Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What would you do IF YOU bought the team???

a0tmike21

Unsure why some new owners here think changing the team name and uniforms is a top priority.

With the assistance of the NFL, hiring a consultant to make the initial big decisions on hiring the big heads of public relations, advertisement, front office. Then have those new hires make all the decisions without my permission for the Redskins moving forward.

Then get on board with Renovating FedEx with my own money and renaming it to Redskins Stadium or Jack Kent Cooke Stadium  in 2027. I'd turn it into a amusement type park and not charge for parking,

What I think I'd do - Make all the changes needed to win a championship.

What would actually happen - Find out winning a championship is not easy, get overwhelmed and hire someone do to everything. I'd eventually fire that person because I couldn't help but to second guess their decisions that didn't immediately pay off. Eventually I'd be surrounded by a bunch of 'yes men', which will force the team to be in a constant circle of me realizing I need to let go the power only to take it all back a couple years later. 

Wait a second... 

giphy.gif

I've just turned into the one I hate the most...

23 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Probably a ton of hookers and blow like jerry jones.

Yep, me too. The team can wait a few days, right now we party!

4 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

I would move the team to Paris. You silly...

Another question?

The Parisian Burgundians, perfect.

Would like to think I could do the right thing, ie. Hire good football people and get out of the way!  But does anyone here seriously think they could pull off the getting out of the way part? Impossible!  We would all be another Fan Snyder...  Taller and better looking perhaps but just as meddlesome... 

On a more serious note, one thing I would do is copy something I first heard being done on Broadway by the producers of the musical Rent. I'd reserve a block of one thousand seats each week and lottery them off for ten dollars a piece. The idea being that Broadway (and the NFL too) has gotten too expensive for many and too grow the sport and give a chance to encourage new fandom, cheap, affordable, and good seats ought to be made available.

I also would charge preseason games differently even if it cost me. A preseason game would cost half the price of a regular season game. In other words, I'd find a way to bring some families back to the game. With tickets so often being a hundred bucks a pop or more if you include parking, concessions, etc. the price to go to a game is a cruel bite to many families.

1) have a special promotion for all current and past season ticket holders, to try and get and keep Redskins fans in the seats 

2) definitely delegate the football operations to people who know how to run a draft and set rosters and have a public record of all job descriptions, no more who is doing what

3) hire a coach who is not afraid to fake a field goal and other gadget plays ,when the opportunity arises this would excite my fans 

3) Until the team moves, a fresh coat of paint in the walkways of FedEx field would not hurt, there are spots where paint is litterly peeling and falling on the floor 

I'd fire everyone. 

Hire a GM and let GM hire the coach.

I'd tell the GM to get rid of all the players.  They are all tainted to me.  I basically want to start over, as basically expansion team. Whatever is feasible within the salary cap; trade as many players as we can.  Then cut as many as we can.

Everything Dan has done for the past 25 years, but just the opposite.  I’d run the company like George Castanza in the Opposite episode.  Whatever Snyder ever decided on, I would do the opposite.  Could possibly make for 25 years of awesome vs the 25 years of suck.  

Very simple. Have a GM pre selected and already agreed to come on board who is simply committed to a no non sense approach to winning, promise full support and get the H out of the way. Leave football to people who know football and not treat an NFL franchise as a toy to bolster my ego.

I think there is similar thread but it's if Dan hired you to do what you needed to get a winning team. 

But i have changed my mind a little - if I were to buy the team - I would put together search team to find the right President - could be a President/GM but prefer a team President. Get a list of top 3 and see what we end up with. Then let that team president do what thy needed. Let them know they have 3 yrs to make the POs and 5 to make deep run - meaning winning a few games. I will simply sign checks and watch the games. Call it make the NFC Championship game. If they fail, the entire lot will be fired and I start over. 

1 hour ago, brettstr said:

!st Option

1.  HIre Bill Bellicheck

2. Make him President and Part Owner 

3. Let him run the show.

2nd Option

Contact Shanahan. He brought in really good coaches. Team President

Let him hire the GM

recommend coached

Sit back and watch

I love the Armchair GMs who clearly know the names of 2 coaches in the entire league.

3rd Option: Bill Cowher

4th Option: Tom Landry

On 11/12/2019 at 2:18 PM, skinsfan_1215 said:

Federals (fits with Nationals, Capitals themes)- probably my favorite for starting fresh

Stars and Stripes (Stars for short) - go with a patriotic theme

Warriors - logo can be the throwback spear 

War Birds or Red Wolves

20 hours ago, zskins said:

I would sell it to that guy who owns the Amazon for billions of dollar and then buy an Island and watch the Redskins while sipping on some drink in a glass that looks like a coconut and has that little umbrella in it that doubles as a straw.  :)

Yeah but even the very worst NFL teams are still a cash cow the likes of which a mutual fund or stock portfolio could only dream of.  You could still retire day one brotha, with a few phone calls the team will run itself

And that profitability regardless of productivity is why Little Danny will never, ever sell

Archived