Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Report: Josh Norman being shopped by Redskins

BoycottEuphemisticFans

Skins shopping Josh Norman which I find HI-LAR-I-OUS!

Why this is hilarious to me is because the idiots that run this team refuse to trade its one and most valuable asset in Trent WIlliams.   But now, after witnessing an unprecedented wave of nearing-the-trade-deadline activity by other teams, Allen, Snyder and the suits don't want to appear uninvolved, disinterested, or perhaps most accurately described as fearful that the media in the near future will suggest that the Skins once again are "behind the times" in recognizing that the NFL is now more trade-friendly in season than it used to be.  So those clever suits will trade an asset nobody even really wants, in part, I suspect so that Bruce Allen can answer the question in February with "well, we did move Josh Norman".   This isn't about making their team better.  

This whole cherade is the equivalent of the neighborhood-wide garage sale that you participate in just so the neighbors don't think you're not social and you setup in your driveway with a table that has one item on it: an ugly lamp that doesn't work.

https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/10/27/redskins-shopping-josh-norman-nfl-trade-deadline/

Trent situation is jus ego of Bruce on full display.  Theres a lot of players that should be traded as part of rebuild. Norman being one of them.  What I saw yesterday was frustration on Redskins unwillingness to listen to trade offers for anyone, so I dont know if this is legit or jus BS put out to contradict whatever already knows: the front office is in absolute denial that they are wrong, not that they suck

You nailed it. Trade one of the guys with zero value so they can say, see? 

Also, no one is trading for Norman. He shouldn’t even be on a roster. The ONLY way they even get a 6th rounder for him is if they eat half or more of the cap hit. Which defeats the whole purpose. 

this franchise is a joke. 

19 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Trent situation is jus ego of Bruce on full display.  Theres a lot of players that should be traded as part of rebuild. Norman being one of them.  What I saw yesterday was frustration on Redskins unwillingness to listen to trade offers for anyone, so I dont know if this is legit or jus BS put out to contradict whatever already knows: the front office is in absolute denial that they are wrong, not that they suck

I'm gonna go with bs/placation. And like everything else they've tried using this tactic, it's not going to work. 

9 minutes ago, benskins26 said:

You nailed it. Trade one of the guys with zero value so they can say, see? 

Also, no one is trading for Norman. He shouldn’t even be on a roster. The ONLY way they even get a 6th rounder for him is if they eat half or more of the cap hit. Which defeats the whole purpose. 

this franchise is a joke. 

I'm not gonna go that far, but Norman is not someone teams should be tripping over themselves to go after during the trade deadline. This is just chum, and it's insulting.

I bet this is true.  This is when they try to trade guys -- discarding their failing veterans or draft busts for low round picks.  If you recall there was a mention of them trying to trade Doctson, Zach Brown, etc before they were let go.

What would Norman fetch a 7th?  Conditional 6th?  A dude making 15 million a year who is one of PFF's lowest rated corners this season. 

Bruce and Dan will never trade away value players because they’ll have to admit they were wrong about being close and having a damn good culture. 

This Norman thing has zero to do with what’s good for the team but more of a false perception of competency from the moron trust. 

I don't get the hate here. 

Who would have taken Josh Norman before the season at that salary? Answer is: no one. Not a soul. 

In season, with injuries piling up and a reduced cap hit, there is the long-shot possibility to get a late pick a couple years from now.

Perhaps they should have traded Trent, but I don't live that idea either. The best course of action would have been to 'make-up' for any grievance with a new deal and terms, and keep a future Hall of Famer on the team. Since that didn't happen, hard to know if it's reparable. 

Not saying that it is likely, but perhaps Snyder and Trent can find some common ground with Bruce Allen fired at the end of the year. At this point, Bruce will have to fall on his sword with an atrocious record.

Again, not realistic but possible. 

Just now, Silvernon said:

Not saying that it is likely, but perhaps Snyder and Trent can find some common ground with Bruce Allen fired at the end of the year. At this point, Bruce will have to fall on his sword with an atrocious record.

Again, not realistic but possible. 

Which part is not likely?  Trent coming to terms with the Redskins or the moron Bruce falling on his sword?

1 minute ago, Silvernon said:

I don't get the hate here. 

Who would have taken Josh Norman before the season at that salary? Answer is: no one. Not a soul. 

$ can always be worked out in the offseason.  They also could have dangled Norman for trade before last season but they had already given up Fuller for Alex.  It’s been obvious that this dude at a minimum, doesn’t work here, for a long time.  Teams don’t have a ton of cap space to way overpay for him now.  If they do find a partner, I’d bet the Skins still have to eat $.

8 minutes ago, carex said:

if the Redskins are so bad how is his poor play on him.  Maybe he'd do better with someone who doesn't play soft zone all the time

So, an individuals poor performance can't possibly be on the individual, simply because he is surrounded by other poor performers? At this point I think you may be trolling yourself.

Archived