Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welp...have we seen enough..?

bakedtater1

Did this really have to be a thread when the same discussion is pretty much being had in the Haskins thread already? 

But to answer the question....idk. I’m on the fence. I’d like to give him more time. But at the same time, i dont want to wait another two or 3 seasons and waste seasons that could be spent watching an even better QB from this upcoming draft lead us to the playoffs. I hate losing seasons. It’s just....not fun.

It's pretty close for me but not sealed.  Preseason was very meh and bland.  A couple of nice throws but just looked overall bad.  

His two starts haven't been anything special.  Some garbage time stats.  I can't tell until he plays the rest of the season.  Maybe he starts lighting it up more and improving rapidly which would be best case since they could get Chase Young or trade back and build around him.  If he struggles and just looks bad then you have to consider a Tua, Herbert, or Burrow obviously.  I lean to wanting Tua since if you get a Russell Wilson type that can make a HUGE difference.  

In Haskins Defense:  Our WR core is not very good outside of Terry.  Harmon will need the year to develop.  TE position is lacking with the injuries and Thompson has been hurt.  I'm actually glad to see him playing now and do hope he just really starts balling but if not then we can grab another one.  FO will be an issue building around anyone so Bruce will need to go.  Maybe 1-15 seals that.  

TL;DR:  I can't be 100% certain yet.  I will be by years end.  

Our offensive line is weak and we only have one good wide receiver so his supporting cast stinks right now.  But he is also making plenty of mistakes on his own.

The problem is when you are drafted in the first round you are expected to contribute faster than lower round picks.  Expectations are high.  Lets see if he can improve

in the off season.

What QB in this draft is better? Tua is paper thin and injury prone, Burrow looks great but still a one year wonder just like Haskins. Herbert is interesting but eh, I doubt he can turn this franchise around. We are really fooling ourselves if we think drafting a new QB is gonna save us. Give the kid some time, let's see what he can do and go from there. 2 starts isn't enough to consider him a bust.

no. it's not.  Unless something happens to prevent him from playing in the 2020 season it is impossible for him to be a bust during or after the 2019 season

God, the so called fans of this team.  You're begging for the team to finish 1-15 practically but you're still judging the players who you want to fail

You all disgust me

22 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Did this really have to be a thread when the same discussion is pretty much being had in the Haskins thread already? 

But to answer the question....idk. I’m on the fence. I’d like to give him more time. But at the same time, i dont want to wait another two or 3 seasons and waste seasons that could be spent watching an even better QB from this upcoming draft lead us to the playoffs. I hate losing seasons. It’s just....not fun.

Wouldn't expect less from ya champ..ya know I kid..figured that was just a welcoming him to the Redskins thread...I get where ya come from though lol...mods know what to do.

It's not like Gregg was putting up a true garbage time defense either. He was still bringing the pressure late. I think Dwayne figured some things out late and KOC was finally able to call his sort of game (something tells me it is not KOC who is leading the charge to run the ball every first down). Lets hope it comes down from the top that Bill leave KOC alone when it comes to playcalling

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

What the hell happened to "I want to see Haskins progress as the season goes on"?...When did it turn into "I want to be convinced after two starts"?

I’m sorry, I must have you confused with another Califan007 who’s been on these boards a while. I didn’t know you were new and thus didn’t know how absurd it is around here.

It’s also funny that we were all ok with Dwayne sitting for the year to get used to the speed of the game and because they rushed him in and he clearly doesn’t look ready then he’s a complete bust.

2 minutes ago, carex said:

no. it's not.  Unless something happens to prevent him from playing in the 2020 season it is impossible for him to be a bust during or after the 2019 season

God, the so called fans of this team.  You're begging for the team to finish 1-15 practically but you're still judging the players who you want to fail

You all disgust me

I hope this isnt directed to me?...I just started this for a place to debate the situation..****, if you ask me..I was to drunk and busy playing fetch with the dog..in side the house lol.. i do know the two opportunities in the redzone off of turnovers to walk away with 3 points sucked...the folks and I talked about Thanksgiving drank beer and watched the game..in that order lol

I don't know if he's a bust, I don't know enough about him to make that call but look at what the Cardinals did this year and it probably saved their franchise.

Let's not tie ourselves to a guy just because we made a bad decision if that ends up being the case.

I guess I'm way off seeing QBs come In to the league Instantly starting and having success...immediately...again..please dont label me as a fan saying haskins needs time..or that hes a bust...I'm neutral...only thing I say about it is is..with him only having one year under his belt In college i believe it was a stretch for the skins to pick him where they did.

5 minutes ago, bakedtater1 said:

...only thing I say about it is is..with him only having one year under his belt In college i believe it was a stretch for the skins to pick him where they did.

Somebody else probably would have taken him in that range mate. You're drafting off the traits with so little tape to go on. Which were sky high in that class. 

The problem is Snyder wanting him and Snyder, naturally, being the axis of all Evil to any Redskin fan. Which clouds the pick in many peoples minds. 

Hail. 

kid doesnt pass the eye test, one of the worst rookie qb's I have seen in a long time. Cant read the defenses, after 9 months doesnt know the playbook, mechanics all round terrible, accuracy garbage.

Having said that give him the rest of the season so even the blind here now know we need to move on!

Archived