to think that, I've just been burned before.

• Like 1

https://detroitsportsnation.com/breaking-detroit-lions-sign-qb-cam-newton/wgbrady/nfl-lions/detroit-lions-news/04/01/2023/400169/

The Detroit Lions have made a shocking move in free agency, signing veteran quarterback Cam Newton to a one-year deal. Sources close to the team say that Newton had a private meeting with head coach Dan Campbell and general manager Brad Holmes, and the three hit it off over some beers and mozzarella sticks.

😋

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...